Society/Culture The KKK Victorian Police

Remove this Banner Ad

This garbage has basically summarised the knee jerk, hysteric responses from most Indian media outlets, and makes something like the HUN look by comparison like it's full of hard hitting journalists, but by no means was I actually claiming our media is decent.
Indeed.

Though I think media outlets here are very adept at fanning the flames.

I googled the man being set on fire story. Already a bunch of articles highlighting the fact the man may have been Indian and linking it to other recent events.

Just wait and see the s**t storm the same news outlets create when his nationality is confirmed but before other solid details emerge.

I googled the man being set on fire story. Already a bunch of articles highlighting the fact the man may have been Indian and linking it to other recent events.

Every one I've seen have done exactly that, the ABC followed onto this KKK story after three paragraphs of talking about the attack

We should really have a Media Regulator that stops this bullshit 'reporting'. Not just in this case, but in almost all cases the news drags things so out of proportion as to miss the point of a story just to catch people's attention.

I reckon if they disallowed advertising during the timeslot that it would go back to something resembling actual news.

This is a ****ing disgrace. First the whole of Australia is racist because of this attack, now the Vic police are racist because they said they don't know if the attack was racist?

#26 for murder, #56 for rape and #49 for assaults, per capita, which is the only figure that really counts.

Australia is #3 for rape! :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a ****ing disgrace. First the whole of Australia is racist because of this attack, now the Vic police are racist because they said they don't know if the attack was racist?
Of coarse, and because India would never be openly racist towards Aussies or anything they can take the moral high ground.

Oh wait, scratch that...

[youtube]OEtGOoGvXvI[/youtube]

The problem with statistics for a country like India is how many crimes are not reported or ignored by their police? How many Indian women would admit to being raped? Especially unmarried ones, their value in the wife marketplace would plummet to zero.

I should add Indians refer to Australians as 'white skins'. I assume they think everyone here looks like Brett Lee, seriously.

You can check things like policing and reporting rates on that site, i think, if you have the inclination (I don't, too bloody hot :p)

reported rape, we live in a country were rape victims can come forward and be protected..no stoned or shamed

India may not be perfect when it comes to human rights, but they are hardly on a par with Islamic neighbours to their west, especially when it comes to stonings.

The Jamaica one is surprising. Its a great place to trek through. All I came across were people offering food, rum and sex,

lol wut. Plenty of places you just dont go...

Much like most of the world, safe for a tourist but actually living in certain places of Kingston are not safe at all. Seen some different s**t over there. 10yr olds with handguns etc.

The problem with statistics for a country like India is how many crimes are not reported or ignored by their police? How many Indian women would admit to being raped? Especially unmarried ones, their value in the wife marketplace would plummet to zero.

not to mention the court system is pretty fugged up :/

as in there is a fair chance that you will die from natural causes (or unnatural causes) before the case is finished >,>

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/opinion/Corrupt+India+still+long/2421746/story.html

Ruchika Girhotra was an aspiring 14-year-old tennis player in August 1990 when she was sexually molested by the president of the provincial tennis association, senior police officer S.P.S. Rathore. On Dec. 21, 2009 (19 years later!) Rathore was convicted of the offence, sentenced to six months imprisonment with a $250 fine, but granted bail pending an appeal. In the meantime, Ruchika was expelled from her school attended also by Rathore’s daughter, subjected to vilification and harassment, and committed suicide on Dec. 28, 1993. Family members who pursued her case were repeatedly harassed and abused. Rathore, promoted to the top post in the state of Haryana and awarded the Police Medal for distinguished service (since stripped), retired in 2002.

reported rape, we live in a country were rape victims can come forward and be protected..no stoned or shamed

Assuming all women who are raped in Australia come forward is not exactly an exact science, either.

This whole thing bemuses me. The poor kid was in the Western Suburbs at night and waling through a park. I will be baffled if it's found that race is any sort of motive.

Absolute numbers and per capita are both misleading. The answer is somewhere inbetween.

If you live in a bigger city it is naturally more dangerous - there is more crime. So per capita understates the danger.

But there are more big cities so the crime is spread out, so absolute numbers overstate the danger.

Either way, India is a lot more violent and dangerous than Australia.

Also, if you looked at the number of Indian assaults as a proportion of total and compared against Indians as a percentage population, the amount is probably not significantly different, especially if you adjust for location and work.

Speaking of Columbians...

I have been living in a sharehouse with Columbian women the past feew months, and now realisze that I and another two guys had been getting ripped off, they were paying $90 per fortnight for these big rooms, and we were paying $240 and $280 respectively :eek:

With scams like that being a cultural thing, no wonder their murder rates are so high.

Anyways, I really hate this nonsense about colonialism. The amount of racist bile that is accepted under the gile of 'they were the imperialists so they can cop it' really shits me. In fact I can't stand it. The Indian media is no doubt playing on racist emotions from their people, as the Herald Sun does re Middle Easterns. However, instead of teaching about how much we have been victimized as a nation, re galipoli etc, in the West, we seem to learn about the bad things of Western existence, and if you ever do an arts degree, it can get driven down your throats ad nauseum (yet are these people supposed to be teaching Histroy creating myths aswell)... Not so over there, and that is the difference. China and India will be powerful countries, time to be able to self reflect and grow up... They need to accept criticism, and understand that their societies are far from perfect, there people just like the West, have racism in their own backyards.

The racist bile coming from the Indian media i just that...

I hope they catch the killers. I also hope it is proven not to be racially motivated for a variety of reasons.

India may not be perfect when it comes to human rights, but they are hardly on a par with Islamic neighbours to their west, especially when it comes to stonings.
There are 160 million Muslims in India - third highest population in the world. Rights of women in India are not great, and neither are rights of the lower castes. It's a very long way short of reasonable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back