Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Right.

- Does Cunnington count?
- Aaron ******* Hall.
- Where the * did that Josh Walker game come from?
- Kayne Turner, who normally averages about three touches, nearly gets 30.

Ugh.

I searched back through this thread, and I am now pleased to confirm Aaron Hall and Kayne Turner as lifetime members of the KKMSoSWPWAM. Congratulations, lads.

Aaron Hall returned to the side after 2 weeks in the magoos to be close to BOG today. This is quite the feat in itself, but his life membership is secured by the fact that he did exactly the same thing in round 8, 2018 with Gold Coast. After 3 weeks in the magoos, he came back to be GCs best player in a 69 point loss to the Melbourne Football Club. Even more remarkably, he backed that up by playing just two further games for the club that season before being traded to North at the end of the year for peanuts. Stellar effort, son.

Kayne Turner earnt his nomination today by amassing a career-high 27 disposals, having only managed to reach a total of 20 possessions twice in his previous 85 games. While that is quite the achievement on its own, this comes on the back of a nomination way back in round 23, 2014, where he piled on 4 goals against the Dees in just his third game of AFL footy. I shouldn't need to tell you that he has never replicated that feat since, his three goals against Richmond in 2015 being the only other time in his career that he has managed to kick more than two. It is that kind of dedication to playing so far beyond his talents only in matches against the Melbourne Football Club that ensures he'll be spoken about in hallowed terms within the KKMSoSWPWAM for years after he's hung up the boots. Onya Kayne, keep reaching for those stars.

Right.

- Does Cunnington count?
- Aaron ******* Hall.
- Where the fu** did that Josh Walker game come from?
- Kayne Turner, who normally averages about three touches, nearly gets 30.

Ugh.
Cunnington definitely doesn't. He's a good, tough player even if not super flashy. Would be like other teams putting Jones in their equivalent threads.
Hall definitely deserves an induction to the society.

I searched back through this thread, and I am now pleased to confirm Aaron Hall and Kayne Turner as lifetime members of the KKMSoSWPWAM. Congratulations, lads.

Aaron Hall returned to the side after 2 weeks in the magoos to be close to BOG today. This is quite the feat in itself, but his life membership is secured by the fact that he did exactly the same thing in round 8, 2018 with Gold Coast. After 3 weeks in the magoos, he came back to be GCs best player in a 69 point loss to the Melbourne Football Club. Even more remarkably, he backed that up by playing just two further games for the club that season before being traded to North at the end of the year for peanuts. Stellar effort, son.

Kayne Turner earnt his nomination today by amassing a career-high 27 disposals, having only managed to reach a total of 20 possessions twice in his previous 85 games. While that is quite the achievement on its own, this comes on the back of a nomination way back in round 23, 2014, where he piled on 4 goals against the Dees in just his third game of AFL footy. I shouldn't need to tell you that he has never replicated that feat since, his three goals against Richmond in 2015 being the only other time in his career that he has managed to kick more than two. It is that kind of dedication to playing so far beyond his talents only in matches against the Melbourne Football Club that ensures he'll be spoken about in hallowed terms within the KKMSoSWPWAM for years after he's hung up the boots. Onya Kayne, keep reaching for those stars.
This post deserves an award. Plain and simple.

Cunnington definitely doesn't. He's a good, tough player even if not super flashy. Would be like other teams putting Jones in their equivalent threads.
Hall definitely deserves an induction to the society.
Don't we have a Drew Petrie or Boomer Harvey memorial thread for good players who play even better against us. That's the cunners one.

Don't we have a Drew Petrie or Boomer Harvey memorial thread for good players who play even better against us. That's the cunners one.
Boomer thread is for oldies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we need another thread for prime aged players who play well against Melbourne
The Nick Riewoldt memorial thread e
Sponsored by Bitto Storico - Aged to perfection.

Cunnington is a really decent player, but he's not getting 2 and 35 against anyone else.

Knew Aaron Hall would kill us though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back