The Kevin McHale Cup 18-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy s**t, i legit thought i might get someone with my bids. You guys really forked out the big bucks! Guess i have some cash to play with for the auction after all.
5m short on those first 4 mate, not even same ballpark.

I have a feeling that 5m for Hayward will work out well for K10...

I'm beginning to think that the new teams are at a huge disadvantage with being able to fill a roster of 15 players with most of them going to be fringe players at the best.

Most of us still have over 10 players to get and even this round 3 upcoming there is a huge drop off in talent. The prices paid seem so out of whack between the auction and those teams able to offer contracts to guys before the auction.

I thought paying over $8m for KAT was expensive when you look at values for the likes of some of the guys on original team rosters (Giannis 3.9m, Embiid 4.3m, Curry 5.7m, Gasol 2.5m) but i'm not so sure now.

Perhaps we should have had access to a few more of the guys before the auction started to even it up a bit.

League is going to be very uneven the next few seasons at least.

I'm beginning to think that the new teams are at a huge disadvantage with being able to fill a roster of 15 players with most of them going to be fringe players at the best.

Most of us still have over 10 players to get and even this round 3 upcoming there is a huge drop off in talent. The prices paid seem so out of whack between the auction and those teams able to offer contracts to guys before the auction.

I thought paying over $8m for KAT was expensive when you look at values for the likes of some of the guys on original team rosters (Giannis 3.9m, Embiid 4.3m, Curry 5.7m, Gasol 2.5m) but i'm not so sure now.

Perhaps we should have had access to a few more of the guys before the auction started to even it up a bit.

It's only 1 season of being uneven with you guys all able to take 8 keepers and your QO into the following auction. The reason people have stars on low contracts is because they drafted them when they were rookies or before they had broken out and got them for a good price. There are tons of players in this auction that have long term potential and not just the rooks. You guys are at a big disadvantage season 1 though i'll give you that but not sure what could've been done about it. Just gotta think ahead, like i had Gobert on $800,000 because i got him in his 2nd year before anyone knew him, just gotta scope for those diamonds in the rough...

Honestly though we're all chasing rampantstatks this year his team is ridiculous and just added CP3. His team has a similar feel to it to Bugsy's team 2-3 years ago that was just super OP.
We'll see. Last year I lost Kwahi for the whole year, Porzingis for half a year, and Westbrook shot @15 points worse in free throws.

It may seem to be a disadvantage to the new guys having so few players under contract, but having no bad contracts is a tremendous advantage. If you draft well with an eye to the future you can build your team very quickly. It takes a while in a keeper league like this to get a good team, because the way you get keepers is by drafting good future players cheap, like Deeman said. Because in effect we added two teams this year, and therefore more money, prices for players will be a little inflated this year, but if you look back at past auctions, not really so much. I found it also takes a while to be able to bid somewhat effectively-last year, my third, was the first year I thought my bids were mostly hitting the right spot.

Don’t be too discouraged, yeah joining a keeper league means that there will be a period of time to gain parity but the beauty of this unique format is that while teams can find a diamond on the cheap and develop them over a number of years, the turnover of players between teams is quite high.
A Manager can only effectively keep 5 players from one year to the next, 4 development contracts and a QO, so the other 10 are available to be drafted by other teams. So this season yes Ramp has half a dozen of the top players but he will have to make a decision after this draft about who doesn’t get a contract. And even those contracted will see their cost increase until it’s no longer viable to contract them.

This season some teams will be behind the eight ball but stick with it and plan for next season’s auction and the turn around will be quick... there are guys in rounds 18-20 for example that may be top 20-50 players in a season or 2 and will be drafted for less than 1m...

The guys are right mate. This is my second season and it is a lot easier. You actually know what you are doing - lol (well I think I do).

You will be surprised what talent is available later in the draft.

Sorry boys I have missed everything, my misses has just had our first baby and I really havent had time for this right now sorry
Congrats mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are we back to 11 managers again? Are you stepping down TheSmokies?
I think he's out guys and no hard feelings about that... family comes first.

I'll have a chat with Bill over a few beers later and come up with a creative way to disolve that 12th team.

Happy to hold a place for TheSmokies for next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back