Review The Kingbowl - Round 10 vs St. Kilda @ Metricon (Thus 6/8/20 - 8:10pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite the loss, this feels the most sustained our team has ever been. Feels good at the moment!
Watched the replay last night. What a fantastic game. Could’ve gone either way. We were just unlucky to be behind at the final siren. Lots of positives and learnings for the group to come out of that.

The Sharp Hip injury revealed tonight might be a good explanation if it occurred early as to why he seemed like a Matt Shaw in this game
Still doesn't explain why they would put him on the ground at the crucial stage of the last quarter when the game was there to be won.
Ellis was benched
Did he come off and say"My hip's sore" or did they put him on with the sore hip or did they say at the end of the game"Are you ok mate?"
I mean he looked to be running ok to me, just mind bogglingly slow
He was actually running Jared Witts ruckman cheat lines in that last term and he still couldn't impact the contest
And the selection notes were it wasn't going to hamper his selection prospects going forward.
All very strange
I just reckon the coaching panel were stunned by his failure to get to the ball
I know I was because the one thing you expect from a gun mid 18yo recruit is leg speed
He looks really thick through the legs and hips to me-not built for speed-certainly not a winger, so we have to ask what his position will be ?

m
Still doesn't explain why they would put him on the ground at the crucial stage of the last quarter when the game was there to be won.
Ellis was benched
Did he come off and say"My hip's sore" or did they put him on with the sore hip or did they say at the end of the game"Are you ok mate?"
I mean he looked to be running ok to me, just mind bogglingly slow
He was actually running Jared Witts ruckman cheat lines in that last term and he still couldn't impact the contest
And the selection notes were it wasn't going to hamper his selection prospects going forward.
All very strange
I just reckon the coaching panel were stunned by his failure to get to the ball
I know I was because the one thing you expect from a gun mid 18yo recruit is leg speed
He looks really thick through the legs and hips to me-not built for speed-certainly not a winger, so we have to ask what his position will be ?
maybe he did injure himself and just wanted to carry on and play not say anything and that's why ne has to miss because he damaged it further?

m

maybe he did injure himself and just wanted to carry on and play not say anything and that's why ne has to miss because he damaged it further?
That's the best explanation for sure.
I didn't see him in the first half when by all accounts he did some okay things
So yes, maybe he didn't tell anyone when he did it, got put back out and they hooked him when he was going up and down in the one spot

m

My first thoughts are injured it early, but not really one of them ones that will get more severe if he played on. So kept using him for rotation purposes. Played roughly 60% game time.

I think people were way up on Sharp based on 2 pre season performances in games we were comfortably winning.
He came on at half time in both games and was really prominent, getting his hands on the ball a lot and booting it forward.

Completely different scenario to match day on a real AFL game.

Potential that Ridley doesn’t play
Hurley (managed) but is an emergency
Ridley apparently has cracked ribs so touch and go to get up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back