Oppo Camp The Kerridge Award 2024 - back in action!

Remove this Banner Ad

Brent Daniels to tear our backline a new a-hole with his pace.

Daniels isn’t playing shitlips. Our chairman’s son Jack Buckley is my revised selection. He’ll blanket his opponent and launch attack after attack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week I choose Connor Idun, because I've never heard of him, until a few minutes ago when I saw the team line ups. Wears the No 39 guernsey, named on the half back flank. We will certainly know of him this week when he makes the HBF his own, the Number 39 dashing down the field, picking up 35 posessions and sneaking in a goal or 2.

Point of order - don't think Ash is a proper first name (Ashley would be) or Lachie a last name.
Matt Flynn on the other hand definitely qualifies. Never hear of him so put me down for Erroll's great^4 grandson.

You clearly don't play Supercoach, because everyone who does knows Matt Flynn.

You clearly don't play Supercoach, because everyone who does knows Matt Flynn.
Ha no I don't! I've always taken Tef's warnings seriously and was concerned it might reduce my ability to judge football adequately. Does that mean he's a stat padding crab? And does that make him ineligible?

Ha no I don't! I've always taken Tef's warnings seriously and was concerned it might reduce my ability to judge football adequately. Does that mean he's a stat padding crab? And does that make him ineligible?

Haha, yes there is a one man war against Supercoach here, waged by the one man who use CD stats when it suits his argument.

Flynn has performed quite well for a rookie ruckman, but his main role is to play games when they want to rest Mumford (which is often). It would be Kerridge-worthy if he towelled up Goldy, though.

Point of order - don't think Ash is a proper first name (Ashley would be) or Lachie a last name.
Matt Flynn on the other hand definitely qualifies. Never hear of him so put me down for Erroll's great^4 grandson.
I reject that and here's why...

As an example the name, "Roarke" is both a first and last name. A name no doubt most aren't aware of.

Bailey (multiple spellings) is also another example of being both a first and last name.

Both Ash and Ashley are legitimate first and last names.

However names with bullshit new-age spellings are just s**t. Example, the 9 different spellings of Michaela!

I've had some help from my friends at Google Maps for this week's nomination.

flynn2.JPG

The red line in the picture above starts at Bellerive Oval aka Blundstone Arena. It's pointing at a place on the other side of the Derwent, a place called Battery Point.

Fun fact: Battery Point was the birthplace of Tasmania's original favourite son, Errol Flynn.

Matt Flynn is not related to Errol Flynn, but expect Dwayne Russell to make the joke about a Flynn being in Tasmania on many, many occasions.

And yeah, I'll take Matt Flynn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back