The Kevin McHale Cup 18-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Round 24 of the Kevin McHale Cup 18-19 Auction Draft.
This is the first and hopefully last nomination round. 6 Players nominated between 4 Managers, so a little overlap.

Group 24
Kevin Knox
Malik Monk
Michael Porter Jr
Bobby Portis
Mikal Bridges
Shai Gilgeaous-Alexander

Please PM to submit your bids to me.

Deadline for submission of bids for Round 24 is 9pm (UTC+10:00), Tuesday 9 Oct.

The minimum bid allowed for any player is half a million.

Each team will be required to draft 15 players. So ensure that you monitor your budget as your maximum bid will be in line with your remaining budget and players to be drafted. Any over-bid will be deemed to be invalid.

Thank you gentlemen and good luck :)

These are the results of Nomination Round 24 of the Kevin McHale Cup 18-19 Auction Draft.
We are done!

Group 24
Kevin Knox $685,000 Drafted by Porley
Malik Monk $529,000 Drafted by Rampant
Michael Porter Jr $503,868 Drafted by Deeman
Bobby Portis Undrafted
Mikal Bridges Undrafted
Shai Gilgeaous-Alexander $534,000 Drafted by Tony

My work here is done. See y'all next season.

Well done everyone. The last week was a grind but we finished with good time left.

Those Managers that haven't posted contracts please do so. Hopefully Tony can log on from OS and confirm his.

4th on this list is pretty good. p.s. Deeman, did you bid for Sabonis? The results weren't posted.
I dont think I did bid for Sabonis i probably should've since I have Thad Young. Wouldn't have made a difference if i did since i only had $503k so I couldn't match the massive dollars you threw at him ;)

Contracts coming 'shortly' Bugsy :p

These are the results of Nomination Round 24 of the Kevin McHale Cup 18-19 Auction Draft.
We are done!

Group 24
Kevin Knox $685,000 Drafted by Porley
Malik Monk $529,000 Drafted by Rampant
Michael Porter Jr $503,868 Drafted by Deeman
Bobby Portis Undrafted
Mikal Bridges Undrafted
Shai Gilgeaous-Alexander $534,000 Drafted by Tony

My work here is done. See y'all next season.

Looks like next season I’m saving some cash and waiting for the nomination rounds. Knox and Gilgeous-Alexander for peanuts!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FUBAR INC.

Team Contracts
Deandre Jordan
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

Development Contracts
Kristaps Porzingis
Andre Drummond
Kyle Lowry
Marc Gasol

Looks like next season I’m saving some cash and waiting for the nomination rounds. Knox and Gilgeous-Alexander for peanuts!!
Honestly I think it's time to review the auction process for next season...
Less set groups? More nomination rounds or all nominations? Top 18 rookies grouped within the top 8 groups? We have the season to comsider but yeah... some bargains late. There have always been thise tbh.

Something of a re-build year for me, like Dame & Teague a year ago, Klay has become too expensive to keep now. Contracts are as follows. Hoping MPJ's back comes good.

Dante's Devils

Team contracts

Hassan Whiteside $3,643,103
Josh Hart $515,998

Development Contract

Rudy Gobert $1,445,312
Brandon Ingram $1,600,000
CJ McCollum $3,135,000
Michael Porter Jnr $503,868

Honestly I think it's time to review the auction process for next season...
Less set groups? More nomination rounds or all nominations? Top 18 rookies grouped within the top 8 groups? We have the season to comsider but yeah... some bargains late. There have always been thise tbh.
I think there's always going to be bargains and that's part of the fun really. For every Gobert who turns out to be a top 20 asset for a 1 million price tag, there's going to be a half dozen guys who flop and get discarded back to NBA fantasy limbo. Like MPJ might turn out to be the next KD and i might have a generational scorer on a nothing price tag, but more likely he turns into Greg Oden and I'm back trying again for a bargain star next year. That being said if the league wants to revamp/improve certain aspects of the auction i'm all for it. We scrapped the whole if you win 2 players in a row you sit out a round rule which was a big avenue where people were able to get super cheap keepers. We also added in the can't cut list which was another avenue. I like rookie bargains personally, there's always going to be a few who fly under the radar and turn into stars, it's just up to the managers to identify the right ones :)

12 Hour Delay's team: Team Contracts-Bamba and Monk
Development Contracts-Embid, Giannis, Simmons and Mitchell

I dont think I did bid for Sabonis i probably should've since I have Thad Young. Wouldn't have made a difference if i did since i only had $503k so I couldn't match the massive dollars you threw at him ;)

Contracts coming 'shortly' Bugsy :p
After all that whining last year you didn't even bid for him? "I've just made the worst waiver in fantasy basketball history", making me feel guilty that I'd even picked him up, and you didn't even bid for him? SIR, YOU ARE UNCONSTANT IN YOUR AFFECTIONS. YOU LEAVE ME NO CHOICE BUT TO CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL. MEET ME AT THE BASE OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY AT 6 AM ON OCTOBER 11, 2018 WITH YOUR SECONDS, AND LET'S SETTLE THIS LIKE IDIOTS!

After all that whining last year you didn't even bid for him? "I've just made the worst waiver in fantasy basketball history", making me feel guilty that I'd even picked him up, and you didn't even bid for him? SIR, YOU ARE UNCONSTANT IN YOUR AFFECTIONS. YOU LEAVE ME NO CHOICE BUT TO CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL. MEET ME AT THE BASE OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY AT 6 AM ON OCTOBER 11, 2018 WITH YOUR SECONDS, AND LET'S SETTLE THIS LIKE IDIOTS!
Lol. I accept your duel. You meet me at the statue I'll be there. Alternatively to save you going to NY and waiting for someone to show up from another country who's never going to show up let's duel in fantasy bball lol. You should win this year...I actually quite like him tbh and if I had extra roster spots and money I'd have bid for him. My last spot was always pencilled in as a gamble on MPJ if I wasnt successfully grabbing one of the higher ranked rooks. Wanted a couple of high upside kids to develop, Sabonis would've been good but Hart works too.

Lol. I accept your duel. You meet me at the statue I'll be there. Alternatively to save you going to NY and waiting for someone to show up from another country who's never going to show up let's duel in fantasy bball lol. You should win this year...I actually quite like him tbh and if I had extra roster spots and money I'd have bid for him. My last spot was always pencilled in as a gamble on MPJ if I wasnt successfully grabbing one of the higher ranked rooks. Wanted a couple of high upside kids to develop, Sabonis would've been good but Hart works too.
Yeah, it wasn't quite as egregious a sin with the final bids coming up, since it's legit to target a faller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back