Preview 'The Kersten Cup' Round 14 Fremantle v Geelong @ Simonds Stadium

Can Freo thrash the pussies?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haggers on Radio saying Sandi and Griffin both injured - won't play. Freo reluctant to play Darcy - may go with Taberner.
Crumpet face nails it again :drunk:

I'm a play the yoof advocate.

Not bothered about Ballas getting a game. Think our forward line probably needs a veteran in there at the moment. Hoping Deluca comes in aswell.

Walters - Kersten - Crozier
Ballas - McCarthy - Deluca

No excuse to not have excellent forward pressure tomorrow. If it's raining we should have an advantage.

Still going to be playing around 11-13 players who have played less than 50 games. That's half the squad under 50 games.

Can't wait to see Darcy. He's going to be going against a team who rotate 3 players through the ruck.

Darcy is going to get the shock of his life I reckon. All rookies feel the pinch, but pushing that 115 odd Ks and hard running opponents that he'll be matched up against ... he's going to sleep well Sunday night that's for sure.

Certainly understand the club's reluctance to throw him to the Cats.

The interesting thing will be who backs him up? MJ is the most obvious as he has been used a bit, which might keep Collins in the team. I for one don't like that idea, reckon we're better with a small in his place, but then who else?

I ain't complaining even Ross choose Suban .

So Dangerfield in some doubt...

if only Selwood, Duncan, Motlop, Hawkins et al were too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy is going to get the shock of his life I reckon. All rookies feel the pinch, but pushing that 115 odd Ks and hard running opponents that he'll be matched up against ... he's going to sleep well Sunday night that's for sure.
Griff isn't exactly the most mobile ruck either

No Fyfe is a killer, we've gone from 5% chance to 1%

Fyfe out doesn't really affect our chances, it just saves him the embarrassment if goes up against Danger

Fyfe out doesn't really affect our chances, it just saves him the embarrassment if goes up against Danger

Fyfe doesn't really embarrass himself when playing against Dangerfield.

Look at the stat lines in round 1 after Fyfe had been out of footy for nearly a year:
Meah.png
Fyfe.png
Danger.png

Granted stats aren't always an accurate measure of impact. But even so, it's far from an embarrassment.

Fyfe has definitely been underrated this year.

Wouldn't be surprised if his 'out' was a strategic choice as millions are at stake. He did cop a hammering in recent weeks about his form.

With Hawks winning, we're only one game off pick #3. Should be able to pick a decent Key Forward there. Sandi, Griffin and Fyfe with mysterious injuries and we play suban and 11 players with 50 games or less. The beautiful way to tank. In Ross we trust.

Note: clearly we don't need to tank for this game, but losing even more % will fend the Hawks (saints) away from our pick. The proper way to rebuild. Play the kids, short term pain, long term gain. Hopefully get Bennell and A.Pearce back for last few games to build form/belief leading into preseason.

Fyfe doesn't really embarrass himself when playing against Dangerfield.

Look at the stat lines in round 1 after Fyfe had been out of footy for nearly a year:
View attachment 384818
View attachment 384816
View attachment 384817

Granted stats aren't always an accurate measure of impact. But even so, it's far from an embarrassment.

Fyfe has definitely been underrated this year.
Agree, but he's defintely playing worst than he did at the start of the year, stats or otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back