The Kevin McHale Cup 16-17

Remove this Banner Ad

What is this maximum game thing at the bottom of the page? Never seen it before.

There's nothing on the front page of rules mentioning it?
It's your downfall...you have 82 games per position in roto after that any playere you play in those positions stats won't be accumulated. It got me 1st yr i ever played roto too don't worry.

Don't worry? I'm leading the league and all of a sudden some rule that's never mentioned or explained comes into play?

I've played a roto league once before and this wasn't part of the game.

Don't worry? I'm leading the league and all of a sudden some rule that's never mentioned or explained comes into play?

I've played a roto league once before and this wasn't part of the game.
As far as i know it's a standard rule in all roto leagues which is why it's not mentioned. I've never been in one that doesn't have it. Otherwise why would we all not be playing all of our players? Why wouldn't i have used my 20 changes more tactfully? It's roto 101 I'm afraid. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, don't shoot the messenger!

As far as i know it's a standard rule in all roto leagues which is why it's not mentioned. I've never been in one that doesn't have it. Otherwise why would we all not be playing all of our players? Why wouldn't i have used my 20 changes more tactfully? It's roto 101 I'm afraid. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, don't shoot the messenger!

It's not simply roto, looks like it's only an option.

I don't look at other teams to see who they are playing. Why would I?

This will be my last season in this league i'll put it out there now so plenty of time to find another manager.

I like watching all my players play every day. Can't be bothered with having to pick and choose every day.

It's not simply roto, looks like it's only an option.

I don't look at other teams to see who they are playing. Why would I?

This will be my last season in this league i'll put it out there now so plenty of time to find another manager.

I like watching all my players play every day. Can't be bothered with having to pick and choose every day.
Sorry to hear that mate, I'm pretty sure its not just an option but a mandatory feature of roto leagues, though i might be wrong, I'll let Bugsy take it from here since he set it up. Having to pick who to play and managing your positions and games played is the whole game in roto...

Sorry to hear that mate, I'm pretty sure its not just an option but a mandatory feature of roto leagues, though i might be wrong, I'll let Bugsy take it from here since he set it up. Having to pick who to play and managing your positions and games played is the whole game in roto...

Just looked it up, definitely an option.

Change your league's Maximum Games per position
A Commissioner of a Private league can edit the default number of 82 games per position, or select none to disable the feature.

Might pay to put that in the front page of the league so new managers are aware of it.

Sorry Bostonian, it is a standard rule and has been the case since we started this league.
One of the important elements of roto managment is who you play and max games per position.
Getting maximum return for the 82 games played is one of the most important things.

Honestly, I prefer H2H as a format and this is one of the reasons, but it's a key feature and I don't believe should be altered. Doesn't help you but I'll specify in the rules.

Sorry to hear you want to leave.

Boston-Maybe before you played in a weekly roto league where it's not an issue, like me? This league was my first exposure to it too, but it only makes sense. I'll be sorry if you leave. Nurkic for Clarkson before you go?

Boston-Maybe before you played in a weekly roto league where it's not an issue, like me? This league was my first exposure to it too, but it only makes sense. I'll be sorry if you leave. Nurkic for Clarkson before you go?
Haha that's a sure fire veto trade...I'm with you Ramp, this was my first exposure to the 82 game roto rules and while it screwed me up my first season i won a title in my 2nd or 3rd, it's a good rule once you get your head around it and makes roto a lot more strategic than H2H. Hopefully once Bostonian has some time to calm his rage (which i totally get) he'll come round to the format and throw his hat in the ring next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see how any team but Fubar wins it from here, unless the whole team gets shut down...
Does look that way. I mean it isn't that surprising. First, i gifted him Marc Gasol as a sleeper last season because i stupidly decided to put a $10 mil contract on his head the season before, then he stole Lebron at auction which in hindsight maybe doesn't happen if Bostonian understood the intricacies of roto. Add those 2 to his core and it's a scary team. Funnily you just gifted him Lowry like I did with M Gasol the year before, so Fubar aren't going anywhere, i just hope i can steal the title in Gloria James off him. In another quirk of fate, it looks like DJ takes his 2nd title in 3 years in this league as he won me the title 2 years ago. So the myth that you can't win a title with shocking FT% has been properly broken.

In hindsight dropping Lowry when I did was unwise but to be fair, I didn't gift him to Fubar, he was available on the waiver wire. Tony just jumped first... well done. If I pulled off the mid-season trade I wanted to, I could have shored up my weaker stats but that's how it goes... it's been nice and competitive, and should be next season too. Fubar will age... ;)

In hindsight dropping Lowry when I did was unwise but to be fair, I didn't gift him to Fubar, he was available on the waiver wire. Tony just jumped first... well done. If I pulled off the mid-season trade I wanted to, I could have shored up my weaker stats but that's how it goes... it's been nice and competitive, and should be next season too. Fubar will age... ;)
I was so annoyed I'd used all my moves when you dropped Lowry though i think Tony had priority. If anything you not winning the title this year just proves how hard it is to win back to back championships in fantasy.

Gentlemen, hold your horses please! While I am flattered at some of your kind words, Bugsy's boys are still a MASSIVE show to win this thing!!!

With games in hand, yeah I'm well placed to pinch at least a couple more points but I also could drop the same amount of points, if not more in the turnover cat! I hope to prove the punt ft% theory wrong with DJ, but if I do go down to Bugsy by a point or two, then it probably will be the ft% cat that ultimately kills me.

Think you've got us all well & truly covered in the Gloria James too Deeman - bloody awesome team!! Just glad I won it last year cos you're gonna be hard to beat for the next few years I reckon!

Anyway boys, good luck for the rest of the season in all leagues - love this league and this season has been a rippa - never seen it this tight at the top between so many teams and for so long into the season!! Credit to you Bugs for running such a fun league!

Gentlemen, hold your horses please! While I am flattered at some of your kind words, Bugsy's boys are still a MASSIVE show to win this thing!!!

With games in hand, yeah I'm well placed to pinch at least a couple more points but I also could drop the same amount of points, if not more in the turnover cat! I hope to prove the punt ft% theory wrong with DJ, but if I do go down to Bugsy by a point or two, then it probably will be the ft% cat that ultimately kills me.

Think you've got us all well & truly covered in the Gloria James too Deeman - bloody awesome team!! Just glad I won it last year cos you're gonna be hard to beat for the next few years I reckon!

Anyway boys, good luck for the rest of the season in all leagues - love this league and this season has been a rippa - never seen it this tight at the top between so many teams and for so long into the season!! Credit to you Bugs for running such a fun league!
Punting ft% has been done i did it 3 seasons ago in what was a ridiculous season where I think 4 of us were on 76 points heading into the 2nd last week of the season, that was a crazy finish! But yeah DJ was bricking up 30-40% and i somehow managed the W. Will be watching you and Bugsy tussle it out closely.

Yeah I'll be disappointed if i don't win the title in Gloria James, it's title or bust every year for the foresseable future really haha, that team is just absurd and still so young with only Lebron over 30. Gonna be hardwork beaten me but all it takes is an injury or two in the last few weeks to derail a team. You take Towns and Westbrook out of my team for 3 or 4 games and my team is beatable.

Haha. I just noticed that Bugsy is going to lose a point in turnovers to Bostonian, an indomitable competitor who continues to do battle even though by rule currently able to field only a single active player.

Sorry, this was not intended in a nasty manner at all. I just thought the situation was hilarious.

Last edited:
We're Aussies mate, we don't take offense ;)
Not true. How dare Ramp laugh at the misfortunes of a fantasy basketball team, this is life and death stuff! I think as punishment Ramp should be stripped of GiAnt who will then be randomly allocated to my team... no good? *shrugs

Actually, Bostonian just cost me a point in Ft's (or tied me?). Now that's being a little too indomitable. That's the trouble with these indomitable types. They lack subtlety and fine discrimination. Anyone should realize that it's appropriate to cost Bugsy's team a point, but inappropriate to cost my team one.

The difference in games remaining for the different teams makes for an interesting finish. Unpredictable too, at least for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back