Review The Kingbowl - Round 10 vs St. Kilda @ Metricon (Thus 6/8/20 - 8:10pm)

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Oh Smith is a great tap ruckman, but Marshall and Ryder will beat Smith or Wright in the ruck. At least Wright offers more offensively and has a massive tank that could at least run out the game, with a much more transferable game when he rests forward.
Massive tank? That’s one thing I don’t remember.
I remember 2MP starting well in some games, but fading by half time as he was all out of gas.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Peter is so slow twitch he should be a marathon runner.

He is honestly slower than half the ruckman in the league which isn't great for forward half pressure rating.
Despite his size he gets pushed out of marking contests very easily which is disappointing.

If he took a few angry pills and hit the ball as hard as someone like Levi Casboult he has the attributes to be a workhorse tall forward up the ground, be a goal threat from 50+m and always be a threat to draw deep free kicks for arm chop given his size and height.

I think he can easily kick 35 goals a year, be a great ruck back up and provide an excellent target down the line. He just needs to play with far more intent.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
2MP can run all day. Sure he looks tired, whether it’s the 1st quarter or the last, but he doesn’t actually get any slower. It’s aggression he needs to add to his game. He needs to crash packs & bring the ball to the ground for our crumbers. Taking marks would be good, but just not getting outmarked would be enough. I hope he gets a game soon & proves he can do it.

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
2MP can run all day. Sure he looks tired, whether it’s the 1st quarter or the last, but he doesn’t actually get any slower. It’s aggression he needs to add to his game. He needs to crash packs & bring the ball to the ground for our crumbers. Taking marks would be good, but just not getting outmarked would be enough. I hope he gets a game soon & proves he can do it.
Well it would be tough for him to actually get slower..

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I know stats don't tell the full story but over the course of his career his disposals marks and goals are way ahead of Sam Day
11.3/5.0/1.3. vs. 9.7/3.5/0.7 , so this Suns mythology that he doesn't take marks isn't really fact based
Last year he kicked 21 goals in a team that was pantsed week after week and had the least I50's of any team in the comp
I really think 2MP is one of the guys who gets a tougher passmark than others
He's definitely a better ruck option than Day

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
There's no statistical way of showing contests though.

The biggest knock on Wright is that he simply does not contribute to making a contest.

Aggression levels need to come way up.

Otherwise we'd probably be better off trotting Dan Gorringe out there*

*This disclaimer is for that one person that won't see how far i've got my tongue planted in my cheek for that last line. Obvious sarcasm is extremely obvious

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

I would love to see him crash packs like Charlie Dixon.. whether he takes the ball or not just hurt the opponents also helps out someone like izak who is floating around the outside of the pack for the crumbing ball.. since lynch left and he became the main man he never had the self confidence which has now seen king and and day lock him out of the side

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
I would love to see him crash packs like Charlie Dixon.. whether he takes the ball or not just hurt the opponents also helps out someone like izak who is floating around the outside of the pack for the crumbing ball.. since lynch left and he became the main man he never had the self confidence which has now seen king and and day lock him out of the side
Agree. He is 100-110kgs and is soft as anyone in a pack. Needs to use his body to put some hurt on

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
People look at Wright with the wrong attitude.
I get that it would be good for him to be more aggressive, but that’s not the type of forward he is.
He’s a Lukosius, lead-up type forward. The type that uses his aerobic power to make space on long leads, with an accurate, long kick.
He absolutely flourished when Lynch was here because Lynch took the pack marking giving him the opportunity to lead up the field.
Now that we have king taking that role again we should be utilising Wright’s strengths.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
People look at Wright with the wrong attitude.
I get that it would be good for him to be more aggressive, but that’s not the type of forward he is.
He’s a Lukosius, lead-up type forward. The type that uses his aerobic power to make space on long leads, with an accurate, long kick.
He absolutely flourished when Lynch was here because Lynch took the pack marking giving him the opportunity to lead up the field.
Now that we have king taking that role again we should be utilising Wright’s strengths.
Would double like if I could
Won't stop the haters though

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Gold Coast v St Kilda, Metricon Stadium, 8.10pm AEST

GOLD COAST
In:
S.Lemmens, J.Sharp
Out: P.Hanley (Omitted), D.MacPherson (Omitted)
New: Jeremy Sharp

ST KILDA
In:
B.Long, D.Kent
Out: M.Parker (Omitted), S.Savage (Omitted)

Back