Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Levi Casboult to kick 7 straight today... #MFCSS
Think #MFCSS is in full effect today, know a number of people who have loaded up on Carlton on the punt

WRIGHT%20Matthew.png

Matthew Wright in case no one recognises him

Eh, he can find the goals. He's no Leigh Harding.

He was their top scorer last year, in the same way Dawes was for us in 2014.

Bit of a difference between a leaden-handed key forward who scratches away to barely reach 20 goals and a midfielder / forward flanker who does, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's worth noting ahead of this weeks clash that the last time we played the Cats at Etihad (wizards home loan cup semi final, 2004), Kent Kingsley himself kicked 4 goals.
I think they're unfurling some gigantic banners of him before the game aren't they? In the same way that Essendon rename one of the ends after Lloyd.

But this week they'll both be the Kingsley end.

It's worth noting ahead of this weeks clash that the last time we played the Cats at Etihad (wizards home loan cup semi final, 2004), Kent Kingsley himself kicked 4 goals.
I was at that game. I remember it was Brock McLean and Kane Tenaces first games. Some of you may remember we took McLean at 5 despite Tenace being the more popular pick throughout the year. Anyway McLean got about 1 or 2 possessions and Tenace absolutely blitzed it, leaving 'Toumpas v Wines: The Prequel' to begin among some distressed and over reactionary Melbourne fans.

Turns out they were both spuds.

I was at that game. I remember it was Brock McLean and Kane Tenaces first games. Some of you may remember we took McLean at 5 despite Tenace being the more popular pick throughout the year. Anyway McLean got about 1 or 2 possessions and Tenace absolutely blitzed it, leaving 'Toumpas v Wines: The Prequel' to begin among some distressed and over reactionary Melbourne fans.

Turns out they were both spuds.

****, though - how bullish were we about McLean? I legitimately thought he'd be in the top 2-3 players in the competition around the end of 2006.

****, though - how bullish were we about McLean? I legitimately thought he'd be in the top 2-3 players in the competition around the end of 2006.
Yeah but when you lose all your pace through injury you're gonna have a bad time

McLean was a damn good player pre-injury.

I remember him and Russian dominating clearances all day long.

Yeah McLean actually had an outrageous 2006 season, then got seriously injured Round 1 2007 (MFC style) and never returned the same player. Tenace never lived up to the hype.

Back on topic, Sam Menegola took us to the cleaners last time we met, somebody get his mugshot ready for later today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back