The Ladder - "Stars Align for Bulldogs"

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not the despair, Bevo. I can stand the despair. It’s the hope!

Taking my son to the game tomorrow. If you see a seven year old trying to comfort his sulking dad when Fyfe kicks his fifth goal from a crazy, unnecessary turnover kick across the back line you’ll know who it is.

Hope. Hope you say!

I have so much of it that Im going to see Apocalypse Now on the big screen at the Sun Theatre in Yarraville whilst the game is on tomorrow.

Hope. Hope you say!

I have so much of it that Im going to see Apocalypse Now on the big screen at the Sun Theatre in Yarraville whilst the game is on tomorrow.

Well I’m going to give my son another lesson in how life kicks you in the teeth. Probably be less confronting to watch Apocalypse Now than what he’ll see tomorrow tbh.

Incidentally, Freo are about $2.60 tomorrow - no brainer bet. Gamble responsibly everyone, but I’ll be chucking a few bucks on to mitigate the likely pain of chucking another four points away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The supporters of this club are as pathetic as some of the team's losses

Pretty sure most of it is tongue in cheek.

Nobody wants us to lose to an inferior team at home, we’re just used to it. It’s happened four times this year already, so some of us have some defence mechanisms in place.

If by chance the higher ranked side on the ladder wins all games from here on in- excluding our games- we can afford to drop one match and it doesn't matter who against.
Theoretically means we should be more likely to make finals than not imo, but I'm still very skeptical

If by chance the higher ranked side on the ladder wins all games from here on in- excluding our games- we can afford to drop one match and it doesn't matter who against.
Theoretically means we should be more likely to make finals than not imo, but I'm still very skeptical

When was the last time we seized an opportunity to win a game we had to (excluding finals)? Been a while.

The ladder predictor has produced this dream scenario for us from 8th

Week 1 we eliminate the Pies
Week 2 we eliminate the Cats (at the G👍)
Week 3 the tiges
And then we account for the plucky Lions in the GF

Predicated on winning all but one of our remaining matches (lose to Gws) and then the tiges doing us a solid and beating wc in perth in week 1 meaning we get to eliminate the cats in straight sets in week 2 after they lose to GWS in week 1.

Doesnt seem like too much to ask.

Port, Cats, Melb. They were pretty important. Had to win those otherwise we wouldn’t be able to whinge about the saints game killing our season.

True, but I mean a Bradbury game where the sides in front of us all fall over and give us a golden opportunity to jump up, still, I get that we had to win those three otherwise we would've been screwed.

True, but I mean a Bradbury game where the sides in front of us all fall over and give us a golden opportunity to jump up, still, I get that we had to win those three otherwise we would've been screwed.

It’s a golden opportunity but would’ve been even more rewarding had we beaten the saints last week. A win today could’ve had us in the top 8 at the end of the round 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back