Review The Kingbowl - Round 10 vs St. Kilda @ Metricon (Thus 6/8/20 - 8:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dewy said a few weeks ago that pearce had been down on form so I think thats a clear message he isnt playing good enough from the coaching staff
I know it's just i've noticed some teams do the 'mange' them then don't bring them back as a way to drop them but avoid the headlines or criticism.

WOW.... Just watched Channel Seven News and they list the team changes for tomorrow night mentioning St Kilda, Sydney, and Collingwood but who is the only team they don't list????? Gold Coast....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the changes, very very very excited to see Sharp, he chopped up the Marsh series when he came on. Has a big tank and long penetrating kick should be fun. Our mids will have to walk the talk so very excited to see that. I wanna see touk tag gresham, he's not that good when he gets attention. Jack steele is too hard to tag so just gotta head to head with Hugh

Very surprised that Flanders still can’t get a game. 2 changes off a 4 day break is risky and some players looked flat on Sunday.
Maybe because Sexton & Ainsworth played well and Macpherson didn't who, got dropped for Lemmens who is before Flanders.

He will get his time, maybe against your boys

Could be the end of McPherson with guys like Flanders and Sharp likely to move past him pretty easily. Not like for like, but they'll add more raw talent.
Part of MacPhersons problem is he hasn't had any midfield rotation this year after playing really solidly through there during 2019 and absolutely dominating the JLT community series in the middle. Needs to find some form in the 2's for a bit, but the coaches also need to start playing him in his best position during games, which is on ball.

Agreed. I don't think this is the end for Hanley but it's a shame with it being his first injury free year for the club.
It's definitely the end IMO unless we have injuries.
Unfortunately was a massive trade bust for us a la Malceski
The guy's 32 with a busted body.No upside given we're not playing finals or appear to be selecting for wins this season

I understand the frustration of only two changes but anyway I’m looking Forward to the game tomorrow and seeing a better effort and more attention to detail with our skills.
At this stage (touch wood) Mrs Bods has given me clearance to go. I can’t believe it.

Last edited:
Do you think when Max comes up to join Ben and us on the Beautiful GC that we could have them both playing up forward?
I guess Max would replace Sam Day In the current team?
We would need another chop out Ruck.
Maybe both Ben/Max would share the chop out role so neither of them is banged up too much?

please discuss

I understand the frustration of only two changes but anyway I’m looking to the game tomorrow and seeing a better effort and more attention to detail with our skills.
At this stage (touch wood) Mrs Bods has given me clearance to go. I can’t believe it.
Flanders was EXTREMELY close Holman has one more game and unless it's a blinder he's out for Flanders.
He's lucky Dew has a thing for left footers.
SO I'M TOLD.

Last edited:
Do you think when Max comes up to join Ben and us on the Beautiful GC that we could have them both playing up forward?
I guess Max would replace Sam Day In the current team?
We would need another chop out Ruck.
Maybe both Ben/Max would share the chop out role so neither of them is banged up too much?

please discuss
I dont see them both fitting in a single forward line. They both are best as a deep forward. You need someone like day who can get on his bike and move up the ground to create space. The kings aren't those sort of players and it would be a waste forcing them out of the F50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back