Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Just checking Kent Kingsley's stats versus us out of boredom:

1999, Rd 12: 0.0 (only one disposal for the match!)
2001, Rd 18: 4.1 (equal highest return for the season)
2002, Rd 10: 6.4 (highest return for the season)
2003, Rd 4: 5.2 (equal highest return for the season)
2004, Rd 8: 4.5 (second highest return for the season)
2005, Rd 3: 3.5
2005, Rd 20: 4.2
2005, EF: 1.0
2006: Rd 6: 0.1 (6 disposals for the match)
2006: Rd 21: 0.0 (2 disposals for the match)

So at Geelong (his first game was for North) he averaged 3 goals a game against us versus a career average of 1.9, but those years between 2001 and 2005 he obviously had us by the jaffas. His Rd 21, 2006 match was his last ever for Geelong, and it looks like they brought him back after several weeks in the reserves specifically to play us and fortunately it didn't work. Incidentally, that match was a draw which - if I'm not mistaken - ended Geelong's season and gave rise to the post-season soul-searching that turned them into the unstoppable juggernaut of 2007. Good times.

And also a shout out to North Melbourne from the KK spud thread. In his first game of 2006 Kingsley kicked 8 goals against North, before only managing a further 2 goals for the rest of the season before being delisted. I think that's probably cause enough for North to name their spud thread after Kingsley as well.

Ben Brown with his ugly face always kicks a bag against us.
Not really Kent Kingsley worthy. He’s actually a good playet

There is a disparity between Brown's goal hauls against top and bottom ranked sides but then again that's probably the case for most forwards and also probably just says more about the competitiveness of the team than himself.

There is a disparity between Brown's goal hauls against top and bottom ranked sides but then again that's probably the case for most forwards and also probably just says more about the competitiveness of the team than himself.
They say the same about jk.
I doubt you’ll find too many key forwards who don’t kick more goals against s**t sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All those Geelong debutantes have been added to the Kingsley waiting list.
A cats supporter was on my left. He thought I was a weirdo when I would ask him who some random that I hadn’t seen before towelled us up in some manner or other - when he gave me a name I said “I would like to welcome him to the Kent Kingsley Society”.

Just checking Kent Kingsley's stats versus us out of boredom:

1999, Rd 12: 0.0 (only one disposal for the match!)
2001, Rd 18: 4.1 (equal highest return for the season)
2002, Rd 10: 6.4 (highest return for the season)
2003, Rd 4: 5.2 (equal highest return for the season)
2004, Rd 8: 4.5 (second highest return for the season)
2005, Rd 3: 3.5
2005, Rd 20: 4.2
2005, EF: 1.0
2006: Rd 6: 0.1 (6 disposals for the match)
2006: Rd 21: 0.0 (2 disposals for the match)

So at Geelong (his first game was for North) he averaged 3 goals a game against us versus a career average of 1.9, but those years between 2001 and 2005 he obviously had us by the jaffas. His Rd 21, 2006 match was his last ever for Geelong, and it looks like they brought him back after several weeks in the reserves specifically to play us and fortunately it didn't work. Incidentally, that match was a draw which - if I'm not mistaken - ended Geelong's season and gave rise to the post-season soul-searching that turned them into the unstoppable juggernaut of 2007. Good times.

And also a shout out to North Melbourne from the KK spud thread. In his first game of 2006 Kingsley kicked 8 goals against North, before only managing a further 2 goals for the rest of the season before being delisted. I think that's probably cause enough for North to name their spud thread after Kingsley as well.

Also did us over in a Wizard Cup semi final that we lost by a point. What a Kent.

Probably no nominations this week. I was going to offer up the name Cedric Cox, but he's only in his second year. We need to make a Billy Hartung society of young players who break out against Melbourne.

Probably no nominations this week. I was going to offer up the name Cedric Cox, but he's only in his second year. We need to make a Billy Hartung society of young players who break out against Melbourne.
Next week we have to deal with Hartung AND North. It's a vortex of utter bullshit all in one package

Remove this Banner Ad

Back