The Killers - Pressure Machine

Remove this Banner Ad

For the second straight year, the Killers are releasing a new album. The follow-up to 2020’s Imploding the Mirage is titled Pressure Machine and is scheduled to arrive on August 13 (via Island). Find a trailer for the record, as well as its Wes Johnson–shot cover, below.

Shawn Everett and Foxygen’s Jonathan Rado co-produced Pressure Machine. According to a press release, the album is inspired by Brandon Flowers’ hometown of Nephi, Utah. “I discovered this grief that I hadn’t dealt with,” the frontman remarked in a statement. “Many memories of my time in Nephi are tender. But the ones tied to fear or great sadness were emotionally charged. I’ve got more understanding now than when we started the band, and hopefully I was able to do justice to these stories and these lives in this little town that I grew up in.”

In addition to the Nephi inspiration, Flowers noted that Pressure Machine was a product of circumstance, as the band could not tour due to the pandemic. “It was the first time in a long time for me that I was faced with silence,” he said. “And out of that silence this record began to bloom, full of songs that would have otherwise been too quiet and drowned out by the noise of typical Killers records.”

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
They've pretty much gone full Coldplay these days

They've pretty much gone full Coldplay these days
WOW! Queen Isabella wasn't that harsh.

I have a number of their albums, but I don't think I can purchase the new ones after a comment like that.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
WOW! Queen Isabella wasn't that harsh.

I have a number of their albums, but I don't think I can purchase the new ones after a comment like that.

Coldplay and Killers both had a number of really good albums, then both faded into naffiness territory

I actually liked Imploding the Mirage for something to just throw on.

This one is nothing like that, not sure about it yet - the whole “my old hometown where everyone has tough lives” thing is pretty depressing, not what I need right now.

It doesnt sound like Coldplay at all, whoever said that hasn’t listened to this one. It more tries to be Bruce Springsteen at times. Has some interesting moments.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Pretty cool return to form overall.

Wont ever stack up to Hot Fuss, but their last couple of LP's have been pretty decent. Interesting revival. Brandon Flowers has always had enough talent as a songwriter, the band just doesn't have any major capabilities or a big ceiling.

I know they're now sounding like Nebraska-era Bruce Springsteen (instead of late 70's-era Springsteen), but it's a good progression. Could have easily continued trying to create a mainstream hit after failing the past couple LPs and went in the other direction instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back