The kk Vs All In Dilemma

Remove this Banner Ad

They are only going to smell KK if you are such a nit that you only 3bet big pairs. And if that is the case, you should be far more worried about small pairs flatting you and stacking you when they hit a set.

Well there is always the risk of Someone with Low pocket's Flatting The raise and hitting the set,But you always try to find the right raise depending how Loose the player is To fold these hands,Saying that I think we all got done by those hands but depending on the players you can always get a read on them somehow if they manage to hit a set (e.g if they are tight or Loose players or gamblers etc.).

Back from a holiday, and this stuff goes down :rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought I multiquoted more posts but this will do for now.

Depends on the range ldo. Vs a range of just AA, KK and QQ, you should always call since you are exactly 50% vs that range, and the money already in will be more then the rake per hand.

I tend to call all 3bets these days when SPR's will be less then 3 or so (folding some ldo but never 4betting. But thats only against the smarter players in general.

I had someone bag me out for calling off $400 more effective with 7h5h into a $100 pot or so vs a maniacal monkey with 28o. The board was 235 fwiw. I lost the hand, but I was the fish ldo.

Raising around 1 hand in 10 is hardly nittery. I would guess that is something like 88+, ATs+, AJo and KQs. I know a lot of people that raise less then that that would be never known as nits.

As mentioned, you never mentioned nittery to start with.

This is pretty much spot on. Unless they have a PFR of something like 1 or so with a 3! of .4 or something its always a stackoff situation HU.

Against a range of AA-QQ its a snap call given dead money.

Also, I wouldnt 4bet in the first place vs a limp raise, just flat to flop a set, and by flop a set I mean call down like a fish with an overpair for stacks.

Pax wins internet again.

:thumbsu::thumbsu: I think you just found a Semi-cure.

A semi cure that is hugely -ev Plau with in your means and you wont be scared to stakc off with kings pre

That's why i called a "semi" Because if its 3bet and someone shoved all in I won't be able to smooth call it would i?So Some aspect of the dilemma remains (KK VS ALL IN) while other aspect can be tackled using this formula if you are unsure (2bet raise).

6/17/2011 6:10:35 PM PST (about 3 hours and 33 minutes ago) Folding Aces Preflop? Only At the Seniors Event

We overheard a few players discussing an extremely interesting hand that occurred earlier in Day 1 action. Apparently, one player was holding A A and faced a raise, a reraise and a four-bet shove in front of him. Normally this is the type of situation that poker players only dream about, but for this particular competitor in the Seniors Event, something just didn't feel right.

According to the dealer involved, the player showed her his pocket rockets before throwing them into the muck. His remaining opponents showed A A and Kx Kx between them and after a king-high flop, the other man holding the best starting hand in hold'em hit the rail with bad beat story to take home.

The player responsible for making the mother of all laydowns later told the dealer that "he knew he was up against aces and kings," so in his estimation "he had no outs" if a king hit, and was merely playing for a chop if has hand held up. While folding pocket aces before the flop may redefine the term "unconventional play," the move worked out for this brave soul and he loved to fight another day.

---------------------------------------

This guy has just out leveled everyone

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/muck-aa-preflop-you-betcha-1054436/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back