Review The Kingbowl - Round 10 vs St. Kilda @ Metricon (Thus 6/8/20 - 8:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope
Didn't see any wide team shots
Just a couple of senior players congratulating him
You claimed "Seems like it was just a quiet chat from the coach". This was the same settings like Noah Rising star announcement. So you envisage some sulking seniors (Fiorini, Brodie, Wright?) in the corner? Haha.

You sure stick to your personal vision of how the club should be run, who should play, what's happening within the club. If it's not according to your vision then it seems to be s***. All power to you. I am actually glad you are not on our selection committee :) It's not always black and white.

I am sure if you will be patient your favourite players will get the opportunity. I am still waiting for Flanders to play but now it's turn for my another favourite - Sharp. Very happy with his selection. I may be even lucky and see Rosas by the end of year.

Enjoy the game. Wondering what would be your comments if we win (it does can happen).

You have created your own narrative and believe it to be true

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
My narrative is from experience
It's just as valid as everyone drinking the cool-ade about "everyone signed up and on-board"
I don't see any difference between 2020 and 2011
Again we have some generational players all together in the group
We do have a functional coaching/training setup and a much better administration, but if we fail to progress with this group then it's just deja vu
But no doubt all the players are just hunky dory at the Club
Thanks for your insight

Enjoy the game. Wondering what would be your comments if we win (it does can happen).
I support every player who runs out in the red gold and blue and love every one of them
I will be hoping for a win and a return to the manic pressure we brought in rounds 2-5
But you will have to forgive me for having empathy for senior players who stuck fat , re-signed and believed in The Suns even when we were being whipped by 100 points every week last year only to be scrap heaped for the "new improved" 18yo whizz kids in 2020
True I come from an era when guys routinely played 100 games of reserve grade before they cracked a senior spot, but that's my sporting belief system
My comments on team selection arise from the fear of alienation in the group
Us vs Them
Haynes can spin the "each player understands what they have to do" as long as he likes but from my experience guys like Wright Fiorini and Brodie are highly driven proud professional sportsmen who gave when others caved.
They deserve their opportunity in my opinion, but my opinion on selection and player management isn't a logical progression to being an intersecting Venn diagram with my support for the Club and the 22 players who take the field tonight

Not trying to invalidate your experience, I just don't see much evidence of it being true in this case
My narrative is from experience
It's just as valid as everyone drinking the cool-ade about "everyone signed up and on-board"
I don't see any difference between 2020 and 2011
Again we have some generational players all together in the group
We do have a functional coaching/training setup and a much better administration, but if we fail to progress with this group then it's just deja vu
But no doubt all the players are just hunky dory at the Club
Thanks for your insight

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t have a good fta night game record
our last FTA game was a massive victory over the Crows

our last night FTA win was in Round 3 2016 54 point win over CARLTON. Since then we have had four night FTA matches.

This is our first ever FTA match against St Kilda and our first ever FTA match in primetime (our first true prime time match)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratten's all-time senior coaching record at Metricon:

9 May 2009
14th Fremantle 13.10 (88) def. 4th Carlton 11.15 (81)

25 August 2012
17th Gold Coast 15.8 (98) def. 9th Carlton 11.20 (86)
Pre-Game Odds: Carlton - $1.03, Gold Coast - $14.40

11 July 2020
16th Fremantle 12.7 (79) def. 4th St Kilda 11.7 (73)
Pre-Game Odds: St Kilda - $1.45, Fremantle - $2.71

Can we continue the curse tonight?

As per usual I question how when we have 15k members and a crowd cap of 5k or whatever it is why there are so many St Kilda fans here. There should be bugger all.
Fix it Suns Admin!!
They're probably suns members who were original st kilda fans.
Not like people from melbourne are visiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back