Review The Kingbowl - Round 10 vs St. Kilda @ Metricon (Thus 6/8/20 - 8:10pm)

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
KINGBOWL
KINGBOWL
KINGBOWL
KINGBOWL
KINGBOWL
KINGBOWL
KINGBOWL

KINGBOWL
KINGBOWL

1596005936978.png

Who will be 2nd and who will be 3rd best King?
Because Matt Rowell has already taken the throne as best King and the quicker we all accept that the sooner we can all move on with our lives under the nurturing bosom of Matt Rowell.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think Lemmens is a must. Provides a burst in the forward line and can come into the middle. GWS has one of the best backlines King was always going to have it rough and still provided a couple good moments. I don't think he should be dropped for the matchup with his Brother. Sharp and Flanders i'd love to see but i'm not sure their ready. Brodie or Miles seem more fitting if you add the speed of Lemmens. Witts isn't being rested. If we really felt we needed another KF Corbett would be the one.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
This from the practice match today:

Corbett continues to press:

One of Gold Coast’s best players on the day, Josh Corbett continues to stake his claim for an AFL recall. The versatile forward kicked three goals, but could have easily had more as he selflessly set teammates up in better positions inside 50. His team-first attitude is a huge asset of his and allows him to continue to impact games even if he’s not scoring the goals himself.

Corbett read the ball superbly in the forward line and was able to win some crucial marking contests inside 50. He had five scoring shots and even more score involvements which is something he can hang his hat on.
The 24-year-old has been one of the most consistent players in recent scratch matches and is ready for his AFL recall whenever the chance may arise.

Wonder if he gets a look in given our problems in the forward half? I'd leave in Day and King and find a way to bring this guy in since he's a smaller forward.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
From Dew's presser:

- wanted to bring in Lemmens but couldn't because of the bub, so that will probably happen this week.
- more changes will be made, the guys that will come in will be from the group that played on Friday: Brayden Fiorini, Jeremy Sharp, Zac Smith, Caleb Graham and Sam Flanders
- highlighted Powell as someone that stood up, so doubt he will be dropped.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well I’ve given up now on the finals dream.
Swing the axe, give tired guys a rest, give blokes who’s form has dropped the chop and let’s see Brodie, Lemmens, Flanders, Sharp, Wright, Fiorini, Corbett and even (dare I say it) Zac Smith.
Let’s give everyone a fair crack and find ways of winning with the other blokes on the list.
Its Time to do some experimentation, shaping of the list and a freshen up.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well I’ve given up now on the finals dream.
Swing the axe, give tired guys a rest, give blokes who’s form has dropped the chop and let’s see Brodie, Lemmens, Flanders, Sharp, Wright, Fiorini, Corbett and even (dare I say it) Zac Smith.
Let’s give everyone a fair crack and find ways of winning with the other blokes on the list.
Its Time to do some experimentation, shaping of the list and a freshen up.
Finals ain’t over yet baby! Just need to sneak a couple and scrape into the 8 - then bring the red Jesus in for one hell of an elimination final

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
We're a bit off from being a finals standard team.

But we are a helluva lot better than last year. As Bluey used to say, we may not have turned the corner yet but we have the blinkers on.
I don't know. Anything is possible in this crazy season. Did you watch Magpies tonight? Every team had some shockers this year. I guess the longer the hubs go the more unpredictable this season could be. Injuries are also starting to play significant part in results.

suns303

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi Suns fans, I've never commented on this website but have observed this forum a bit this year. The mids against gws didnt play well, there was no pressure and got smashed by their mids of which they all racked up big numbers, but they need to improve their kicking and get the ball in Weller's hand more often going forward. He's a great kick and breaks lines, of which none of the other mids have the capabilities to do. And i strongly believe we need to reshape the forward line if we want to continue to win games. The last few weeks, King has been out marked by his opponent, largely due to entries being kicked on his head and being out muscled one on one, not saying he should be dropped or anything but needs more help from Day and would love another option down there that can take a mark which Day isn't. So wouldn't mind seeing Wright/Corbett or both to come in this week to provide a contest in the forward and for bail out kicks down the line as part from Day and King we dont have another big forward that can take a mark in the forward. We need to try something different because right now isn't working. MacPherson needs to go for Lemmens, and think Anderson needs a rest during this short turn around. Powell Tried hard, but was fumbled and missed targets, and deserves another go. Thoughts?

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi Suns fans, I've never commented on this website but have observed this forum a bit this year. The mids against gws didnt play well, there was no pressure and got smashed by their mids of which they all racked up big numbers, but they need to improve their kicking and get the ball in Weller's hand more often going forward. He's a great kick and breaks lines, of which none of the other mids have the capabilities to do. And i strongly believe we need to reshape the forward line if we want to continue to win games. The last few weeks, King has been out marked by his opponent, largely due to entries being kicked on his head and being out muscled one on one, not saying he should be dropped or anything but needs more help from Day and would love another option down there that can take a mark which Day isn't. So wouldn't mind seeing Wright/Corbett or both to come in this week to provide a contest in the forward and for bail out kicks down the line as part from Day and King we dont have another big forward that can take a mark in the forward. We need to try something different because right now isn't working. MacPherson needs to go for Lemmens, and think Anderson needs a rest during this short turn around. Powell Tried hard, but was fumbled and missed targets, and deserves another go. Thoughts?
100% agree need another tall up forward. At least Corbett will hit that pack hard and remain mobile at ground level.
I’d bring him in to support.
Holman was meant to tag Haynes but Haynes intercepted at will. Need to make those intercepting Talls accountable

suns303

Rookie
Mar 15, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
100% agree need another tall up forward. At least Corbett will hit that pack hard and remain mobile at ground level.
I’d bring him in to support.
Holman was meant to tag Haynes but Haynes intercepted at will. Need to make those intercepting Talls accountable

Just don't think Holman was every going to stop Haynes in marking contests, and not let Zac Williams do what ever he wanted

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
More than likely 4 changes. So l'm told.
In Lemmens Corbett Flanders Possibly Smith. Witts has a niggle which should be right with 1 week off.
All l know is DMac definitely out. Holman likely. Day is also possible out.
SO I'M TOLD

Last edited:

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just don't think Holman was every going to stop Haynes in marking contests, and not let Zac Williams do what ever he wanted
That was very poor tactics. Corbett should have played. Blind Freddy could see GWS had a massive advantage in the air down back. Structure was screaming for a lead up mid sized fwd. Very dumb from the Coach's box/selection.

Back