The Kevin McHale Cup 18-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, this is getting out of hand. Let's all stop with the name calling and aggression, we are better than that.

As for the trade...
As Commish I have to approve every trade in this league. I approved this one because the value on each side is comparable... Nance is good, Whiteside is good, but they bring different stats and thats what trades are for, helping each team improve now or in the future.

Nothing was done outside of the rules. Managers are within their rights to trade who they like. The only thing unusual in this case is that a waiver wire pickup was traded immediately for a contracted player. But let's be clear here, this is not a trade of a top 20 player for a scrub, value wise I consider it fair and that's why it was approved.

I can see everyones point of view in this, but in the end I think it was a tactical move by both Managers to improve their teams by targetting specific stats. No collusion, no cheating and the trade stands.
Thank you for seeing reason in this. Agree with everything there 100%

Marc Gasol is available for trade. He’s on a very nice development contract of just $3,125,000, so I won’t be trading him cheaply. Any offers welcome but I’m really looking for guys who are eligible for a sleeper contract next year or are already on a good value team contract.

Ok. I'm going to respond once and then it's over for me. The trade between Deeman and Flaps was not for Nance. Read my first post on this. The trade was Whiteside for a move-one of the 220 moves that all the teams received at the start of the year. Deeman picked who he wanted, and Flaps picked him up and traded him. One of the important things to understand about this is that ANY of the teams in the league that had an extra move could have offered Deeman the exact same deal-there was no basketball reason for Deeman making the deal with Flaps. I have spent the last four years building a contending team, only to have all that work counterfeited becuase a non-contending team decided to make a sweetheart deal with one of his friends and trade a major asset that I believe decides the championship for basically nothing. A deal of Whiteside for a free agent pick up is objectively not a fair deal, but particularly not when it determines the outcome of the competition. I do not think a non-contending team should ever be allowed to make a sweetheart deal like this with one of the contenders. In any event, I don't want to play in a league where something like this happens. All that work and effort of the past four years gone for nothing. I will stay on for the rest of the year just to prove my point about the competition, but that's it for me. If you don't understand, you don't understand. A league where trades like this are allowed is not a league that's engaging in fair competition.

Ok. I'm going to respond once and then it's over for me. The trade between Deeman and Flaps was not for Nance. Read my first post on this. The trade was Whiteside for a move-one of the 220 moves that all the teams received at the start of the year. Deeman picked who he wanted, and Flaps picked him up and traded him. One of the important things to understand about this is that ANY of the teams in the league that had an extra move could have offered Deeman the exact same deal-there was no basketball reason for Deeman making the deal with Flaps. I have spent the last four years building a contending team, only to have all that work counterfeited becuase a non-contending team decided to make a sweetheart deal with one of his friends and trade a major asset that I believe decides the championship for basically nothing. A deal of Whiteside for a free agent pick up is objectively not a fair deal, but particularly not when it determines the outcome of the competition. I do not think a non-contending team should ever be allowed to make a sweetheart deal like this with one of the contenders. In any event, I don't want to play in a league where something like this happens. All that work and effort of the past four years gone for nothing. I will stay on for the rest of the year just to prove my point about the competition, but that's it for me. If you don't understand, you don't understand. A league where trades like this are allowed is not a league that's engaging in fair competition.
You've got it all wrong you're throwing accusations around that are baselessand untrue. I did not tell Flaps to pick up Nance,that chat never happened. Flaps offered me Aminu, I countered with Nance and I wasnt aware when I did the trade that Nance had just been picked up. I just looked at his stats and he was an upgrade on Whiteside I was actually surprised Flaps said yes as I thought I was winning the trade. I'm not going to bother pointing out again Nance is the superior player. It's a fair trade Bugsy said so himself and was backed up by multiple other managers. You're so far out of line it's not even funny, you're behaving worse worse than my 14 year old sister throwing a tantrum and for no logical reason. You know if everyone is saying that the trade makes sense and you're the only one who's crying over it, have you considered maybe you're in the wrong. Because you are. This is the biggest tantrum I've ever seen in 15 years of fantasy sports. Obv you're leaving the league, that was happening the second you starter calling people cheats with no justification or evidence to back you up. Everything you've said above is wrong. I'm disappointed in you Ramp. There is a way to question a trade and then there's how you've handled it like a petulant child. So what you've built a team for 4 years, but you haven't won a title and clearly your thinking isn't clear. But that's what this is all about, you're worried you wont win the title and a newbie will walk right in and win one. Oh the injustice. You haven't displayed any semblance of manners, ethics or sportsmanship. I'll leave it at that, disappointing behaviour, you should feel ashamed.

Also i couldnt have done the trade with anyone, Flaps was the only one willing to trade for Whiteside and had a similar big that i could use without ruioning my auction next year. I dont know Flaps outside BF and even i did i wouldnt give him special treatment. If you wanted Whiteside you shouldve made an offer and id have happily traded him to you but you didn't so i got what i could for Mr cant shoot FTs and traded with the only manager willing to trade. Dunno how that's so hard to understand.

Wow. Just wow. To call us cheats, and then to come up with a conspiracy around the rest of it is so outlandish. I can't even reason with this, but I can tell you like deeman87 already stated, we don't know each other outside of this game and a couple of ultimate footy games and that's it. If that's not good enough, then I'm genuinely sorry you feel the way you do, because it's a crying shame for the rest of the league to have to put up with what you're saying over a very valid trade.

I'm sure there'll be a replacement for you that won't whinge the way you have over a simple trade that you're salty about.

Just gonna post this again, because I feel it might get lost in all the Whiteside/Nance/Cheater talk!!
Make me some offers people!

Marc Gasol is available for trade. He’s on a very nice development contract of just $3,125,000, so I won’t be trading him cheaply. Any offers welcome but I’m really looking for guys who are eligible for a sleeper contract next year or are already on a good value team contract.

Pretty quiet in here. What's everyone's plans in the last month?
I think everyone is kinda resigned to fighting for 2nd man, you've got a ridic strong team there and it has nothing to do with Whiteside lol ;) . But i assume everyones plans is just to keep setting their lineups and hope we all peg a couple points back and someone makes a come back but it doesnt look likely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Flaps on your Championship. Rode Harden’s ridiculous production and deserved to hold on in your first season.

Thanks to all Managers for playing through and competing. Enjoy the off season :)
Yep well done Flaps! Pretty dominant season!!
Nice one flaps! Never in doubt!
Thank you! Been an interesting year, and I think I was lucky that Beal and Aldridge paid off in addition to the other stars I managed to get. Looking forward to next season already.

Until then, #GoMagic!

Hi guys.
Just a heads up regarding next season. I don't think I have the energy or commitment to run this league next year, particularly the month long draft.

Hi guys.
Just a heads up regarding next season. I don't think I have the energy or commitment to run this league next year, particularly the month long draft.
Sorry to hear that mate. Thanks for all your hard work over the years it's been a fun league for the better part of the last decade. There's a chance I might be able to summon the energy to take over running it. My life is kinda in flux atm so not sure what I'll be doing, when do you normally start the auction?

Sorry to hear that too Bugsy but completely understand. Thanks for all your hard work over the years - it’s a great league and the auction process makes it so.
I’d hate to see the league fold so Deeman happy to try and work out how we keep it going - possibly find a way to split some of the commish duties. Most important though is we make sure we’ve got enough committed managers as a priority - think we definitely lost Ramp towards the end of last season. Bugsy, would you still manage a team in the league or would you be stepping away completely?

Sorry to hear that too Bugsy but completely understand. Thanks for all your hard work over the years - it’s a great league and the auction process makes it so.
I’d hate to see the league fold so Deeman happy to try and work out how we keep it going - possibly find a way to split some of the commish duties. Most important though is we make sure we’ve got enough committed managers as a priority - think we definitely lost Ramp towards the end of last season. Bugsy, would you still manage a team in the league or would you be stepping away completely?
Yep definitely in the realms of possibility we could keep it going if there's sufficient interest. Can we get everyone to chime in with whether they would want to go again next year? We need at least 8-10 to keep the league running and yep Ramp won't be back but I'd assume flaps will be keen to defend his title and that Billy, Bugsy and a few others would be keen. So roll call can everyone Indicate their interest...
Bugsy Mogues
flaps - IN
Billy_The_Kid
Cameron_K
K10 Hawks
bgt2110
Moo
TheSmokies

Last edited:
You bastards! I'll tell you what, if we can get 12 Committed Managers for next season and beyond I will stay on and run the League. If I do, I may look at expanding each Auction groups so the Auction duration is shortened.
Roll call and recruitment first...

You bastards! I'll tell you what, if we can get 12 Committed Managers for next season and beyond I will stay on and run the League. If I do, I may look at expanding each Auction groups so the Auction duration is shortened.
I will return for the upcoming season.

What is the big deal about you doing all the draft work....isn't it done by Bill Duffy ;)

Seriously though, that is a huge amount of time devoted to the draft alone, if you can hand over some of the work to others then just say so.

Haha, not letting the league die that easily buddy! The auction is my favourite part of the NBA fantasy year. :D See how we go with numbers then. But as BGT said, if you need a hand with the auction, either Tony or myself could probably help...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back