The Kevin McHale Cup 2014-2015 (Auction league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 26, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
The legendary auction league, The Kevin McHale Cup returns for it's seventh season.
Managers please confirm your return in this thread.
Rules and end-of-season rosters to follow.

Owners (Confirmed):

Badga
Billy the Kidd
Bugsy Mogues
Cameron K
Deeman87
Gridlocked
Moo
Nick
Rampantstatks
Rocco
Theseventhhamster
Tony Richo

Managers not returning
Delidio2Conca
Gascan
Hans Moleman
TheWhiteRhino

For your end-of-season rosters check your team via your Yahoo fantasy profile. Keepers (excluded from the preseason draft) are identified with a K

Badga (Heath) - Kramerica
Development Contracts
James Harden $1,953,125
Trey Burke $2,626,257
Nikola Pekovic $2,500,000
Team Contracts:
Tobias Harris $4,200,001
Kelly Olynyk $2,200,000
Qualifying Offer:
Dirk Nowitzki

Billy the kid (Billy the kid) - The Kidd's Crew
Development Contracts
Kyrie Irving $6,859,372
Eric Bledsoe $2,000,000
Derrick Favors $8,687,500
Team Contracts:
Ryan Anderson $3,200,100
Gordon Hayward $3,150,000
Luol Deng $2,050,000
Sleeper Contract:
Terrence Jones $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer:
DeMarcus Cousins

Bugsy Mogues (Bugsy Mogues) - Dominatique
Development Contracts
Nikola Vucevic $2,000,000
Kyle Lowry $1,953,125
Jonas Valanciunas $1,893,751
Taj Gibson $768,750
Team Contracts
Serge Ibaka $10,896,678
Greg Monroe $4,750,750
Maurice Harkless $3,720,001
Sleeper Contract
Reggie Jackson $1,600,000

Qualifying Offer
Al Horford

Nik5354 ( ?) -Uncledrew
Development
Jose Calderon$790,163
Joe Johnson $2,834,778 (D)
Team
Rajon Rondo $5,856,444
Josh Smith $7,000,010
Amare Stoudemire $1,189,657
Sleeper
Terrence Ross $1,600,000
QO
Monta Ellis

Deeman87 (?) - Dante's Devils
Development Contracts
Damien Lilliard $5,468,761
Kenneth Faried $2,750,015
Tristan Thompson $1,302,086
Klay Thompson $2,300,555
Jeff Teague $1,750,000
Team Contracts
Victor Oladipo $3,200,100
Jeremy Lin $1,800,007
Sleeper Contract
Omer Asik $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Demar Derozan

Gridlock'd (mc_killa_325) - The Birdmen
Development Contracts
Kevin Durant - $11,213,437
Anthony Davis - $7,880,223
Michael Carter-Williams - $1,929,845
Anthony Bennett - $2,660,605
Team Contracts
Dwayne Wade - $5,345,345
Jameer Nelson - $2,123,956
Sleeper contract:
Gorgui Dieng $1,600,000
QO:
Thaddeus Young

Cameron_K (?) - Purplehaze
Development Contracts
Westbrook, Russell$9,817,968
Goran Dragic$2,500,000
Chandler Parsons $2,000,000
Team Contracts
Sleeper Contract
Mason Plumlee $1,600,000
QO
LaMarcus Aldridge

Moo (Moo) - Sooby Moos
Development Contracts
Team Contracts
Jrue Holiday - $9,500,000
Al Jefferson - $11,850,000
Sleeper Contract
Trevor Ariza $1,600,000
QO
DeAndre Jordan

theseventhhampster -
Development Contracts
Kemba Walker $1,562,500
Team Contracts:
Chris Bosh $900,000
Sleeper Contract:
Jamal Crawford $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer:
LeBron James

Rocco_s (Rocco_s) - Curry in a Hurry

Development Contracts
Stephen Curry$2,343,751
Jeff Green Team $731,730
Team Contracts
Brandon Knight $1,500,003
Sleeper Contract:
Jodie Meeks $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer:
John Wall

Tony Richo(Tony Richo) - - Fubar inc.

Development Contracts
Andre Drummond $625,050
Joakim Noah $3,515,625
Ty Lawson $1,953,125
Team Contracts:
Nerlens Noel $530,000
Sleeper Contract:
Danilo Gallinari $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer:
Chris Paul

Rampantstatks (?) - - 12 hour Delay
Development Contracts
Derrick Rose $5,491,406
Ricky Rubio $4,687,501
Kawhi Leonard $3,125,018
Team Contracts
Javale McGee $4,999,990
Enes Kanter $4,202,001
Kobe Bryant $3,800,012
Sleeper Contract
Giannis Antetokunompo $1,600,000
Qualifying Offer
Kevin Love

The Rules

Roster Positions PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories:Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

The off-season
I. Following the end of the season or prior to the next seasons’ auction, owners may extend a “qualifying offer” to 1 of their players. This gives them the right to see the highest bid for that particular player in the upcoming draft, and then match if they wish to.
II. Following the end of the season or prior to the next seasons’ auction, owners may extend a “Sleeper Contract” to 1 of their players. This player will be kept for the next season at $1.6 mil. Sleeper contracts can only be awarded to players who were valued at $1.5m or less at auction the previous year or FA acquisitions during the season.
III. Players going into the second year of Team, Development or Sleeper contracts are removed from the draft pool, and their “cost” is subtracted from the 50mil budget before the draft.

The draft
I. Every team begins the draft with a “budget” (or salary cap) of 50 million.
II. Players will be auctioned off in groups of 6.
III. Groups will consist of players of similar fantasy value, using a “cheat list” off a pre-agreed fantasy site.
IV. Players on qualifying offers will be auctioned in their own group and independent of Free agents. Managers will make bids on all QO players in the group. A manager may match the highest bid on their player. Any player not accepted by the current manager will be won by the owner of the highest bid. Only the highest bidder is relevant. A manager cannot win more than 2 players. Any players not won are no longer QO players and will enter the next auction group with other Free Agents. Assuming the possibility a manager will win 2 players in the group, the maximum bid will be in line with your remaining budget and players to be drafted . For example, if you have 10 players left to draft and $40m budget remaining, you can make a maximum bid of $18m / player allowing the minimum $500k for the remaining 8 players..
V. If you have the highest bid for a particular player, the amount you submitted is what you’ll pay. So, if you offered 18 million for Chris Paul, and the next highest bid is 9 million, you will still pay 18m, not 9.5m or 10m (i.e. it’s not E-bay!)
VI. An owner cannot successfully bid on more than one player in any group of 6. So, even if you had the highest bid on both Cousins and Favors, if they are in the same group, you will only get one of them – specifically, the player that you bid more for.
VII. Except for the Qualifying Group, if an owner successfully bids on a player in 2 consecutive groups, he must “sit out” the next group.
VIII. The minimum bid allowed for any player is half a million.
IX. Each team will be required to draft 15 players.
X. Once the draft is completed, owners are allowed to nominate players who they wish to grant a “Team Contract”. These players will be kept for the next season at exactly the same price. Team contracts can only be awarded to players who were not contracted the previous season. Those teams finishing in the bottom half of the final standings of the previous season may allocate 3 Team Contracts, those teams in finishing in the top half may allocate 2.
XI. Once the draft is completed, owners are also allowed to nominate players who they wish to grant a “Development Contract”. These players may be kept for the next season at this seasons’ price plus 25%. All teams may allocate 4 Development Contracts.

The season
I.Standard 9-category roto scoring, free Yahoo! League.
II.Moves restricted to 20 for the season - It is the commish’s belief that leagues should be won through good drafting and trading, not by being the quickest to pounce on every available free agent.
III.Waiver wire waiting period will be 1 day.
IV.Trades will be made independent of “budget” implications – but note that Team and Development Contracts will carry over to the off-season and remain associated with players regardless of team changes or trades. If players are dropped to free agency, contracts are no longer valid. Players on Team contracts can only be dropped prior to the All-star break

Last edited:

Half way there guys. If you see any of last years Managers on the boards give them a holler. I'd like to get this thing rolling next week...it takes some time.

Hey Bugsy,

Gascan's having problems getting onto Big Footy for some reason.

Unfortunately he asked me to pass on the message that he won't be participating in the Auction League this year. Has the lost the passion for Roto I think.

Do you have a waiting list for replacement managers?

Hey Bugsy,

Gascan's having problems getting onto Big Footy for some reason.

Unfortunately he asked me to pass on the message that he won't be participating in the Auction League this year. Has the lost the passion for Roto I think.

Do you have a waiting list for replacement managers?

That's a shame about Gascan but I appreciate the notice. Once the passion goes it goes...
I checked last years thread and I don't think there are any Managers in the wings. If anyone knows a good one they can apply here too.

Just for everyone's info, we started the Auction mid-September last year and it worked out well, so I'll be aiming for that date again.

How much time does it take in regards to the drafting process? I might be interested.

Hi Guys,

I have a person who I think would be a great addition to the league. Have played supercoach and nba fantasy with him for the past few years. He's always highly competitive and active, loves trading and discussing trades.

I'm sure Billy would vouch for him too...........his name is Alex and normally his team's are named Wally's Warriors.

Let me know if you want me to get him to pop on here and say hello.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much time does it take in regards to the drafting process? I might be interested.

The Auction takes approximatley 4-5 weeks to complete. It's a long haul with a commitment to posting and submitting bids daily mid Sept to the start of the season.

I'm sure Billy would vouch for him too...........his name is Alex and normally his team's are named Wally's Warriors.

Let me know if you want me to get him to pop on here and say hello.........

Tony, get him to post here with his interest. If he can give us access to his Yahoo profile that would be good, but I'm happy with your recommendation.

I'd love to have a crack if you get an opening.

Hammy, I'd welcome you joining the League mate. As far as I'm concerned you're next on the list to join us.

D2C hasn't been on this board since April so there's a good chance we'll have another spot or two...

Never done an auction before so far chance. Moo.

Use the Lakers model.....spend twice as much on Kobe as market value dictates and just buy hacks with the rest.

Hate to do this to you guys, but I'm gonna have to drop out of the league...I just don't think I can afford to put the time & effort into another fantasy season.

A shame, because I think I've got a pretty good team with some value-for-money contracts. Here's the entire roster to assist whoever takes over the team:

Development Contracts
Westbrook, Russell $9,817,968
Goran Dragic $2,500,000
Chandler Parsons $2,000,000
Wilson Chandler $2,000,000

Other Contracts
Aldridge, LaMarcus $10,933,000
Millsap, Paul $8,843,676
Duncan, Tim $6,276,000
Hill, George $4,546,876
Chandler, Tyson $4,520,000
Redick, J.J. $1,300,579

Free Agents added during the season - I think these guys would therefore be on a $500,000 contract?
Allen, Tony
Green, Danny
Hilario, Nene
Johnson, Wesley
Plumlee, Mason

Anyways, I enjoyed my one season participating in an Auction League, and this one was really well run. Cheers fellas.

Thanks for letting us know mate. You've left a cracking team.
It is a commitment. If you ever want to jump back in let us know.

Good to see you Gridders.

Now two clear spots open for new Managers so Hammy you're in if you want to join us.

Where's your mate Tony?

I probably should have paid more attention. It's a bit keepery for my liking given that I'm already in a keeper league. I'll join if you need me but I'll sit out if you can fill the spots with managers you're happy with.
No regular keeper league though, the auction and format is really fun, well i think it is. You'd be silly not to play really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back