Review The Kingbowl - Round 10 vs St. Kilda @ Metricon (Thus 6/8/20 - 8:10pm)

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Another player who played a great game was a bloke named Sammy Day
Great is probably hyperbole.
He had 4 marks which is more than most weeks for Sam.
Only 4 kicks, 1 point, 4 score involvements which is pretty mediocre for a forward.

He was fine, just marked a couple that we're used to him dropping.
The bar is low if that was a great game honestly.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Well I’m glad match committee don’t listen to myself or anyone else on this forum.
Will Powell had his best game yet.
The things that keep him in the team is the things we don’t see, but what he did last night showed why they have kept their faith in him .

Looked 10x better at half-forward.
Would leave him there and give Sexton/Holman a spell.

Still can’t wait to see Flanders unleashed up forward too.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was only able to see the first 15 minutes last night and was surprised to see it ended up so close - Saints looked a class above early. Our intent was obviously a lot better than last week Which is the number one thing I want to see every match. Bring that and we’re in every game. Seemed all doom and gloom going by a lot of the comments here, but the neutrals on the main board seemed to agree it was a super game and that we were pretty good so looking forward to seeing the replay.

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So why am I reading here so much s*** about our team and players?
Time for break from this forum.

Because I guess we lost- again
With a full list at our disposal
Having shown a bit in the first 3 games back
It seems like a re-run to most of us long timers
But you're probably right about a break from here-unless I see our best team on the ground every week I do get grumpy and I can't see that happening
I thought there was poor team selection and poor coaching last night

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
So far most of the Vic Media have gone with Moore/Weitering/Andrews but i have seen some with Collins in it which i'm very happy about. Alot of people asking why and tonight was prime example why. Also Haynes, Ridley, Maynard, Daniel, Byrne-Jones, Rampe, Sheppard are the other options but as everyone knows you can only fit 7 into the team. Hopefully Collins plays the whole year and make the AA with maybe Hugh and/or Touk

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
So far most of the Vic Media have gone with Moore/Weitering/Andrews but i have seen some with Collins in it which i'm very happy about. Alot of people asking why and tonight was prime example why. Also Haynes, Ridley, Maynard, Daniel, Byrne-Jones, Rampe, Sheppard are the other options but as everyone knows you can only fit 7 into the team. Hopefully Collins plays the whole year and make the AA with maybe Hugh and/or Touk
The back six (and bench) is gonna be SO difficult to pick

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What a cracker game with heart breaking result for Suns.

Looking at websites, forums most people believe this was the best game of the season so far. So why am I reading here so much s*** about our team and players?

On 4 days break boys played with heart, brought great intensity, and beat well playing St Kilda in clearances, contested possessions, tackles, inside50.

Looking forward to watch Suns for many years. We got some unbelievable talent.

Time for break from this forum.

Most of those people on forums and websites probably haven’t followed the suns for 10 years either..

it is ok for people to be disappointed not everyone is going to be happy all the time and it creates good debate..

saints man

Senior List
Mar 26, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great game last night. Suns have a lot to be excited about, was really looking forward to watching Rankine play last night, and he did not disappoint! We are going to have a lot of good games over the next couple of years. You guys have Rowell to come back in and the development of the other guns you have. We have a few players who didn't play well last night, you would think we trade in 2 more guns, our development of young boys and this is a bit cheeky, Max and Ben King playing in the same forward line (one can dream). Happy your club has gotten it right and Suns are starting to play competitive football and climb up the ladder. Garry Ablett jnr who?

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Most of those people on forums and websites probably haven’t followed the suns for 10 years either..

it is ok for people to be disappointed not everyone is going to be happy all the time and it creates good debate..
Sure, having different opinions, respectful criticism/discussion are great. Berating, f*** off players is not on.

Still pissed off. We let slip another one. This time Miller had it on his boot. 15 points would probably seal it for us. Too many easy goals for St Kilda. Actually, I am still very surprised how well we played after 4 days break. Compared that to dog breakfast presented by some other games.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Great game last night. Suns have a lot to be excited about, was really looking forward to watching Rankine play last night, and he did not disappoint! We are going to have a lot of good games over the next couple of years. You guys have Rowell to come back in and the development of the other guns you have. We have a few players who didn't play well last night, you would think we trade in 2 more guns, our development of young boys and this is a bit cheeky, Max and Ben King playing in the same forward line (one can dream). Happy your club has gotten it right and Suns are starting to play competitive football and climb up the ladder. Garry Ablett jnr who?
Wow- absolutely zero change Ben King will leave the Suns

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Sure, having different opinions, respectful criticism/discussion are great. Berating, f*** off players is not on.

Still pissed off. We let slip another one. This time Miller had it on his boot. 15 points would probably seal it for us. Too many easy goals for St Kilda. Actually, I am still very surprised how well we played after 4 days break. Compared that to dog breakfast presented by some other games.

Seeing the improvement in Touk this year I’m hoping he is able to get back to do another session with apiros team in the offseason

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Seeing the improvement in Touk this year I’m hoping he is able to get back to do another session with apiros team in the offseason

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Think someone said it a few pages back but there's a lot of Brisbane 2018 about this year. They finished with 5 wins at 89%, we're currently sitting at 4 wins at 101% - Stayed in most games but just kept marginally missing with 5 losses under 10 points and a number of losses within 4 goals.

Also last night Bowes should have been moved on ball. Wasn’t quick enough to chase down his man but his evasion in traffic is so good, as well as his disposal.

We’re a small/medium lockdown defender away from being a finals bound side

hope we offer Zac Williams good coin this offseason.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Observation from my lounge chair in Banchang watching the game, I thought some of our players after 9 games since the break, looked a little jaded or tired.
Can't fault their effort.
I don't normally comment on team selection or man management, but maybe we missed the boat here, especially after the Footy Frenzy schedule was announced.
The engine room (centre square) needs players at 100%. In Rd 5 we went in with Greenwood Miller Rowell and Swallow, and Rowell went down with his shoulder. In Rd6 we replaced him with Fiorini. In Rd7, Fiorini went out and Powell came back in who had been dropped for Rankine.
So for Rd7-10, we've had Greenwood Swallow Miller doing the bulk of the work with help from outside, whereas before Rd7, we had 4 A graders sharing the load.
From my observation, it's starting to tell. I don't think we can wait til our bye, which won't come for at least another 3 games, to rest both Dave and Hugh. Touk seems to be handling it OK.

As I said, I think we missed the boat and should have rotated earlier. Wanting to give 100% and actually being able to, are 2 different things.

Our percentage of 101% is an indication of how well we're going. I just think we could have been a bit better off.

We are basically the modern day SYD-WCE 2005-07 run, just on the wrong side.... just needed gary to carry us like he did in 2013

2018: GC 78 - 80 STK
2019: GC 84 - 85 STK
2019: GC 76 - 80 STK
2020: GC 74 - 78 STK

If Rowell was playing last night I guarantee you we would have won last night.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
If Rowell was playing last night I guarantee you we would have won last night.
I'm not usually one to be all like "If only we had so and so"

But man we'd be at least 2 extra wins to the good if he had Rowelly in there.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Every game we play against you blokes is a ripper, bookmark it as a thriller every year!

Love the way you go about it, have some tipping young lads. Collins, Swallow and Witts are all guns too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Stop being so nice.

I'm still salty about last night and want to hate you mob. ;)

You've got a good young team, Now get on with it and keep knocking off the rest of the constantly good Victorian teams we don't like so much.

Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Subiaco Lions
Still absolutely gutted.

Things that made me happy;

Lukosius - He is SERIOUSLY finding form right now. Man is he a player. I don't mind when he misses the odd risky corridor kick. I want him taking them. He is pure silk. His marking is getting better too.

Rankine -You. FREAK.

Collins - AA Form

Miller - Heart and soul of our club. Proves doubters wrong every year. Never goes a year without taking his game to the next level.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Still absolutely gutted.

Things that made me happy;

Lukosius - He is SERIOUSLY finding form right now. Man is he a player. I don't mind when he misses the odd risky corridor kick. I want him taking them. He is pure silk. His marking is getting better too.

Rankine -You. FREAK.

Collins - AA Form

Miller - Heart and soul of our club. Proves doubters wrong every year. Never goes a year without taking his game to the next level.
It will be interesting to see where he ends up in years to come.
There's a lot of early Goddard in him, but far more advanced at the same time of their careers. I don't think he'll have one position.
His composure in traffic has improved immensely.

Back