Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

tomahawk was always good for 5 goals against us, but as it turns out he is no longer a spud.​
Are we the only side to keep him to a goal this season (besides WCE)...?

Well he's not, he's a quality player who would easily get a gig for Melbourne every week. Let's keep it to actual spuds.

I thought it was pretty clear I was joking.

Ku9's is a soft target.

I thought it was pretty clear I was joking.

Ku9's is a soft target.

Oh its On!

130954-colin-sylvia.jpg

Big Col loves turning it on against the Tigs, well he used to anyway.

So do these gimps:

GCFC98.jpg

:oops:

#amidoinitrite?

Oh its On!

130954-colin-sylvia.jpg

Big Col loves turning it on against the Tigs, well he used to anyway.

#amidoinitrite?

Kind of, he's certainly better than Nahas.

Who's that no.9? I reckon he goes alright against the Dees - don't notice him much elsewhere though.

#amidoinitrite?

Haha... fairly played mate. Though we're hitting the extreme outer limits of this definition now.

As for Franchise One, my reaction to that result could be summarised thusly...

QJjcDC.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the opening round approaching, I was having some mental flashbacks to the Melbourne vs Port Adelaide game in Darwin last year.

Not only was it one of the worst quality games of AFL football I have ever seen, but I do remember a spud playing extremely well. Stewart.... Stewart... was it Paul Stewart? Was it Daniel Stewart? Who the * can tell the difference? But alas, Striker had already beaten me to the punch...

Paul Stewart owns this thread.

That's correct ladies and gentleman, Paul Stewart had 15 possessions, 5 marks and kicked 5 goals straight last year against us.

He kicked 20 for the season, playing 21 games.

Paul Stewart, welcome to the society. Something tells me you will have a similar performance this week.

stewart_daniel_o.png

Yes Port supporters I realise that is Daniel Stewart, and to quote McBain - "That's the joke"

How come we so rarely have spudlike players pull out great one off performances?

Hall of Fame entrants in that category include Brent Grgic vs Collingwood in 1998 and Luke Williams vs Carlton in 2001 (?)
Juice did it for a quarter, looked like Carey...

Would Jamar's 5 against Carlton count? Or was that the beginning of the end of Jamar's Spud status?

That was his escape from Planet Potato, he played seven games that year and all seven were better than any of the 66 which came before it.

I remember Darren Cuthbertson kicking a lazy seven against Collingwood at VFL Park many moons ago,does he qualify?

I remember Darren Cuthbertson kicking a lazy seven against Collingwood at VFL Park many moons ago,does he qualify?

He and Brent Heaver are alongside Grgic in the 90's wing of the Hall of Fame.

Not at all. He kicked a couple of more bags that year.

Robert Walters in 1979. The week after we got beaten by a then record margin against Fitzroy, Walters kicked 9 against Essendon including 6 in the 2nd quarter. Ended up at Collingwood and subsequently in jail for embezzlement at the bank he worked at.

Not at all. He kicked a couple of more bags that year.

Robert Walters in 1979. The week after we got beaten by a then record margin against Fitzroy, Walters kicked 9 against Essendon including 6 in the 2nd quarter. Ended up at Collingwood and subsequently in jail for embezzlement at the bank he worked at.
Yeah I kind of recall him having a hot streak over 3 or 4 games and then falling back into oblivion.Think he kicked about 20 odd in that period but remember that Collingwood game vividly as I was there to watch him jump over Mick Gayfer all afternoon.

We have our own version of this thread on the Port board. Thanks for delisting Bate and Petterd, both would be strong contenders for captaincy of our memorial 'spuds who play well against Port' all-time side.

Also, the reason Paul Stewart kicked so few goals last season is because he spent the first couple of months in defence. Just sayin'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back