Remove this Banner Ad

Iworkthecircus

All Australian
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

Interesting case this one .

Last edited:
It really is the wild Wild West , no police station in sandstone...
the friend whom they were camping with is sketchy but seems scared .

I lived just down the road from Sandstone for 7 years up until Dec 2017, and there were a few dodgy things going on out there as far as prospectors go. Let's face it, outside of prospecting and maybe wildflowers, there's really no other reason to be out in that neck of the woods.

This created a lot of local interest and once he was found there wasn't much more ever said about it.

Day 2 of inquest.

Day 2 of inquest.

What a horrible way to die down the bottom of an old mine shaft. I wonder where Jennie is, if maybe somebody took her away from the campsite.

Couldn't find anything today but the inquest is due to go until 17 January 2020

The Court is open to the public.

Jennie Anne KEHLET (Suspected Death)
Raymond Keith KEHLET

Before: State Coroner : R V C Fogliani
Counsel Assisting: B Nelson

Location: Court 51, 5th floor Central Law Courts, 501 Hay Street, Perth
Date & Time: 6 to 17 January 2020 at 10.00am

Perthnow has a video.

Witness saw Graham Milne near the area.

Suggestion made from a search expert that a possible scenario was that the Kehlets went puppy searching and Mr fell in a Shaft while looking and that Mrs got lost in the dark and eventually perished.

Lets face it a dog will always find its way home.

Suggestion made from a search expert that a possible scenario was that the Kehlets went puppy searching and Mr fell in a Shaft while looking and that Mrs got lost in the dark and eventually perished.

Lets face it a dog will always find its way home.

their “friend” killed them. Pretty obvious. His story makes absolutely no sense is filled with holes and lies.
Just wonder why he hasn’t been charged.

their “friend” killed them. Pretty obvious. His story makes absolutely no sense is filled with holes and lies.
Just wonder why he hasn’t been charged.
The Office of the Department of Public Prosecutions knocked it back. I guess not enough evidence. It may be what the inquest is about.

A few more articles about Graham Milne's questions.

For what it’s worth, I reckon there may be some truth in both versions put forward at the inquest - the search officer who thinks the dog took off and Mr Kehlet fell down a shaft and Mrs Kehlet subsequently got lost; and the police who think the friend murdered them both.

Possibly: the dog did indeed take off after a roo. The Kehlets took off after it, Mr Kehlet stumbled and fell down the mine shaft. Mrs Kehlet and their friend sat at the top hoping he would regain consciousness- thus accounting for the mix of cigarettes with Mrs Kehlet and the friend’s DNA found at the top of the mine shaft.
At some point, the friend has attempted to seduce Mrs Kehlet, she’s rejected him, it’s turned nasty, he kills her. Spends the next day disposing of her body, then lies and lies to police because he’s guilty as all hell. Pffttt who prospects until 3am in the morning? For 16 hours straight? (Drugs??)

I can find no other motive for why the friend would kill them both. A sexual motive is often the most likely. And why he would spin such tall stories to police about his movements on the way home, and then backtrack. ‘Oh, well yes, now that you have evidence from my gps that I was on the gravel track, I’ll admit I was there. But then changed my mind. Then changed it again. And somehow all the security cameras on the bitumen way home missed me’. If he is in fact innocent, he’s done himself no favours by lying. I’ll bet my money he disposed of Mrs Kehlet along the gravel shortcut he’s denying going down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all of his lies, it'd be very difficult to get a murder conviction with one body missing and the other one down the bottom of a mine shaft with an unknown cause of death. Plenty of room to argue for reasonable doubt.

Possibly: the dog did indeed take off after a roo. The Kehlets took off after it, Mr Kehlet stumbled and fell down the mine shaft. Mrs Kehlet and their friend sat at the top hoping he would regain consciousness- thus accounting for the mix of cigarettes with Mrs Kehlet and the friend’s DNA found at the top of the mine shaft.
At some point, the friend has attempted to seduce Mrs Kehlet, she’s rejected him, it’s turned nasty, he kills her. Spends the next day disposing of her body, then lies and lies to police because he’s guilty as all hell. Pffttt who prospects until 3am in the morning? For 16 hours straight? (Drugs??)

the cigarettes near the shaft is a puzzling bit of information. if the husband fell in i doubt you just stand there having cigarettes waiting for him climb up.

I think the most likely scenario is the wife + the friend were banging on the side, they murdered him and at some point the friend decided to bump her off too. The prospecting until 3am is one of the more preposterous explanations of someone's time, fairly obvious that was the time when he was dumping her body.

"A prospector whose body was found down an abandoned mineshaft in remote Western Australia had injuries to his face, neck and right hand, but his cause of death could not be ascertained, an inquest has heard. ..."

"Bones on the tips of three of his fingers on his right hand were also missing, she said."
from the link in the post above.

Sounds like old mate had a gun and he's blown Rays fingertips off? Defensive wound?

1579518167075.jpeg
I guess the important question here is - was there also Jennie or Ray’s DNA on the water bottle? If so, and they had shared the water bottle at some point, then Jennie could have transferred Milne’s DNA from the water bottle onto the cigarette (contact DNA). Unless the cigarette butt with his DNA on only had his DNA, not a mixed profile...

This article also mentioned a Jerry can full of stones at the bottom of the mineshaft with Ray’s body. WTF 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Why? As a counterweight if abseiling down? I can’t think of any explanation for it. Anyone?

This article also mentioned a Jerry can full of stones at the bottom of the mineshaft with Ray’s body. WTF 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Why? As a counterweight if abseiling down? I can’t think of any explanation for it. Anyone?

Not sure I understand why you would need a counterweight and it being so particularly awkward? How weird. As if they all took some new psychedelic drug and wigged out although the pathologist might have picked that up on tox screens.

I cant think of one reason why a jerry can full of stones would be down there.

Not sure I understand why you would need a counterweight and it being so particularly awkward? How weird. As if they all took some new psychedelic drug and wigged out although the pathologist might have picked that up on tox screens.

I cant think of one reason why a jerry can full of stones would be down there.

yup. Makes absolutely no sense at all. I’d love to hear even a half plausible reason for why it would be there, even if it’s a coincidence and nothing to do with the Kehlets

...article also mentioned a Jerry can full of stones at the bottom of the mineshaft with Ray’s body. WTF Why? As a counterweight if abseiling down? I can’t think of any explanation for it. Anyone?
perhaps it was remnant of a makeshift weight that may have been lowered on some type of pulley ; designed to bring a heavy bucket of finds up to the surface ...
just a thought

imho

"Bones on the tips of three of his fingers on his right hand were also missing, she said."
from the link in the post above.

Sounds like old mate had a gun and he's blown Rays fingertips off? Defensive wound?

you would think there may be gunshot residue(?)

picture winching finds up to ground level by using a weighted jerry can on a rope or cable ... some type of distraction at ground level causing a malfunction, totally unexpected by him below - a sudden jolt - and fingertips severed by the rope tightening as he secures the finds bucket ; neck & facial injuries caused by the falling jerry can.
how much would that weigh?

imho

Sounds like the conclusion that is going to come out of this inquest is that Jennie Kehlet is no longer alive. Wait for the publication of the inquest for other possible conclusions.

"I am satisfied that Ray came to harm at the base of the mineshaft. His death was violent and attributable to trauma from injuries sustained as a result of the actions of a person, or persons unknown."

Psst, Ms Coroner lady, I'll give you a hint. When 3 people go out into the wilderness to camp, one ends up murdered, one ends up dead presumably also murdered and one makes it out alive that's usually a good clue who did it.

Just a shame there wasn't more evidence found in this case cause the picture as it stands is pretty clear cut there's just not enough evidence from a legal standpoint to prosecute Milne.

I wonder though if the coroner hadn't granted him immunity whether it might be a different case. If a prosecutor could take Milne's statement and try to poke as many holes in it as possible whether you could convict Milne on such a circumstantial case

Remove this Banner Ad

Back