Review The Kids Teach the Old Men A Lesson (Hawks Review)

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong take a bow
2. Can we clone Mundy
3. We beat a side we've always struggled to beat.
4. Crowden, I was wrong

-'s/ constructive criticism
1. Freddy needs to improve his touch, plenty of fumbles.
2. Colyer was good till he pinged his hammy. Need to find a replacement

1. Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong take a bow
2. Can we clone Mundy
3. We beat a side we've always struggled to beat.
4. Crowden, I was wrong

-'s/ constructive criticism
1. Freddy needs to improve his touch, plenty of fumbles.
2. Colyer was good till he pinged his hammy. Need to find a replacement
Walters will replace Colyer

Plenty of positives, plenty of room for improvement.

Hill and Aish well down on their best but won’t take long, kids improving by the week.

Hawthorn moved it better when they piled numbers down the wings whilst we tried to protect the corridor, but they didn’t really hurt us.

Considering the players missing gotta be happy with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong midfield looks very exciting.

Team cohesion looks like it's starting to build nicely, can't wait to get a few more stars back later this year and beyond.

Forward line still has a bit of a way to go, need a coaching change IMO

+
  • I think the key positive is how damn businesslike that was; just absolutely picked them apart.
  • Cerra. That's it. That's the positive.
  • The fact this drive is coming from Brayshaw, Serong, Cerra, Ryan et al. Suddenly Fyfe is sitting forward like we've been screaming out for him to be, Mundy is playing like he's 10 years younger, Walters comes back in without having to be everywhere at once etc.
  • Darcy was immense and played far better than the stats sheet suggests.
  • Crowden is a human cannonball.

-
  • Last quarter was a little bit looser than I would have liked, even if we never lost control.
  • Freddy, while doing a lot of good things, just isn't quite there yet.
  • I think Watson needs to come back in, but buggered if I know who you drop for him.

Just really, really stoked with our progression.
Our skills both by foot and hand have improved enormously as the season has gone on.
Our ball movement is better organised.
Our structure and set up around the contest holds shape and makes total sense rather than bees to a honeypot and a series of s**t 1.5m handballs inside the contest leading to a turnover.
For the first time in years we look well drilled. We look a professionally organised team.
And, we are good to watch!
And, we’re only going to get better.
Exciting to be a supporter.

Last edited:
Great stuff, followed as best I could at work, listened to the 3rd in the car on the way home and watched the 4th.
The great thing is we seemed to control the game from the start, never really threatened, our no name (will take Ryan another 5 years at this level before they even remember his name in Victoria) defence is really working which is amazing.
Great game again from the young boys, attack is a work in progress but I think Walters, Sturt & Henry (maybe Hogan & Dardy) up front fixes that.
Good times. Of all the things I'm happy about Longmuir replacing Lyon this is one I was really looking forward to, being able to beat the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back