List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Gaff isn't going anywhere. He's nailed his flag to the WCE mast.

The longer this goes on the more I think we should tell Geelong to go f*ck themselves after last year. They tried to play high and mighty with us with the whole "cant make a premiership threat stronger" bullsh*t and got burned - they're now in a weaker position to trade.

1st round this year + future second, and that's it. If Kelly's missus wants to come home as badly as everyone says she does, this will be enough to get it done. Geelong's list is on the edge of the precipice and about to tumble. The only thing keeping Kelly there is club loyalty.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
We should throw the kitchen sink at Geelong. Its a premiership window. Pay overs if we have to. 2019 first 2 picks, 2020 first 2 picks, plus a Petrucelle and one other.

Masten out, Kelly in.

Could be the difference that nets us our 5th flag.

Imagine our centre square with NicNat, Shuey, Yeo and Kelly.

You can't trade two future picks if one is a 1st is my understanding.

And two 1sts plus two 2nds plus players is getting a tad over the top mate.

Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NBA: Thunder
Gaff isn't going anywhere. He's nailed his flag to the WCE mast.

The longer this goes on the more I think we should tell Geelong to go f*ck themselves after last year. They tried to play high and mighty with us with the whole "cant make a premiership threat stronger" bullsh*t and got burned - they're now in a weaker position to trade.

1st round this year + future second, and that's it. If Kelly's missus wants to come home as badly as everyone says she does, this will be enough to get it done. Geelong's list is on the edge of the precipice and about to tumble. The only thing keeping Kelly there is club loyalty.

Exactly this! Geelong took a swing for the fences hoping to nail the flag and convince Kelly to stay by having him around another year. If he has his heart set on home now it's our turn to do the shafting.

If he nominates us, then 1st round and future second.

Into The Black

All Australian
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
My gut is telling me he stays a cat.
I have no idea how you have been able to remain so civil on the cats board. Some of their posters are almost unhinged. There seems to be no middle ground with most of them, no reasoning and they think we are being completely unreasonable ? Anyway, well done mate, you represented our fans very well. :thumbsu:

Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
If Freo add Toddy Curley to their coaching staff i think it might sway him to Freo.

I'm not sure about that. I think having Lewis and Chance around the club plus the family appeal you see at west coast with all the babies running around would have him sold on us. I would love to be sipping on some green tea with Lewis after a hard slog each week.

If he leaves Geelong he will also be thinking he is leaving a contender and a chance for a Flag.
He will still want a chance for a Premiership Medal ..... two WA teams .... one is a contender and will be in the next few years ...... the other in a fair way from being a contender and at the moment is a rudderless ship.

Kelly ponders .
Who do I chose ..... is it a tough decision ???

I think NOT.

If he wants a chance at a Premiership it’s a no brainer .

Why scratch with the turkeys ,
When you can fly with the Eagles .

For those expecting/hoping for Kelly to announce his intentions soon you will probably need a bit more patience. News that he was seeking a trade last year didn’t surface until after Geelongs B&F which was the first Thursday in October just before trade period officially opened the following Monday

Again this year their B&F isn’t until Thursday next week so I doubt we’ll be hearing anything definitive from Kelly until then. Until then it’ll be pure speculation from the media, news about Geelong doing all they can to retain him, reports that Freo are still in the race as their best positioned to satisfy Geelongs demands and donuts from West Coast

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I have no idea how you have been able to remain so civil on the cats board. Some of their posters are almost unhinged. There seems to be no middle ground with most of them, no reasoning and they think we are being completely unreasonable ? Anyway, well done mate, you represented our fans very well. :thumbsu:

Thanks.

Most catters on their board are thoughtful and good to chat with. IF TK nominates WC and we end up doing a deal with GFC. I'll probably refrain from gloating out of respect for them.

Then there is the loud minority of Catters that seem to hate West Coast, almost as much as they hate Richmond. I'm not trying to troll them, but I will say some of their responses to genuinely entertain me. Strange cats indeed.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If Freo add Toddy Curley to their coaching staff i think it might sway him to Freo.
There is a reason that Kelly prefers us to Freo. Mostly because of the mountain of work we have done with TK over the years. I wouldn't be surprised that we were one of the reasons he started taking footy more seriously. After his family of course. After-all he played for SOuth Freo. Where were the Purple flogs then hey? Oh thats right there master in charge was telling him that he wasn't good enough to play AFL :tearsofjoy:

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
For those expecting/hoping for Kelly to announce his intentions soon you will probably need a bit more patience. News that he was seeking a trade last year didn’t surface until after Geelongs B&F which was the first Thursday in October just before trade period officially opened the following Monday

Again this year their B&F isn’t until Thursday next week so I doubt we’ll be hearing anything definitive from Kelly until then. Until then it’ll be pure speculation from the media, news about Geelong doing all they can to retain him, reports that Freo are still in the race as their best positioned to satisfy Geelongs demands and donuts from West Coast
Keys, if Dylan82 sources are to believed we will find out tommorrow. The difference to last year was TK was contracted so he would have been obligated to go. This year TK doesn't need to go if he has made his mind up to come home. He can just fly home early and miss the Geelong BF...

Spange

Club Legend
May 24, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Thanks.

Most catters on their board are thoughtful and good to chat with. IF TK nominates WC and we end up doing a deal with GFC. I'll probably refrain from gloating out of respect for them.

Then there is the loud minority of Catters that seem to hate West Coast, almost as much as they hate Richmond. I'm not trying to troll them, but I will say some of their responses to genuinely entertain me. Strange cats indeed.

My friend is a Geelong supporter. One time I went to the Geelong Supporters meet up at the Hyde Park Hotel with him and caught the bus in with them all.
Pretty much all the old timers said they hated West Coast for 92 and 94 and still hadn't got over it.

We were pretty crap back then as a team and got flogged by a heap. We had a young player who kicked the ball the wrong way I recall because he got confused on the direction we were kicking. Subsequently cut at the end of the season

And yes I needed to catch the bus back with them all too but they were all very sympathetic and didn't rub it in too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back