List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are targeting and eliciting a response. I had a simple question.

As someone slamming Miguel for posting frequently on the Cats board, you sure are making yourself comfortable here.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it, but you have to appreciate the irony at least somewhat, right?

You are targeting and eliciting a response. I had a simple question.

You asked a question based on a premise that didn’t exist, ie “people are claiming West Coast spends more on welfare than other clubs”. I didn’t say that. I said we reportedly spend more than Freo.

Thanks,

I just saw on Fox footy that next years first is on the table as well.

Would be ok with that, given if we secure Kelly that pick is likely to be around 19 once you factor in GCS 2020 compo pick (#11).

I also just heard on TR that a deal may be done in the next 24-48 hours. It's getting interesting, isn't it?

"Geelong isn’t going to make it easy for Tim Kelly to get to West Coast, but the Eagles are ready to get creative.

Cats list manager Stephen Wells declared on Monday afternoon Kelly is “worth more than” two first round draft picks.

The Eagles only have one first round pick at the moment, 14, and also hold picks 24 and 33.

But West Coast footy boss Craig Vozzo acknowledged “a heavy price needs to be paid” for a player of Kelly’s calibre.

Vozzo said the Eagles and Cats had discussed trading future selections, including West Coast’s 2020 first round pick.

West Coast has also discussed the potential of pick swaps with other clubs."

You asked a question based on a premise that didn’t exist, ie “people are claiming West Coast spends more on welfare than other clubs”. I didn’t say that. I said we reportedly spend more than Freo.
i could be wrong, but i asked a general question. I didnt refer it to you. Please dont be so sensitive

As someone slamming Miguel for posting frequently on the Cats board, you sure are making yourself comfortable here.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with it, but you have to appreciate the irony at least somewhat, right?

“Appreciate the verbosity of it” you mean ;)

Thanks,

I just saw on Fox footy that next years first is on the table as well.

Would be ok with that, given if we secure Kelly that pick is likely to be around 19 once you factor in GCS 2020 compo pick (#11).

I also just heard on TR that a deal may be done in the next 24-48 hours. It's getting interesting, isn't it?

"Geelong isn’t going to make it easy for Tim Kelly to get to West Coast, but the Eagles are ready to get creative.

Cats list manager Stephen Wells declared on Monday afternoon Kelly is “worth more than” two first round draft picks.

The Eagles only have one first round pick at the moment, 14, and also hold picks 24 and 33.

But West Coast footy boss Craig Vozzo acknowledged “a heavy price needs to be paid” for a player of Kelly’s calibre.

Vozzo said the Eagles and Cats had discussed trading future selections, including West Coast’s 2020 first round pick.

West Coast has also discussed the potential of pick swaps with other clubs."
Would be surprised if anything got done in the next 24-48 hours, in this trade or any others to be honest. Especially if the last line about pick swaps with other clubs is true. Everyone seems to be in on a trade of their own, no one will be swapping anything until they land the player they're after you'd imagine eg Papley, Daniher, Hill etc.

Hi Mahlepi,

Have you had a chance to read the response I gave to your question?

Just wanted to check in and see if that answered all your questions.
according to fox you will need to change your name in 48 hours
may i suggest:
TKisFree
TKisinWA
TKWCE
or if you like the free theme
FREEWILLIE
Freefeed
Freethekids
Freeclimatechange

Derwayne has a rant at the start of his session today about integrity and dishonesty of clubs... then pushes his agenda that kelly should stay in geelong for another year with a dodgy agreement next year, despite his family struggles being well known.

Oh the irony of afl media questioning integrity of anyone.

Would be surprised if anything got done in the next 24-48 hours, in this trade or any others to be honest. Especially if the last line about pick swaps with other clubs is true. Everyone seems to be in on a trade of their own, no one will be swapping anything until they land the player they're after you'd imagine eg Papley, Daniher, Hill etc.

These people (list managers) Don't wish to be at Marvel until 8:29pm on the last day of trade week. They want to get their business done as quick as possible and go home (8 interstate clubs are in town for this).

Don't forget that the draft picks tied up with a player trade have destination club. Eg; If Carlton trade 9 for Papley, we would be talking to Sydney (not Cartlon) about trading our picks for 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

may i suggest:
TKisFree
TKisinWA
TKWCE
FREEWILLIE
Freefeed
Freethekids
Freeclimatechange

You asked a question and I answered it in good faith, do you wish to engage in the substance of my post?

Melbourne gets: Gaff
WCE gets: TK
Geelong gets: Pick 3 (Melb), 14 (WCE)

Would need a few later pick swaps to even things up you'd think

Wow they are really special that lot
Don't quote me off the Cats board on your board, thanks

Don't quote me off the Cats board on your board, thanks

* you’re sensitive.

Ask him to change his avatar and stop using the react buttons in a way you find offensive as well while you’re here.

may i suggest:
TKisFree
TKisinWA
TKWCE
FREEWILLIE
Freefeed
Freethekids
Freeclimatechange

If he is denied his trade request, my username becomes even more relevant...

But I guess logic isn't something Catters are very good at.

There was no link to your name but you've just made it so.

Ass clown
fu** you’re sensitive.

Ask him to change his avatar and stop using the react buttons in a way you find offensive as well while you’re here.
There was initially and then it was edited out, otherwise why would I have had the notification? ********s.

I've just been to the Geelong board, and it was a lot more reasonable than I expected. A few of them recognise that "worth more than our two first round picks" is a bargaining position.

We start with: 19R1 + 20R1 with an R2 coming back, or 19R1 + an R2.
They start with: 19R1 + 20R1 + something else.
We meet in the middle with 19R1 + 20R1.

I also expect an extra element to the trade which both clubs announce as a win. One logical possibility is our 2019 R2 for their 2020 R2.

Eagles: Having brought in an outstanding player in Tim Kelly, and traded astutely last year for Sydney's second round pick, that allows us to obtain two quality players in our premiership window. The risk was to next year's draft - and while we have had to trade out of the first round in 2020, we've managed to obtain an extra second-round pick.

Geelong: While understandably disappointed to lose Tim Kelly, we have substantially improved our draft position with first round picks both this year and next. In addition, we've managed to obtain another immediate opportunity to bolster our list with a further second-round pick this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back