Opinion The joys and madnesses of relationships...

Remove this Banner Ad

Argh why do we do these things to ourselves. Somewhere between the hope and the fear.

Sometimes only a song can say the words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS Walter, WTF is the point of a swearing jar? It can GAGF as far as I'm concerned. I'm an angry bogan Pies supporter, and I can f'ken swear as f'ken often as I f'ken like (without repercussions and having to pay for it).:D
And I thought you just liked hair.....

Now as I’ve alluded to in this thread, my better half is a Carlton supporter (which makes her my worse half but I digress). Anyway, being the thoughtful, caring boyfriend I am, I bought her a hat for Christmas. Nothing special about this hat really, everyone else gets the same hat.

She wasn’t impressed, so we arrived at a compromise. Each week I would put a birthday allowance into the hat. The money would accumulate until her birthday in March, at which time we’d spend it on a present of her choosing. Thereby somewhat negating the shittiness of the Christmas present.

Now, what I haven’t told her, but what I’m planning on doing, is on the week before her birthday I’m going to remove all of the money from her hat except for a few quid.

This will teach her a life lesson. Cheating the “salary cap” has consequences, it hurts people who take things at face value and are fair and honest, and maybe she shouldn’t support such a s**t, immoral bunch of scumbags.

;)
Just remember life’s great lesson.

Money in pocket hers, money not in pocket money still hers

And sometimes joy bathes us...

Watching my daughter seizing life in her gap year

She studied ferociously and got the grades for medicine and now is partying like it's 1999

Glad you have the Joy WBW. Hold onto it.

And sometimes joy bathes us...

Watching my daughter seizing life in her gap year

She studied ferociously and got the grades for medicine and now is partying like it's 1999
Well done to your daughter.
I'm imagining you're a pretty proud father at the moment.

Side note... your and you're in the one post and I nailed them both.

And now I am proud of you Great Turkman!
Excellent Walt. Congrats on daughter.

I can only assume that your success with daughter is due to her being a Collingwood girl?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back