Oppo Camp The Kerridge Award 2024 - back in action!

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My first thought was Jason Traianidis, but I can't find him in St Kilda's team sheet so maybe he isn't there any more. Then I had a "light bulb" moment - Zak Jones!!!

If he isn't playing it will be Mason Woods or the Billings method.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
I missed out on Bruce, there's no way I'm missing out on ol' Shauny Mac.

Fun fact: in Shaun McKernan's AFL debut, there were three Brownlow Medallists playing - Dangerfield, Cotchin and Ben Cousins.

In Cousins' debut, he played against Paul Couch.

On Couch's debut, he played against Keith Greig.

In Greig's second game - couldn't quite get it to work perfectly, forgive me - he played against Ross Smith.

In Smith's debut, he played with Neil Roberts.

In Roberts' debut, he played against Fred Goldsmith.

In Goldsmith's debut, he played against Bernie Smith.

In Smith's debut, he played against Allan Ruthven.

In Ruthven's debut, he played against Norm Ware.

And in Norm Ware's debut, he played against Allan Hopkins.

And Allan Hopkins' debut was the first Footscray game in 1925.

So there is a direct link going back almost a hundred years, using only Brownlow Medallists (and Shaun McKernan).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Fun fact: in Shaun McKernan's AFL debut, there were three Brownlow Medallists playing - Dangerfield, Cotchin and Ben Cousins.

In Greig's second game - couldn't quite get it to work perfectly, forgive me - he played against Ross Smith.

So there is a direct link going back almost a hundred years, using only Brownlow Medallists (and Shaun McKernan).

I'm impressed.

I actually met Allan "The Baron" Ruthven when I was a whippersnapper and I got his autograph.

My first thought was Jason Traianidis, but I can't find him in St Kilda's team sheet so maybe he isn't there any more. Then I had a "light bulb" moment - Zak Jones!!!

If he isn't playing it will be Mason Woods or the Billings method.

Jones is injured i think.

zoomba23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don’t think Hill qualifies cos even tho he vanishes off the face of the planet for entire games his kicking is elite. Gonna have to go with Hack Lonie I reckon. Perfect game for him to kick 5

Bruce of course, this is where it all began , but because he isn't there I would say our old mucker Mason , that is in fact if he is in. Otherwise I will need some advice from fellow supporters on this weeks candidate. Just noticed Shaun McKernan playing for them , he will be the ONE this week , but I would like to acknowledge that I will want Mason if he is in the team.

Six degrees of Shaun McKernan?

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What happened to the title?

Maybe the Kerridge is the big prize at the end of the season and the Weekly winner is the Bruce? Maybe Nate7 lost respect for ol' mate Bruce all together (has to be that catapillar he's got stuck under his nose).

Last edited:
Maybe the Kerridge is the big prize at the end of the season and the Weekly winner is the Bruce? Maybe Nate7 lost respect for ol' mate Bruce all together (has to be that catapillar he's got stuck under his nose).
A number of people, publicly and privately wanted it changed.

I think the fact Bruce has been performing most weeks this year rules him ineligible for naming rights, think of the spirit of the award.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep wood with 5 joe the gooses

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wood to morph into Carey for 1 game only.

3x multiplier. 1 for letting north down. 1 for letting joyce down. 1 for ignoring me at footlocker when i was walking past him and he was trying on the same new balance shoes as i was wearing. I said "good choice mase" and he just looked out me like i was a dumb campaigner. Worst part is he purchased them too. Selfish bloke.

Back