The Kevin McHale Cup 18-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Hadn't thought of this consequence. Interesting situation. I would favor whatever makes it easier for the new guys, which I think is allowing them to draft from the two teams, and then fill up the rest from their auction draft. They shouldn't be forced to take any of the two teams' bad contracts. Doing it this way would allow them a slight advantage in the draft ( more cap space) which is appropriate, since they're not going to have as many keepers as some of the rest of us.

Thanks for the input guys, we will run a mini draft for the 4 new Managers as set out in the following post...

The new guys can start drafting as soon as you can. flaps is up first... feel free to ask any questions.

KMC redistribution Mini draft 18-19
Incoming new managers will participate in this mini draft prior to the full league Auction Draft.
Players and contracts are from the 2 disbanded teams.
Draft order will be a snake draft with 1st picks in order of joining the league.
4 rounds of picks, with selections from either group as follows...

All Managers must pick one, but only one, player to award a Qualifying Offer from this list:
Blake Griffin
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Markieff Morris
Jordan Clarkson
Enes Kanter
JJ Redick
Thaddeus Young
Kemba Walker
Jae Crowder
Dante Exum
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Harrison Barnes
Jabari Parker
Marcus Smart
JaMychal Green

Managers may select up to 3 players from the following list of contracted players
Damian Lillard - $11,000,010
Bradley Beal - $3,875,000
Paul Milsap - $3,500,000
Norman Powell $2,600,000
DeJounte Murray $1,323,750
Bogdan Bogdanovic $1,059,000
Carmelo Anthony - $827,240
LaMarcus Aldridge $750,000

Round 1
Flaps James Harden - $4,768,371
Smokies Kyrie Irving
BGT Karl Towns $8,750,000
Cameron Clint Capela $2,625,000
Round 2
Cameron Jayson Tatum $3,600,000
BGT Jrue Holiday
Smokies Aaron Gordon $3,281,250
Flaps
Round 3
Flaps
Smokies
BGT
Cameron
Round 4
Cameron
BGT
Smokies
Flaps

Last edited:

Can we send a PM to flaps so he knows this mini draft is on. Has been a week since he last logged in.

I’ve sent him a pm

Thanks guys, for some reason i'm not getting notifications from this thread (I've changed the settings to watch/receive emails several times). Feel free to tag me as much as you need in here though :)

If i'm doing this right (sorry, first go at this), I'll nominate:
Qualifying offer: Kyrie Irving

Contracted players offers:
Karl Towns $8,750,000
James Harden - $4,768,371
Aaron Gordon $3,281,250

If i'm not mistaken i think you should only have picked one player from either of the lists. In round 2 you pick another and so on

If i'm not mistaken i think you should only have picked one player from either of the lists. In round 2 you pick another and so on

Thanks Deeman for your reply, great advice.

Yeah, flaps just one pick at a time as per the draft order. You can pick from either list and the only requirement is that you end up with one player from the Qualifying Offer group at the conclusion of the 4 rounds. There is no requirement to select any of the contracted players and you have the option to start your team completely fresh.

Was going to say, if he got the best 4 players he is GWS and I honestly am Freo when it comes to start up draft concessions.

Thanks Deeman for your reply, great advice.

Yeah, flaps just one pick at a time as per the draft order. You can pick from either list and the only requirement is that you end up with one player from the Qualifying Offer group at the conclusion of the 4 rounds. There is no requirement to select any of the contracted players and you have the option to start your team completely fresh.
Haha which I deleted because I thought it was kinda gibberish and you clarified the rules with a lot less words :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I was going mad!
Mate, repost the advice on the value of players, ie $ value vs production. that was gold for the new guys.
Haha. Sure sure i'll see if i can re-ramble. What i said was something along the lines of... newbies at the end of the mini auction you should all i have 4 players, 3 who you can contract 1 who you will put a qualifying offer on. The Qualifying offer players we will all bid on in the first round and you will either choose to match the highest bid or let the player walk to the highest bidder. Just remember when choosing your players, we all have a 50 mil cap, in this format it's not necessarily the absolute best players who come with a high price tag, most teams have a gun player who they put a qualifying offer on and pay a lot to keep. This player isn't the player that wins you the title, the really good players with a low contract who allow you to get more good players are the more important players. If you get a player on a low contract, you essentially hold them for life or the better part of their career and they just get 25% more expensive which isn't much if their starting contract is low, so just remember when going to auction it isn't always the best player who's important but the price that you put on their head. Something like that anyways :think::moustache:

Can you please send a link to the league so that we can get an idea of player scoring. Not used to ROTO, usually play head to head. Are player rankings basically the same between the 2 concepts ?

I hear guys like Kemba Walker are not rated as high in ROTO because of his poor field goal %.

In that case, I'll readjust my post to this:
Qualifying offer: Kyrie Irving
Contracted players offers:
James Harden - $4,768,371
Just one of those guys you can pick

sorry im late, so did flaps get kyrie or harden as his name says in the draft list...

If flaps got Kyrie ill take harden, if harden isnt in this draft ill take kemba?

Last edited:
sorry im late, so did flaps get kyrie or harden as his name says in the draft list...

If flaps got Kyrie ill take kemba other wise id like kyrie.
Flaps took Harden. Just remember that you don't need to take a Qualifying Offer player with your first pick, just with one of the 4 picks. There are some great contracts there too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back