Universal Love The Kelly Gang

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no problem with Tim Kelly at all. In all honesty it's kind of odd that we see more quotes in the papers from his wife/girlfriend than we do from him. My instincts tell me that she's not getting very good advice from certain people around her... Tim's manager perhaps.
Perhaps it's time the bread winner sought external advice - outside of the fiance's family and player manager. Could be a case of always listening to the same voices and expecting to hear a different sound. An independent professional might provide a better outcome for all sides.

I disagree - if you go to the papers like she did, you leave yourself wide open for criticism. If you don't want criticism, then keep out of the public eye. It isn't hard to quiet - just don't say anything. I'm a reasonable person and I don't gossip about people unfairly. Most of the posters here are commenting on what she has chosen to make public.
Plenty of people were criticizing and some even bordering on abusing her before this article came out and would of continued to do so weather it came out or not.
At least this way she got to explain her side of things.

It'll make her, and thus her family, want away from where the controversy and vilification is coming from - Victoria. Geelong don't come out any better from this, the situation dragging on only makes it worse. There is no upside for Geelong. Some one-eyed supporters may be looking for that upside, but it's just not there. What's transpired has longer term consequences for Geelong with their 'we'll trade you to Freo but not WC despite the similar offers'. Early on, WC were willing to trade 20+22 for Sydney's pick 13. That was rejected by Geelong. Sydney needed the points for academy players at the time, so they were ok with it. Towards the end, Geelong say they would've accepted Freo's 14+31. Geelong haven't been consistent. Geelong playing this game leads to relationship and reputation damage that is going to be felt in the coming years. Geelong don't come out better in the wash.

If that's what you want to make the issue about, that's up to you. Caitlin's issues with GFC run a bit deeper than that.
All you're going by is hearsay or what you read on social media and sites like bigfooty, you haven't got a clue what the real facts are so shut your mouth and stop putting the GFC down.

Its a really uncomfortable article and i suspect she will come to regret it. She is really young and dealing with multiple issues concurrently but most parents deal with all this sort of stuff and having had a child at 24 with no money, and limited prospects I can attest to how hard it feels. But you get through it and blaming the club, well she's very lucky they are prepared to give support at all. Most people don't get any sort of support from an employer to deal with these sorts of personal issues.

Very unfortunate vent of spleen.

This is the closing line:
"I want everyone to realise that behind every footballer is a wife/partner and family sometimes one that’s in a dark place,” she said.

Psychological support ASAP. Its a real worry.

I disagree - if you go to the papers like she did, you leave yourself wide open for criticism. If you don't want criticism, then keep out of the public eye. It isn't hard to quiet - just don't say anything. I'm a reasonable person and I don't gossip about people unfairly. Most of the posters here are commenting on what she has chosen to make public.

The thing is, Geelong supporters have been potting her all year across social media sites like this, Instagram and Facebook. She stays silent, she's abused by our supporters. She speaks about her experience, she's abused by our supporters. It doesn't say much for us as a supporter-base. I've said that I think speaking to the papers is probably ill-advised but I can also understand why she may do it, if she felt she needed to answer her critics/abusers and speak her side of the story. And I highly doubt she contacted them first, begging to get her story out.

Look, I think this whole thing is a terrible situation and it's been handled poorly by multiple parties. As a supporter, it's horrible that the excitement at Tim Kelly's rise is tempered by the expectation that he'll leave but I think we should be better than abusing the mother of his kids, even if she says things that seem to be against the club. On that note, I'll say the article hardly contains her scorched-earthing GFC. She says they haven't helped as much as they promised. Who knows if that's true? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe it's her perception and she was expecting too much? I don't know. But that's my entire point, really. None of us know, which is why I think it's unbecoming to hurl insults at her from a position of relative ignorance.

I just don't understand what she expected from the club, I'd love to know what we have or haven't done that is letting them down so much...

To be honest I have felt that she is coming across as a bit of an entitled bogan with the comments and posts we see, seems to be expectations of things that really - let's cut the bull s**t, as a well paid footballer he can comfortably afford..

The thing is, Geelong supporters have been potting her all year across social media sites like this, Instagram and Facebook. She stays silent, she's abused by our supporters. She speaks about her experience, she's abused by our supporters. It doesn't say much for us as a supporter-base. I've said that I think speaking to the papers is probably ill-advised but I can also understand why she may do it, if she felt she needed to answer her critics/abusers and speak her side of the story. And I highly doubt she contacted them first, begging to get her story out.

Look, I think this whole thing is a terrible situation and it's been handled poorly by multiple parties. As a supporter, it's horrible that the excitement at Tim Kelly's rise is tempered by the expectation that he'll leave but I think we should be better than abusing the mother of his kids, even if she says things that seem to be against the club. On that note, I'll say the article hardly contains her scorched-earthing GFC. She says they haven't helped as much as they promised. Who knows if that's true? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe it's her perception and she was expecting too much? I don't know. But that's my entire point, really. None of us know, which is why I think it's unbecoming to hurl insults at her from a position of relative ignorance.
All year? When? The only time she’s been criticised is when she made these type of comments public

The most deluded rant I have seen...she isn’t a victim

Plenty of people were criticizing and some even bordering on abusing her before this article came out and would of continued to do so weather it came out or not.

I really don't think she has explained it to be honest. If she wanted to do that, perhaps both Tim and Caitlin can come out on those difficulties in the player's voice.

I think the article is very shallow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All year? When? The only time she’s been criticised is when she made these type of comments public

The most deluded rant I have seen

You obviously haven't seen many threads on Geelong's supporters Facebook page or even in the Tim Kelly thread here. People have been potting and abusing her all year and it hasn't taken much. Her and her Mum talk on Instagram about her feeling isolated? Well here's some Bigfooty Geelong supporters to bag her out and claim the WAGs have tried but she's been rude to them. Media stories about Kelly wanting to leave mid-season? Here's Geelong supporters on Facebook bagging her out. Look, if you didn't see it, you didn't see it but I did and I've thought it stunk whenever I did, which is why I remember it. Lots of supporters calling her "entitled" while simultaneously throwing their toys out of the cot because we may lose a player we always knew was a flight risk - it's just a bit sad.

You obviously haven't seen many threads on Geelong's supporters Facebook page or even in the Tim Kelly thread here. People have been potting and abusing her all year and it hasn't taken much. Her and her Mum talk on Instagram about her feeling isolated? Well here's some Bigfooty Geelong supporters to bag her out and claim the WAGs have tried but she's been rude to them. Media stories about Kelly wanting to leave mid-season? Here's Geelong supporters on Facebook bagging her out. Look, if you didn't see it, you didn't see it but I did and I've thought it stunk whenever I did, which is why I remember it. Lots of supporters calling her "entitled" while simultaneously throwing their toys out of the cot because we may lose a player we always knew was a flight risk - it's just a bit sad.
All year? I have not seen any abuse or comments made about her prior to her making public statements [trade period]

That's due to both Caitlin's and her family's posts on the Geelong Facebook page. There were a few rants before they were deleted.

However, that doesn't condone a few supporters going the full kick either. Some abhorrent behaviour from a few that call themselves supporters.

I think there's two issues here. One where Caitlin and her playing partner aren't getting support. Secondly, is supporters whom are sick of giving up first round picks for players wanting to come home, but when it's on the other foot we are expected to let quality players go for peanuts.

Again, if we could meet somewhere in the middle that would be better for all.

That's utter bs. Another 'rumour'. There's also a rumour of Caitlin and one of the Hill boys is behind the reason to not join Fre

But we don't know, other than the crap posted in this article which is a blend of the truth to sell newspapers.

It also points her out as the bad person in this, which I don't like at all. For someone that may have some mental health issues with having twins and a son with autism, Caitlin may very be really suffering depression.

In the article she alludes to those on the outer not having the full picture. However, we only see what we are given. The medical issues don't look that life threatening nor beyond a serious level. Autism and learning challenges, do take some shine away, considering the families living with severely disabled children on a carers pension or not much more than that (like I had to with a severely handicapped brother).

Like it or not, the Cats gave them a chance, even when they were overlooked twice by the Eagles in that draft. Caitlin says the club didn't give them support as they are from the other side of Australia with kids. That's one point that sours my view of her.

There's many a family that shift vast distances, away from support and family. However, they aren't on 200k.

I think the view of the money does take away sympathy for their cause, as normal Australians slaving away in their jobs for a quarter of that would create some ire. I was in the ADF for 20 years, regularly moving and leaving family behind. I gave up my career to keep my kids close, losing family support with that too. But I wasn't even on half the salary Tim is.

I think her expectations are the issue here. I hope that there's been some truthful discussions from both ends and hopefully they'll meet in the middle somewhere.

I just hope that no one boo's him. He doesn't need it, neither his family as it seems like the family cannot absorb any pressure at all.

Screenshot_2018-10-20-19-27-27-68.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't think she has explained it to be honest. If she wanted to do that, perhaps both Tim and Caitlin can come out on those difficulties in the player's voice.

I think the article is very shallow.

Yeah he really should. The article is shallow but not shallow enough to give her s**t over it I guess.
Would be nice to know what was promised by the club compared to what was given, and how our club compares in these matters compared to others before coming to conclusions.
But it really doesn't matter, as I said before people who were bitching about her before the article were still going to bitch if it came out or not.
Who cares! She can't hate the joint if they'd rather stay here than go to Freo.

All year? I have not seen any abuse or comments made about her prior to her making public statements [trade period]

Yeah, as I say, if you didn't see them, I can't blame you for thinking I'm being hyperbolic but they've been there. We had posters here calling her all sorts of names by mid-season, at the latest. And I normally avoid Geelong Facebook pages like the plague because they're full of idiots but those idiots weren't shy in throwing insults her way early in the year whenever stories about Tim possibly leaving flared up. I mean, you decide for yourself whether the word of someone who calls himself "bigfarter" on BigFooty is something you want to go on but I'm a Geelong supporter, I don't get my jollies potting my fellow supporters. Most of the year, however, I've seen a trend regarding this issue and some fans' treatment of Kelly's missus and it's a trend I've found quite disgusting.

That's due to both Caitlin's and her family's posts on the Geelong Facebook page. There were a few rants before they were deleted.

However, that doesn't condone a few supporters going the full kick either. Some abhorrent behaviour from a few that call themselves supporters.

I think there's two issues here. One where Caitlin and her playing partner aren't getting support. Secondly, is supporters whom are sick of giving up first round picks for players wanting to come home, but when it's on the other foot we are expected to let quality players go for peanuts.

Again, if we could meet somewhere in the middle that would be better for all.

Yeah for one second don't think I'm criticizing the club for not trading him.
I believe we're the fairest in the land.
That we can know for sure cause of results/outcomes.
The rest none of us know

They could be in perth right now if they didn’t rule out freo.

Zero sympathy for this entitlement.
Funnily enough they are in Perth right now. :D Before that they were in Fremantle surrounded by family. :D

Yeah he really should. The article is shallow but not shallow enough to give her s**t over it I guess.
Would be nice to know what was promised by the club compared to what was given, and how our club compares in these matters compared to others before coming to conclusions.
But it really doesn't matter, as I said before people who were bitching about her before the article were still going to bitch if it came out or not.

If that’s true then she hasn’t been given great advice by TK management, all the wives and parthners of any high profile person would not be making such public comments on social media accounts...let alone leaving her profiles open for strangers to make abusive comments or threats

Does that condone the idiots doing so..absolutly not they should be reported to the police and dealt with

But let’s not pretend that she has no blame in this, there are several ways she could had avoided this mess...the biggest one would be to take her complaints to the appropriate people in the club and deal with it internally

But it’s clear that she has an agenda for doing so and anyone with a brain can work out what that

Again she isn’t a victim

If Harry and Jnr are on 1.2 combined I'll eat my hat.
800 absolute max.

Harry signed last time for 650+ where at some time he was one of our highest paid.

The median average is 320 or thereabouts. If you think they only earn 80 more than that you're kidding yourself.

Do you like fries with your hat?

I guess that's the crux of it. Either there's real issues, both medically and psychologically; where choosing Freo is a logical choice.

Yet, that didn't happen.

I think that as supporters, we simply cannot add up the two. Is it our business? Hard to say, probably not. However, coming out in the media was not a good move. Again, it appears as though the people managing their affairs is rather inept in garnering the public sentiment.

Something personal through the player's voice may have driven change in that perception.

The Addy hasn't done them any favours.

Last edited:
Stop making s**t up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back