The Kevin McHale Cup 16-17

Remove this Banner Ad

Moo (Moo) - Scooby Moos

Bugs if I have ***** anything up - let me know I'll be logging on daily from now.

Thanks Moo

You need to include Schroders Team Contract also, but trust me, that will be gold this year.

And yes, you dropped Meyers Leonard and then reaquired him. No longer holds the development contract but is eligible for sleeper contract if you want to alter.

Trades don't need to salary match but if you trade for a team or dev contract you keep it.

I'm guessing that's all u can trade right now before the auction?

Yep, thats all spot on. See? not stupid...
In effect, any players not now listed on the first post are free agents and will be available to draft.

Just be aware that trades during or before the Auction will obviously effect your budget as you take on the value of the contract or $ paid.

Guys, I need a little time to set the draft board etc, but will look to kick off the QO round over this coming weekend. As we are a bit short of time to complete before the season starts, I propose the following small changes to speed up the process;

Make each Auction group 7 players not 6 as we have done previously.

Not apply the 'sit out a round if you win a player in 2 previous rounds' rule.

Please let me know if there are any concerns with these changes, or alternatives you might suggest.

Cheers guys, looking forward to it!

Last edited:

We started the Auction on 16 Sept last year and completed with a day to spare, so with just omitting the sit out rule we should be ok. I'll let others comment if wanted but we can probably stick to 6-player groups.
We could always speed up towards the end when it gets to roster stink time.

Agree with Hammy - we could just run 2 in a day auctions for the later rounds.

Stick with the 6 & sit out a round if possible but Comm anything you want is fine by me
Yeah i feel we should catch up time towards the end of the draft. From memory there's generally only a few teams left the last week or two so we could just speed that part up? But not overly fussed so whatever you choose Bugs.

Ok guys, we are set. Thanks for your posts.
As usual, I will be asking my pseudonym, Bill Duffy, to run the Auction. For the new guys, this is so I can submit bids to a third party without bias (plus it's a bit of fun).

Bill is aiming to post the first, Qualifying Offer Auction group tonight (Aus time). Once this group is finalised & OQs matched or not, I'll set the draft board and give you access to the proceeding groups of 6.

Just as a reminder, following the Auction the following teams will be able to allocate 3 Team Contracts (because they finished in the bottom 6);

The Kidds Crew
Fubar Inc
Kramerica
SethCurry4MVP
Easy Breezy (now Big Kitty's team)
Uncle drew (now Stewie Griffen's team)

All other teams will have 2

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All, and welcome once again to the KMC Auction Draft for the 2016-17 Season.

I'll kick off the first round tonight with the Qualifying Offer Round. I'll give you a couple of days to submit your bids. After that is concluded, all rounds will be strictly on a 24hr cycle.

If you are interested I have compiled all teams' current spending and rosters in this document;
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Qz5HAhFbIhdHB3c1g2WWtUeFU/view?usp=sharing

If you see any omissions or mistakes please let me or Bugsy know and we'll sort it out before we begin.

The full draft board will be available to view once QO claims have been matched etc, as unclaimed players will fall to the first free agent round.

Welcome to Round 1 of the Kevin McHale Cup 16-17 Auction Draft.

This is the first and only Qualifying Offer Auction of all 11 QO nominated players, listed below in ranked order.

Please private message me to submit your bids. Use the following list in order, just place a $ value next to each player (except your own)

Deadline is 10pm (UTC+10:00) Monday 19 September.

Group 1
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Chris Paul
DeMarcus Cousins
Hassan Whiteside
Kyrie Irving
Al Horford
Damian Lillard
Carmelo Anthony
Nicolas Batum

The minimum bid allowed for any player is half a million.

Remember: For this round;
  • don't bid on your player;
  • If a player is not matched by the current owner, you will win that player if you have the highest bid;
  • It is possible that you win 2 players (Your QO and highest bidder) so if you win a player you bid on you may not be able keep your QO!;
  • Do vary your bids to reflect the players true value;
  • Don't go over the top. This will effect the rest of your Auction!
Each team will be required to draft 15 players. So ensure that you monitor your budget as your maximum bid will be in line with your remaining budget and players to be drafted. Any over-bid will be deemed to be invalid.

Thankyou gentlemen and good luck :)

Hey Bugsy,

Quick question. If you managed to be highest bidder on 2 players in this round and neither of them get matched, do you get to pick which one you want to keep, or is it automatically based on who you bid the most $ for?

Hey Bugsy,

Quick question. If you managed to be highest bidder on 2 players in this round and neither of them get matched, do you get to pick which one you want to keep, or is it automatically based on who you bid the most $ for?

You don't get to pick, you win the one you bid the most for. In effect you are choosing which you prefer by the value of the bids you make.

You don't get to pick, you win the one you bid the most for. In effect you are choosing which you prefer by the value of the bids you make.
Are the values made public after the bidding process is complete?

I'm just trying to get a handle on what to bid and was wondering if last years prices were available anywhere as a guide

Are the values made public after the bidding process is complete?

I'm just trying to get a handle on what to bid and was wondering if last years prices were available anywhere as a guide
Yeah it's all there in last season's thread. Probably handy for first round values but things vary a fair bit after that particularly given some teams have a fair bit of money already committed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back