Oppo Camp The Kerridge Award 2024 - back in action!

Remove this Banner Ad

This week I choose Connor Idun, because I've never heard of him, until a few minutes ago when I saw the team line ups. Wears the No 39 guernsey, named on the half back flank. We will certainly know of him this week when he makes the HBF his own, the Number 39 dashing down the field, picking up 35 posessions and sneaking in a goal or 2.
Yes this one for sure , definately haven't heard of him, well not until Sunday at our non traditional 3.20 start.

I've had some help from my friends at Google Maps for this week's nomination.

View attachment 1152631

The red line in the picture above starts at Bellerive Oval aka Blundstone Arena. It's pointing at a place on the other side of the Derwent, a place called Battery Point.

Fun fact: Battery Point was the birthplace of Tasmania's original favourite son, Errol Flynn.

Matt Flynn is not related to Errol Flynn, but expect Dwayne Russell to make the joke about a Flynn being in Tasmania on many, many occasions.

And yeah, I'll take Matt Flynn.
I was born in Battery Point.

Queen Alexandria Hospital by any chance?

Was turned into housing a couple of decades ago and I actually rented there for a while.
Yeah? Cool. Its a great part of the world down there along the river.

I haven't been to Hobart for nearly 30 years but I still remember how cool those southern western riverside suburbs felt. Really isolated but at the same time those docks connected the place to the world. Its a weird spot. To get to Hobart before planes were available you had to sail up a river that pointed at Antarctica across thousands of miles of cold, empty ocean. I miss it a bit actually but jeeze it was isolated. It would have been a great place to jump a boat and leave home to seek your fortune from, 100 years ago.

The hospital closed 40 years ago or more. It was shut when I last went to Battery Point when we still lived there (in about 1980.)

AFAIK Houses in battery point cost millions of dollars now too. *en crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah? Cool. Its a great part of the world down there along the river.

I haven't been to Hobart for nearly 30 years but I still remember how cool those southern western riverside suburbs felt. Really isolated but at the same time those docks connected the place to the world. Its a weird spot. To get to Hobart before planes were available you had to sail up a river that pointed at Antarctica across thousands of miles of cold, empty ocean. I miss it a bit actually but jeeze it was isolated. It would have been a great place to jump a boat and leave home to seek your fortune from, 100 years ago.

The hospital closed 40 years ago or more. It was shut when I last went to Battery Point when we still lived there (in about 1980.)

AFAIK Houses in battery point cost millions of dollars now too. fu**en crazy.
Yes, a very expensive area now. As the reaches of the city have grown and the suburbs densified, prices in a few select suburbs have gone upwards a few knots faster than other surrounding ones. Battery Point is just in a fantastic location, off the main roads yet a couple of minutes walk from Salamanca, with a few areas having astonishing views of the waterfront. The guy we were renting from apparently ran a bunch of rental properties in the suburb for a Trust or something, must have been raking in a small fortune over time.

Hobart is still one of the main gateways to Antarctica, with a fair few research operations run in the south of the state and ships semi-frequently travelling backwards and forth. I've known a few people who've got to have their adventures out of the docks down here.

Yes, a very expensive area now. As the reaches of the city have grown and the suburbs densified, prices in a few select suburbs have gone upwards a few knots faster than other surrounding ones. Battery Point is just in a fantastic location, off the main roads yet a couple of minutes walk from Salamanca, with a few areas having astonishing views of the waterfront. The guy we were renting from apparently ran a bunch of rental properties in the suburb for a Trust or something, must have been raking in a small fortune over time.

Hobart is still one of the main gateways to Antarctica, with a fair few research operations run in the south of the state and ships semi-frequently travelling backwards and forth. I've known a few people who've got to have their adventures out of the docks down here.

Got to stay in Cremorne recently in a million $ + joint. Had to drive along the beach on the lagoon side to access the house.

Bloody nice though.

Apparently when I was thinking of who to pick I looked at the Suns team list. I ca never tell the difference between the suns and the giants as I think they wear the same jumpers. Anyway, if Hindenburg is eligible I will pick him. I know there’s no point picking a back an like Buckley as they never win, even though this bloke has a heavy multiplier on his shoulders.
If Hindenburg is not going to be available for selection I have to pick Lloyd.

FWIW I rate Hindenburg... as a shitmen.

The dude that was ex Scumwood who got busted for drugs and banned now at GWS is he playing today.
Keeffe?
Could he be the match-winner for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back