The key to our fortunes in 2020.......

Remove this Banner Ad

There is very little chance of him playing in the forward line.
His best position is CHB suits his game to a tee.

You missed the point mate.

The best defense wins Premierships.......our defense is rock solid.......love it.

I think it’s actually more COVID related and being able to play out the season! If the season is cancelled, it will be another lost opportunity for us.
Still a long way to go, but I believe that if we get 17 rounds there will be a premier crowned regardless of whether or not finals are played. One reason why no AFLW premier was crowned was because teams hadn't played everyone and I think the AFL has in part considered this when reducing the season to 17 rounds.

Our defence has been superb, great individually even better as a collective. Lot's of talk about needing to increase our scoring (getting DeGoey into form would help here), but ultimately you just need to kick more than the opposition.

Still a long way to go, but I believe that if we get 17 rounds there will be a premier crowned regardless of whether or not finals are played. One reason why no AFLW premier was crowned was because teams hadn't played everyone and I think the AFL has in part considered this when reducing the season to 17 rounds.
Wow that would be concerning...unless of course we finished top. I would have trouble acknowledging that as a legitimate premiership. Particularly since it will likely be very tight at the top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our defensive group has been consistently the strongest aspect of our sides under Bucks. What's changing is the team defense, which makes the work of that D50 group so much easier.

Our defensive group has been consistently the strongest aspect of our sides under Bucks. What's changing is the team defense, which makes the work of that D50 group so much easier.
Not saying they are the same quality but the power of our 4pete team was centred around our back six. They were probably as a group the most skill full and brutal back line to ever take the field.

Power sides all have a formidable backline.

I think De Goey and to a lesser extent Stephenson are the keys.

Our backline is superb, as is our midfield. Our midfield will be significantly stronger again when AT comes back in.

Mihocek and Jamie Elliott are good players and consistent goalscorers who are important. However, Jordy is the one that can turn our forward line into something terrifying. Get him into his best form and we could be savaging sides.

Not saying they are the same quality but the power of our 4pete team was centred around our back six. They were probably as a group the most skill full and brutal back line to ever take the field.

Power sides all have a formidable backline.

Not disputing that but in modern footy even the best back 6 will struggle if teams have clean transition and/or weight of opportunity to their forwards.

Our defence as a unit is incredible. Its as well-drilled a group as any in the competition.
There’s always room for improvement. We gave up a goal on the weekend because Howe and Roughead flew for the same ball and spoiled each other...

Not disputing that but in modern footy even the best back 6 will struggle if teams have clean transition and/or weight of opportunity to their forwards.
Not disputing that either but the mids and forwards get far more opportunity to be creative when there is an unbreakable wall across the half back line.

Backs are - as a group, and competition wide - the single most underrated components of any team.

As for me - as a person - my viewpoint is that defence goes round de oval.

;)

There’s always room for improvement. We gave up a goal on the weekend because Howe and Roughead flew for the same ball and spoiled each other...

Another because we weren't able to kill a contest over the boundary. Yet another from a poorly executed centering of the footy. There's always room for improvement in just about every aspect.

You missed the point mate.

The best defense wins Premierships.......our defense is rock solid.......love it.
Nah l did not miss the point, just stating for others, that he is not going forward because of our defence as a whole

I think we have a number of keys...and injury (as we know) could rob us of any of them.

1. Grundy (irreplaceable)
2. Mihocek (don't tell me Moore can play there, if we lose Checkers the whole side suffers)
3. Pendles (he is playing multiple roles atm and dominating each of them)
4. Stevo (we've already seen how hard it is to replace this bloke)
5. Cox (go on laugh, but for mine he's a key)

2. Mihocek (don't tell me Moore can play there, if we lose Checkers the whole side suffers)

Keane could play Moore's Spot and Moore goes Forward. Lot of People talking Keane Up

5. Cox (go on laugh, but for mine he's a key)

Okay I will

Remove this Banner Ad

Back