Oppo Camp The Kent Kingsley Memorial Society of Spuds Who Play Well Against Melbourne

Tom Hickey goes nuts in the absence of Gawn and Preuss. 50 hos, 25 touches, 3 goals?
kind of remember Hickey already killing us a few years back

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He kicked 5 goals in his 5th game ... it's not him.
You saying he's not a spud?

He's Sam Blease 2.0 (who also kicked 5 in a game during his short career). Will have a couple of games where he does something wild, but largely goes missing and only gets a game because he's quick

I feel like some rate him but I'll bet he won't have a great career, but might get on the end of a few in a good WCE outfit when they put s**t teams to the sword but he's a Kingsley imo

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
You saying he's not a spud?

He's Sam Blease 2.0 (who also kicked 5 in a game during his short career). Will have a couple of games where he does something wild, but largely goes missing and only gets a game because he's quick

I feel like some rate him but I'll bet he won't have a great career, but might get on the end of a few in a good WCE outfit when they put s**t teams to the sword but he's a Kingsley imo
Yeah I don't think he is ... or at least, think he's shown plenty in his first 20 or so games for him not to be labelled one just yet.

Tho in any case, given he's already kicked 5 in a game before, I don't think him kicking 4 against us falls in the "only plays well against us" criteria.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Lewis Jetta may avoid body contact like the bubonic plague but he is far from a spud. Would be one of the best kicks out of the backline in the game

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Do WCE have any spuds? In fact, we play GWS Round 2, and they don't have any spuds on their list either. Hard to see anyone first 2 rounds joining this list. Going to be tough, but I reckon we cop these 2 sides at the best time of the season. First couple of rounds are always hard to predict and sides coming off finals, especially those that went deep tend to struggle playing their best footy. I still think we'll start underdogs, but it's a good time to get these two teams who I think will be thereabouts come end of season.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Do WCE have any spuds? In fact, we play GWS Round 2, and they don't have any spuds on their list either. Hard to see anyone first 2 rounds joining this list. Going to be tough, but I reckon we cop these 2 sides at the best time of the season. First couple of rounds are always hard to predict and sides coming off finals, especially those that went deep tend to struggle playing their best footy. I still think we'll start underdogs, but it's a good time to get these two teams who I think will be thereabouts come end of season.

Pretty much, you always want to play the top sides early if you've missed finals.

Sam Reid for GWS a potential nominee. Journeyman role player snagging a 20 & 3 would fit the bill.
Agree it's a better time to face them. GWS looked sharp v the Swans, but will be interesting to see if it translates to the real thing.

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Read a yarn on the Herald Sun about the 9 Richmond debutants in the year 2000, and possibly stumbled upon a pre-Kingsley Kingsley...

EZRA POYAS
Debuted Round 3 (9 games, 6 goals)

FOR all intents and purposes, Ezra Poyas should have been an AFL star.

Captain of Vic Metro in both the U16s and U18s – and selected in the All-Australian team – he came to Richmond with pick No.22 in the 1999 draft and was selected to debut against the then mono-named Kangaroos.

It was a slow start.

One touch in a loss to the Shinboners, then a second chance the week after against the Dockers, where he recorded the same stat line in another loss.

Dropped to the magoos for a couple of weeks, he returned in Round 8 in a win against Geelong with a then career-high five disposals, before recording donuts the week after against West Coast.

He put up another two quiet games in 2001 – while winning the league best and fairest in the VFL – before exploding out of the blocks in early 2002, with 16 touches and two goals against the Demons in Round 3!!!

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Read a yarn on the Herald Sun about the 9 Richmond debutants in the year 2000, and possibly stumbled upon a pre-Kingsley Kingsley...

EZRA POYAS

Captain of Vic Metro in both the U16s and U18s – and selected in the All-Australian team – he came to Richmond with pick No.22 in the 1999 draft and was selected to debut against the then mono-named Kangaroos.

It was a slow start.

One touch in a loss to the Shinboners, then a second chance the week after against the Dockers, where he recorded the same stat line in another loss.

Dropped to the magoos for a couple of weeks, he returned in Round 8 in a win against Geelong with a then career-high five disposals, before recording donuts the week after against West Coast.

He put up another two quiet games in 2001 – while winning the league best and fairest in the VFL – before exploding out of the blocks in early 2002, with 16 touches and two goals against the Demons in Round 3!!!
That game against us must have been the sole reason we picked him up in the 2002 rookie draft.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

EZRA POYAS

It was a slow start.

If I remember we drafted him just to be the captain of Sandy for a few years.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love watching Silvagni roam around as a Mid/Forward against us, racking up possessions at will and finding himself in space inside 50 whenever he likes

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oh god, there’s a group of under-performers at Carlton that will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing us, put Jack Silvagni down for 2-3 Brownlow votes.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Silvagni is perfect for this thread. A lot of players that get nominated are actually alright players but Silvagni isn’t one of them. Averages well under a goal a game for his career, but that hasn’t stopped him kicking 3 goals each time in the last two times he’s played us. Fighting with Tim O’Brien in the much coveted ‘best since Maister’ discussions.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Silvagni is perfect for this thread. A lot of players that get nominated are actually alright players but Silvagni isn’t one of them. Averages well under a goal a game for his career, but that hasn’t stopped him kicking 3 goals each time in the last two times he’s played us. Fighting with Tim O’Brien in the much coveted ‘best since Maister’ discussions.

beau f@8king maister ......was out of this world against us on a couple of occasions.

Back