Review The Kingbowl - Round 10 vs St. Kilda @ Metricon (Thus 6/8/20 - 8:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

I will probably rest Day, Budarick and Holman, bring in Wright, Joyce and Flanders
Doubt Dew rests Budarick and Holman. You can tell buda is one of his favs and he loves Holman in the defensive forward role, although personally I’d drop. You give Sharp another crack, he showed enough and you don’t drop debutants after 1 game unless they really struggle.

We are basically the modern day SYD-WCE 2005-07 run, just on the wrong side.... just needed gary to carry us like he did in 2013

2018: GC 78 - 80 STK
2019: GC 84 - 85 STK
2019: GC 76 - 80 STK
2020: GC 74 - 78 STK

So just got home
Another ordinary night at Metricon.Full of dashed hope
I hope Peel67skin is interested in my comments despite the predicted loss occurring
I'll start with Powell
Really need to see before and after pics of him-he's really big across the shoulders now!
He looked great on the wing but got lost in defence and cost us a couple
Why was he in defence you ask?
Because our genius selectors played an 18yo kid named Sharp who was so far off the pace they had to hide him on the wing just to give him a run which unbalanced the setup
It should be noted both of St Kilda's last term goals came while Sharp was plodding along the outer wing trying to catch up to the ball
Obviously they see something in him but good god he looked slow and 20m off any ball involvement
Presumably the tan and long blonde hair makes him look the business
I was just having flashbacks to Matty Shaw
Fiorini or Brodie play instead we win- simple
Sam Day?yuk yuk yuk.I actually wondered if he was injured and hadn't come out after half time
2MP must be wondering why
Ben King looked great
Backline just seemed unsettled tonight-as mentioned it got rough when Will was rotated back there
Wittsy played a beauty.
Swallow was everywhere.
Touk busted everything to get us over the line and Lachie Weller is the best pick 2 we've ever had
Sean Lemmens did enough for a guy who hasn't played for a year-certainly gave something DMac didn't
Holman Day Sharp should have been nowhere near that team tonight
That game would have done nothing to help quieten any player rebellion that might be brewing

PS not sure how we snagged Collins but he is brilliant
PPS Harbs might go round again next year

Last edited:
A lot of the issues brought up week in week out centre around us not having a halfback.

Sharps a kid and looked lost tonight, selection commitee tried something that didnt work out at this moment in time. I think he goes straight back out and he probably should

Lets give Zac Williams a payday

Haha man some people need to calm down - you’d think we’re Adelaide the way some carry on.

- Great game
- Team full of the leagues best talent
- Just signed red Jesus for another 2 years
- snagged 3 brilliant players in Greenwood, Ellis and Collins
- Rankine is in his 5th game

Close losses won’t kill the confidence - the kid’s know the plan and they’re on track.

If the players dropped their bundle after a loss like some of us do, we’d be in a world of trouble.

Chin up - onward to next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thrilled by Luko’s improvement this year. Bites off more than he can chew sometimes but he’s going to be a star. You forget he’s still only a teenager too.
He is so smooth, I almost want to see him play some midfield. Has side steps and finds time and space like a mid

These close games... will turn into wins sooner rather than later.

This time last year, it was spankings. Big improvements have been made in a short amount of time. Gotta be proud of that.

10 games in and our percentage is 101%.........says it all really....

Doubt Dew rests Budarick and Holman. You can tell buda is one of his favs and he loves Holman in the defensive forward role, although personally I’d drop. You give Sharp another crack, he showed enough and you don’t drop debutants after 1 game unless they really struggle.
Think Budarick may be tired , if he was on Butler he had 4 kicked on him. If you are playing the defensive forward role you need to kick a goal now and then which Holman isn't doing . I actually worry about Ainsworth, for a super talent his goal scoring average is not high for a small forward

The fact that were in this means it's gonna break my heart even more when we lose again. fu**.

James Brayshaw IQ = 4
* I hate it when you're right.
He must be a genius
He went alright, Almost didn't even have to open the forum to get a look into the mind.
Exactly Hunter Clark was a dead set free outside 50 with a minute to go
Was right in front of us and yeah it was pretty obvious, Spewin they didn't give it.

My head hurts, my heart hurts and my voice hates me. Really really deserved to win that, Gutted.

Think Budarick may be tired , if he was on Butler he had 4 kicked on him. If you are playing the defensive forward role you need to kick a goal now and then which Holman isn't doing . I actually worry about Ainsworth, for a super talent his goal scoring average is not high for a small forward
Yeah budarick will need a rest sooner or late. It’s the one area you guys lack in at the moment, Geeze you would love to have saad. Small defender who can rebound, id be enquiring about Williams or Laird at end of the year. Ainsworth is a talent, I’d be just happy he’s getting continuity in games atm after constantly getting injured in the past. He played pretty well last week, once he gets another 20-30 games into him I feel he’ll take off. Not everyone can be a Rankine haha

So just got home
Another ordinary night at Metricon.Full of dashed hope
I hope Peel67skin is interested in my comments despite the predicted loss occurring
I'll start with Powell
Really need to see before and after pics of him-he's really big across the shoulders now!
He looked great on the wing but got lost in defence and cost us a couple
Why was he in defence you ask?
Because our genius selectors played an 18yo kid named Sharp who was so far off the pace they had to hide him on the wing just to give him a run which unbalanced the setup
It should be noted both of St Kilda's last term goals came while Sharp was plodding along the outer wing trying to catch up to the ball
Obviously they see something in him but good god he looked slow and 20m off any ball involvement
Presumably the tan and long blonde hair makes him look the business
I was just having flashbacks to Matty Shaw
Fiorini or Brodie play instead we win- simple
Sam Day?yuk yuk yuk.I actually wondered if he was injured and hadn't come out after half time
2MP must be wondering why
Ben King looked great
Backline just seemed unsettled tonight-as mentioned it got rough when Will was rotated back there
Wittsy played a beauty.
Swallow was everywhere.
Touk busted everything to get us over the line and Lachie Weller is the best pick 2 we've ever had
Sean Lemmens did enough for a guy who hasn't played for a year-certainly gave something DMac didn't
Holman Day Sharp should have been nowhere near that team tonight
That game would have done nothing to help quieten any player rebellion that might be brewing

PS not sure how we snagged Collins but he is brilliant
PPS Harbs might go round again next year
Collins is slow but he compensate with reading the flight of the ball well , best player for Werribee in VFL 2018 and WAFL Peel thunder 2017 and top 3 for Box Hill .

We just didn't cover them as they ran to the most dangerous places on the ground.

They took half chances
We stuffed up very gettable ones.

The miss from Day 20m out straight in front
The loopy left foot kick from Izak when King was all alone
100% a goal in St Kildas hands

Played well in patches but made critical basic mistakes
Pretty disappointing that loss

Charlie and Buda played poorly down back
Bowes was inconsequential
Sexton poor
Sharp can be excused in game one but looked to just jog around at times

We just didn't cover them as they ran to the most dangerous places on the ground.

They took half chances
We stuffed up very gettable ones.

The miss from Day 20m out straight in front
The loopy left foot kick from Izak when King was all alone
100% a goal in St Kildas hands

Played well in patches but made critical basic mistakes
Pretty disappointing that loss

Charlie and Buda played poorly down back
Bowes was inconsequential
Sexton poor
Sharp can be excused in game one but looked to just jog around at times
Not just Day but Sexton running in, Touk in the last, King missed a sitter mark in the first, then probably should have handballed it off when he was in the goal square (think it was early in the last?)

we kept on winning the clearances but just really couldn’t truly capitalise which unfortunately hurt us especially when we have up easy goals to them without true defensive pressure!

What a cracker game with heart breaking result for Suns.

Looking at websites, forums most people believe this was the best game of the season so far. So why am I reading here so much s*** about our team and players?

On 4 days break boys played with heart, brought great intensity, and beat well playing St Kilda in clearances, contested possessions, tackles, inside50.

Looking forward to watch Suns for many years. We got some unbelievable talent.

Time for break from this forum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back