List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlepi

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2015
danger zone
AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks for replying to my post.
Given your comment that there is no disparity between WC and Victorian based clubs, can you provide a similar set of initiatives that Geelong have in place?

I'll be eagerly awaiting your reply about what supports Geelong has in place for its players. Specifically Indigenous players, and players with children.
i have outsourced that report to miguel, and a detailed response will be available shortly
please feel free to start here

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
We're bordering on needing to use the no oppo posters prefix just to save this thread.

I love the leniency of this board but I would have dusted off my ban hammer long ago. One Cats poster has been told twice to wrap it up in here and yet he's still bashing his gums together and adding nothing of value. ******* frustrating having to weed (hey Willie!) through all the back and forth BS to find genuine posts from our own fan base.
Yes, it wouldn't surprise me to find out a handful of their more vitriolic posters (I think we all know who) are the same people who are threatening Kelly's partner on Instagram.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The sad part is you can't even appreciate their posts as clever trolling. It's just mundane, s**tty spam that adds nothing to the thread. It's boring and repetitive.

Yep. I'm sure it'll get cleaned up eventually but for those of us checking in on the reg for possible deals and developments it's pretty much the worst.

I do love seeing Fivey fired up though.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
i have outsourced that report to miguel, and a detailed response will be available shortly
please feel free to start here

Hi Mahlepi,

Those programs Geelong run are great initiatives. However they are for young community members and are geared towards local primary and high school students. For instance;

DJILANG PROGRAM
Years 7 – 10
5 week program

Cultural connection for young Aboriginal people
The Djilang Program works with Aboriginal community members to encourage cultural connection to empower local young people from the Barwon region. This program is offered after school and provides connection, exploration and celebration of Aboriginal culture.

This program is highlighted annually with a dedicated Indigenous match round.

In partnership with Barwon Water and the Wadawurrung community.

That doesn't provide any answers to the questions that I asked. What specific supports does Geelong have in place to support it's players. Particularly players who are a) Indigenous and b) have young children.

Thanks again,

Anyone with anything objective to report regarding kelly? Picks wanted etc?

Geelong have publicly stated that they want at least two first rounders. Vozzo has said we’ll have to pay a price, unlikely that any of our players will be involved.

That’s it. That’s today’s update. 500 pages later.

Mahlepi

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2015
danger zone
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi Mahlepi,

Those programs Geelong run are great initiatives. However they are for young community members and are geared towards local primary and high school students. For instance;

DJILANG PROGRAM
Years 7 – 10
5 week program

Cultural connection for young Aboriginal people
The Djilang Program works with Aboriginal community members to encourage cultural connection to empower local young people from the Barwon region. This program is offered after school and provides connection, exploration and celebration of Aboriginal culture.

This program is highlighted annually with a dedicated Indigenous match round.

In partnership with Barwon Water and the Wadawurrung community.

That doesn't provide any answers to the questions that I asked. What specific supports does Geelong have in place to support it's players. Particularly players who are a) Indigenous and b) have young children.

Thanks again,
we recruited Matthew Stokes from the AFL

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
we recruited Matthew Stokes from the AFL

That's great. It's also one thing. I mentioned about 5 things that our club do for our players.

Anyway, I know that West Coast's player Welfare system has been a carrot in attracting Tim Kelly to our club. Evidenced by consecutive trade requests by Tim Kelly, specifically to the West Coast Eagles.

Mahlepi

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2015
danger zone
AFL Club
Geelong
That's great. It's also one thing. I mentioned about 5 things that our club do for our players.

Anyway, I know that West Coast's player Welfare system has been a carrot in attracting Tim Kelly to our club. Evidenced by consecutive trade requests by Tim Kelly, specifically to the West Coast Eagles.
really the only thing is the WCE programs, not the little thorny issue or two at freo
like ross the boss telling him he will never make it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Geelong have publicly stated that they want at least two first rounders. Vozzo has said we’ll have to pay a price, unlikely that any of our players will be involved.

That’s it. That’s today’s update. 500 pages later.
Sure 2 1st rounders but doesn't mean there wont be a pick back with kelly

Popular view in the other camp is that Kelly’s request to be an Eagle is based solely on him succumbing to pressure from Mrs Kelly (who seems to have taken on a Lady MacBeth role) or his dastardly manager. And this is evidence by, well nothing except a gut feeling, but surely that’s proof enough innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back