The Ladder - "Stars Align for Bulldogs"

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just like Steve Bradbury winning Gold at the Winter Olympics, the Bulldogs have timed their run with little room for error, as Finals quickly approach.

With the final two spot in the Top 8 to be decided between Essendon, Adelaide, PortAdelaide, Hawthorn, Fremantle North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs, it would take a minor miracle for the latter four teams to sneak in for a finals birth. However, the Bulldogs may just do it, with epic '8-point games' on the horizon against the Dockers, Bombers and Crows in the final round.

Can they do it? Personally, I predict some clubs to fall around us with upsets looming and the 'Dogs coming home like Bradbury to collect the Cadbury...

We'll find a way to shoot ourselves in the face.

Oh, wait...we've already done that numerous times this season when we were favourites against the Suns, Carlton and the Saints last week!

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We'll find a way to shoot ourselves in the face.

Oh, wait...we've already done that numerous times this season when we were favourites against the Suns, Carlton and the Saints last week!
Being favorites or underdogs is irrelevant. Each week less than 5/9 of the bookies favorites win. The competition is even and you have to be at your best to win. We have it in us and hopefully will be the shooter, not the shot.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just like Steve Bradbury winning Gold at the Winter Olympics, the Bulldogs have timed their run with little room for error, as Finals quickly approach.

With the final two spot in the Top 8 to be decided between Essendon, Adelaide, PortAdelaide, Hawthorn, Fremantle North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs, it would take a minor miracle for the latter four teams to sneak in for a finals birth. However, the Bulldogs may just do it, with epic '8-point games' on the horizon against the Dockers, Bombers and Crows in the final round.

Can they do it? Personally, I predict some clubs to fall around us with upsets looming and the 'Dogs coming home like Bradbury to collect the Cadbury...
You’re a dreamer mate

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Being favorites or underdogs is irrelevant. Each week less than 5/9 of the bookies favorites win. The competition is even and you have to be at your best to win. We have it in us and hopefully will be the shooter, not the shot.
It would be a beautiful thing if this post was remotely accurate. If the majority of bookies outsiders really did win every week, it's be so easy to blindly back them all and never have to work again. If only life was really that simple.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think after the results today we are a pretty reasonable chance to end up 8th after the H&A games.
Certainly increased our chances somewhat although we still need to win 3 of 5 bare minimum (4 preferably). GWS beating Port tonight would be another helpful result.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think after the results today we are a pretty reasonable chance to end up 8th after the H&A games.
The problem is we have a tough draw. The upside is that we play Freo, Essendon and Adelaide, all of whom are vying for the last two spots, so it’s somewhat in our hands. Brisbane and GWS away is not great.

Suspect we will seriously lament those stupid losses.

The problem is we have a tough draw. The upside is that we play Freo, Essendon and Adelaide, all of whom are vying for the last two spots, so it’s somewhat in our hands. Brisbane and GWS away is not great.

Suspect we will seriously lament those stupid losses.
Yes...we should have a top 8 spot all but sown up already. Win 3 of 5 and we are a big show though. Win 4 and we are a certainty.

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
A team with losses to Carlton, Saints and Gold Coast do not play finals. Even if some miracle happens we don't win a final

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
Yes...we should have a top 8 spot all but sown up already. Win 3 of 5 and we are a big show though. Win 4 and we are a certainty.
I think we need to win 4 and that must include the last against Adelaide and the game against Essendon as well. If we lose either of those then I don’t think we make it with our poor percentage. We have to win tomorrow and limit any more losses to only 1 against either Brisbane or GWS.

It’s not just the stupid losses, our percentage is crap which means we have to be a game in front of the rest of the pack. We can’t rely on being equal on wins.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think we need to win 4 and that must include the last against Adelaide and the game against Essendon as well. If we lose either of those then I don’t think we make it with our poor percentage. We have to win tomorrow and limit any more losses to only 1 against either Brisbane or GWS.

It’s not just the stupid losses, our percentage is crap which means we have to be a game in front of the rest of the pack. We can’t rely on being equal on wins.
We’re likely to be very dependent on other results. Happily Adelaide and Port can’t be relied on for anything at the moment and Essendon have been good but are probably due a few losses.

Knock off Adelaide and Essendon and we go a long way.

Lose to Freo and it’ll be terrible.

Back