Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2005
fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Yes Sandi and McCarthy are out but Nth Melb are missing Waite, Mcmillian, Williams & zeibell has a very dodged shoulder and is highly likely out. Just got up for last week. They get Cunnington and Dumont back in midfield but we have Blakely & Hill to comeback in and possibly Langdon. Waite has been playing on a wing last few weeks but is a goal kicker and a big out for them.

Who could forget the last time we played Norf!? Shane Kersten was the hero kicking the match winning goal in the last minute to get Freo over the line 9.13.67 to 9.8.62. After the last two weeks, I don't think any of our hearts could take another close game like this and the boys will be looking to get a solid win under there belts with only 2 being by more then 16 points.

North are coming off a defeat at the hands of the Gold Coast and it could have been costly with Jarrad Waite going down with a calf injury during the last quarter. Ben Brown has been good this season kicking 34 goals in 14 games, it will be a big day for my buddy Hamling and our defence to keep Brown quiet.

Big Sean Darcy was impressive against the Saints after Sandi went down in the first quarter but playing against Goldstein is an entirely different proposition to Longer, hopefully training against the man mountain will have helped, it will certainly be fun to watch!

It wouldn't be right to not acknowledge Michael Walters, he probably played the best game of the season of any player last week, amassing 32 touches, 6 goals and 6 marks. He was dynamic! If Sonny can reproduce anything close to that it will go a long way to seeing a Fremantle victory!

My prediction is Freo by 25!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pretty unnecessary thread, especially to label if we're a "sneaky" chance to win. We're two teams in similar positions on and off the field. We SHOULD win this game given the changes although I wouldn't be surprised if North Melbourne find the 4 points, their list is doing a lot better than expected - been surprising and scaring people all year just like us. Even match up.

We don't play etihad well at all. North are mud but hope we can manufacture a loss somehow. Really looking forward to Ross saying "you can lose and still move forward". Totally agree. If kids are improving and playing well, I don't care about winning just now. Draft picks are king!

"But then we'll end up like Brissy or Melbourne or Carlton or whoever else has had long rebuilds with losing culture". Hot tip - NO WE WONT! He have great leaders and culture. After only winning 4 games last year, and many many floggings - if we didn't have that leadership and culture, after our first two games this year we would have spiralled out of control. But we regrouped and showed spirit. As long as we're competitive and the kids are improving / getting experience, winning is secondary for now. Drop these games and win the last couple to carry form into preseason. Top 5 pick is essential IMO. Give top 8 a good shake next year with Bennell, Fyfe and A.Pearce fit and firing.

We don't play etihad well at all. North are mud but hope we can manufacture a loss somehow. Really looking forward to Ross saying "you can lose and still move forward". Totally agree. If kids are improving and playing well, I don't care about winning just now. Draft picks are king!

"But then we'll end up like Brissy or Melbourne or Carlton or whoever else has had long rebuilds with losing culture". Hot tip - NO WE WONT! He have great leaders and culture. After only winning 4 games last year, and many many floggings - if we didn't have that leadership and culture, after our first two games this year we would have spiralled out of control. But we regrouped and showed spirit. As long as we're competitive and the kids are improving / getting experience, winning is secondary for now. Drop these games and win the last couple to carry form into preseason. Top 5 pick is essential IMO. Give top 8 a good shake next year with Bennell, Fyfe and A.Pearce fit and firing.
Quite the opposite actually, pretty good record under Ross at Etihad. Though, North always play well against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite the opposite actually, pretty good record under Ross at Etihad. Though, North always play well against us.
1-6 vs Roos at Etihad isn't exactly a pretty good record though. And you made me check, 9-9 since 2011. Not bad. Still hope we lose :D

no they don't. They are stubborn, They haven had a season where they haven't got less than 7 wins since 1985.
There is always first time . Record are there to be break. Good or bad .

Ross Lyon suffers first 100- point loss as coach Vs Adelaide.

In the first half of the season I would have labelled the likelihood as "sneaky" but would have still tipped them.

North have been putrid for a month now and I think this one is 50/50 at worst. Sure, it could be one of those games where we just don't show up but if we roll out our Geelong or Saints efforts and they continue their form line, we win.

Also not sure there is a standout pick 1 or pick 2 as yet so tanking for it really wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back