dogboy

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2001
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Ascot CC, Liverpool, East Perth
Being a North fan for many many years I was interested to hear what all of the Dockers fans in Perth were saying last night about Wayne Carey. I must say that even though in the workplace a lot of Docker fans still give me heaps about the Carey incident all of the fans I heard on the radio were fairly positive about the King coming to Freo. I think that he still has worth and would love for him to run out in Blue and White again but sadly this will NEVER happen. To be stuck on 248 games is a shame but hey that is just how it is. If Wayne Carey was to come to the Dockers I will be the first new member and I will retain that membership along with my North membership for as long as he is at the club.
Could only be good for the Dockers me thinks.

Was that you on PR last night dogboy.

I don't think we really want, or need, him.

What does Peter Bell think?

No that was some other North fan but I was certainly in agreeance with him. It would all depend on what he, Carey thought he was worth but surely it would be better paying him a couple of hundred thousand bucks than paying it out to Metro and co. I know that Pavlich is the main focus for the Dockers as he should be but I think that Carey woudl have worth. I would think that Peter Bell would be happy to be once again delivering the ball to Carey as I have never once heard him say a bad thing about the man. This may well have changed now though.

I'll leave this one to CC, Schwabby & Co.

If they think it's good for Freo, if we can afford him, if he wants to come, if anyone wants to play with him...lot of ifs.

I wouldn't think he wants to head West. Sydney for mine.

Carey is the sort of player that you hate but have to admire when he is at another club. With recent events behind us, he's still a really good player and freo would be crazy not to consider him. If we drafted him I think it would be really good for the young blokes in the team, both in learning their trade training and playing with Carey and easing the pressure of relying on players with no more than 50 games to their name to win you games.

I think if we don't have to pay him too much and he wants to rebuild some of his shattered reputation, he should come back and play footy again, Whether thats for freo or not is another story.

I think if Carey were smart he'd go to Sydney or Brisbane, where he could keep a lower profile in the media. If he were over here in Perth, or in Adelaide, I think he would get completely hounded by the media, which would probably affect his game pretty badly.

Just about choked on the weetbix when I saw this in yesterday's West:

250-gam03king108.jpg

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
Oh, sorry, I stumbled into this thread as I thought it was about the return of Brendan Fewster to the Dockers starting lineup. My mistake.

You make it sound like a bad thing :eek:

But I must say I don't want Carey. He doesn't fit in with what we are trying to do, we should keep drafting younger players who will build a great side for the future, not a quick fix like Carey.

Originally posted by Rooboy 96

win a flag isn't what you are trying to do??? sorry for butting in... but just could not help myself...

Cheers...

Carey will be ideal for a side that needs a player as a "top up", and they are within reach of the top of the table. Carey would be good for a year or two and give the team the extra grunt to get a premiership.

A team still building (Freo, Saints, Silver Spooners etc) will probably not want him because he is really only a short term option.

The talk I have heard is for Adelaide or Sydney to get him. Sydney are going to be doing some major renovations at the end of the year and I would think that long term players is the way they will be aiming. Adelaide lack a quality CHF.

It will be interesting as there could be two "quality" Centre Half Forwards on the market at the end of the year, I know that I would take the player who formerly wore the blue and white without a blink if offered both.

How much are we going to have to pay this guy to get him?
I would much prefer to invest that money in keeping what we alreayd have or the drafting of Headland.

I would say No at the moment.

VOR
Once again Fewster on the weekend proved himself to be a hack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back