The JUBJUB Memorial Supercars 2017 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really impressed with Cam Waters this weekend. The Prodrive cars are notoriously bad here and he drove very well, didn't make a mistake of note.

Will be interesting to see if Courtney gets done for hammering into the back of Simona (I tried to say that without being rude !!!). If he doesn't cop a penalty it'll just about be a free for all.
I think JC has to be done. My only thought is that, was she under blue flags? Because she slowed right down on the racing line. Whole thing was a bit weird.

Man this year T8 vs DJRP gonna be epic.

Onboard with Dean Canto in the more expensive Lambo for this mornings crash

raw

ear muffs needed. I just let everyone in the street know I watched that video

Didn't matter. He locked it up under pressure. Scotty has always been quick, it's just in races something always comes up. Today it was tyres. Yesterday it was a drive through.

I think they're already here. They've moved past all but 1 car in the field.
He didn't have the pace to hold him so it was inevitable, and the drive through wasn't his fault.... the team never actually told him the lights went out which is a bit amateur.

As for JC, I THINK Simona was headed into the pits hence her slowing down and getting barreled into. Will be interesting to see.

And I'm not gonna include Penske just yet, they were mega fast here last year too but had too many failures and bad weekends. I reckon they aren't far away though. It took T8 nearly 3 years to really break through and they didn't have to deal with THE most dominant team in history (they are said team) that Penske do.

If they can keep it up it'll be better for the sport.

First time Prodrive, Mostert in particular, leave Adelaide with 4 straight cars and a good haul for Chaz and Cam. JW and Frosty largely nowhere though, alarming for the former as he usually dominates.

So it's gonna be a free for all.

I tend to agree with Frosty in that we will see alot of guys getting away with stuff you normally wouldn't. Basically De Silvestro got done for kerb hopping and Scotty for weaving under the SC and that's it. The penalty to Mclaughlin was laughable.

The thing with SVG is how easy he dispatched Whincup on of JWs best tracks. He was miles ahead bar today's qualifying. Scary for everyone else unless Prodrive and Penske find a bit more. I'm not convinced anyone else has anything on a consistent basis.

SVG. Is. A. Gun.

Unless he has TWO DNFs this year, he is gonna win the championship. Whincup and Lowndes has mediocre weekends, but Frosty was terrible today... Does anyone know why he faltered so much in the closing stages of the race???

He isn't used to getting that far at Clipsal !!! None of the Prodrive cars held their tyres together, only Mostert made them work for long periods today, and Waters to a lesser extent. They were all slowing to a crawl by race end, they're always poor on street courses. It's definetly something they need to work on.

Only way I can see SVG losing is if they balls up the Enduros. Matt Campbell will have a huge job, so too Premat with Scotty.

As I said, depends if they are capable of giving him a car that good on a regular basis. If they can, then he'll be there.

He successfully argued that he had no idea De Silvestro was pitting and therefore slowing dramatically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty poor form by channel 10/fox sports/supercars to not show todays practice and qualifying on TV. Surely they could work it out to at least show a stream online or something.

Did Fox Sports not show it?

If they didn't, it might be a licensing thing? They normally show every session of everything.
Nope, fox sports didn't show it... advertising for the past month or two has been 'every practice, qualifying and race live in HD". I assume it's to do with 10 having the rights to the GP and not being there today, but surely they could at least organize to have a live stream on the supercars website or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back