Toast The Kevin Sheedy Medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

He will want to leave after a strong season rather than the last two. I’m tipping an exit in 2023
Given the thread, I can only assume you're referring to Kevin Sheedy.

So, anyone willing to bet against Jacob Hopper winning the KSM? Yet another new winner (just Lachie a dual KSM, and that off a tie last year & somewhat unexpectedly).

Josh Kelly probably second.

Who's in the lower top 5? I'd suggest Cal Ward, Tim Taranto, and maybe Toby Greene (the latter having missed a few games that doesn't help).

Sam Taylor somewhere in the top 10 on the back of an outstanding year, but he missed a few matches which won't help.

Rest as Maximus called them.

Goal of the Year - either Toby's torp, or Bobby's running goal in the SF.

Mark of the Year - surely Mummy takes that home this year?

Indeed, you'd think he's stay with that in mind. Thanks captainMyCaptain.

However, there was a second one too, a day or so before or after that one you've posted, which was the one that supposedly had some comments about the captaincy.

This one maybe? I'm not able to read the article due to the paywall, but if the article has anything to do with the headline it seems like he'll be our captain next season.

This one maybe? I'm not able to read the article due to the paywall, but if the article has anything to do with the headline it seems like he'll be our captain next season.
Yes, that's it. Without being able to get behind the paywall, the thumbnail indicates no thought of leaving.

Just stupid that media are quoting Kane Cornes' stupid thought bubble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, that's it. Without being able to get behind the paywall, the thumbnail indicates no thought of leaving.

Just stupid that media are quoting Kane Cornes' stupid thought bubble.
It's crazy how one guy's opinion can compltely shape the entire narrative around Cogs. There was no discussion of trading Cogs at all before Kane said we should move him to Freo and now it's all everyone can talk about.

It's crazy how one guy's opinion can compltely shape the entire narrative around Cogs. There was no discussion of trading Cogs at all before Kane said we should move him to Freo and now it's all everyone can talk about.
It’s unfortunate, to the media, we have signed all our big name players and so therefore they can’t do their stories about us which gets them the clicks from down South.
So now it’s stupid thought bubbles that “so and so should refresh, reboot, rebuild etc etc etc at another club and it’s a win win as the club clan clear cap space.” 🙄

There's this assumption that to lose captaincy, and continue play for the club, is a matter of shame for a player.
Ollie Wines and Jack Viney would tell you different.

There's this assumption that to lose captaincy, and continue play for the club, is a matter of shame for a player.
Ollie Wines and Jack Viney would tell you different.
It would be incredibly disappointing for Cogs personally I'd imagine if it were to happen. I think they should give him another year at it but it might play out differently. Everything that we've heard from Cogs is that he's fully committed and doesn't plan on passing on the captaincy to anyone, which I think is the right decision. If he can put together a healthy season the form questions will disappear and so will the questions around him as a captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back