The Ladder - "Stars Align for Bulldogs"

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A team with losses to Carlton, Saints and Gold Coast do not play finals. Even if some miracle happens we don't win a final
By that rationale, a team that beats Geelong, Brisbane and GWS wins the premiership.

Our best is good enough, our worst, not so. Like most teams. The challenge is making it and then peaking at the right time. We are in the mix and you'd think supporters would identify with our recent history and the power of hope and belief. Get on board to build strength rather than dismiss our chances!

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
It’s a golden opportunity but would’ve been even more rewarding had we beaten the saints last week. A win today could’ve had us in the top 8 at the end of the round 😢

Not could’ve it would have.

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s a golden opportunity but would’ve been even more rewarding had we beaten the saints last week. A win today could’ve had us in the top 8 at the end of the round 😢
We can only control what's ahead and destiny is in our hands now. Back us in.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The ladder predictor has produced this dream scenario for us from 8th

Week 1 we eliminate the Pies
Week 2 we eliminate the Cats (at the G👍)
Week 3 the tiges
And then we account for the plucky Lions in the GF

Predicated on winning all but one of our remaining matches (lose to Gws) and then the tiges doing us a solid and beating wc in perth in week 1 meaning we get to eliminate the cats in straight sets in week 2 after they lose to GWS in week 1.

Doesnt seem like too much to ask.
Just change that to us beating GWS in the granny. 2 reasons - one it'd be more satisfying, two I win $1K off a $5 bet (if we play each other in the GF regardless of who wins) :D

Now for the Lions!...
0FF7448D-8DAC-41A5-9720-360C00927376.gif

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have beat them once...
To be fair Whorethorn should have beaten them. They outplayed them for over two and a half quarters but couldn't kick straight. Norf could have beaten them if not for dodgy umpiring

They're a team with stuff all injuries which is propping them up more than people think .. they're decent but they're not a top 2 or 3 side

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Yeah but if we can’t beat St Kilda, we aren’t beating Lions away or Giants

I say we call the club today and tell them to ring Gil and say we forfeit our last four matches and then get the playing group to hop on a plane to Vegas this afternoon, so they're hitting the Blackjack tables by the middle of the week.

I think after the results today we are a pretty reasonable chance to end up 8th after the H&A games.
Yep - helps that Adelaide have fallen in a massive hole too.

Likely that the last round is basically an elimination final to see who takes 8th spot.

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
would we be better off playing the crows at the rat or at marvel? I think we can smash them regardless they look all out of sorts

ExRoyboy

Premiership Player
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz
would we be better off playing the crows at the rat or at marvel? I think we can smash them regardless they look all out of sorts
Much better playing them at Marvel.... I think we would win comfortably if it was there but we haven’t traditionally played that well at Ballarat. This is one game where I sort of wish we didn’t have to do this, but could really take advantage of our home ground.

Will be interesting if we have to win to make the finals and it plays out badly, how that will be viewed by the members

Collingwood and Adelaide are looking pretty suspect at the moment as both have only won 1 out of their last 5 games. Brisbane could be due for an unexpected loss against us.

Mattie2016

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With four games remaining, we need to win one more than Adelaide to make finals. Adelaide play St Kilda (W), West Coast (L), Collingwood (W) and then us!

We play Brisbane (?), Essendon (W), GWS (?) and then Adelaide. If we convert one win out of either of the question marks, it will come down to defeating the crows in Ballarat to strike gold. Eureka!

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With four games remaining, we need to win one more than Adelaide to make finals. Adelaide play St Kilda (W), West Coast (L), Collingwood (W) and then us!

We play Brisbane (?), Essendon (W), GWS (?) and then Adelaide. If we convert one win out of either of the question marks, it will come down to defeating the crows in Ballarat to strike gold. Eureka!
Adelaide not traveling at all well at present. Reckon they're 50/50 v StK and outsiders v Collingwood.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t think the Saints are any chance of making it
Played around with the calculator and in one scenario they got there, but yeah not likely.

Basically we need Adelaide to continue to falter. Although on my predictions it worked out better if Saints lost this weekend because their draw after was easy.

It’s exciting but it’ll only take one flogging to burst our bubble.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I still think we need to win every game as I think the Saints are a chance to win their last 4

Chances are the Rat will be so cold, it'll be a race to score before hypothermia and frostbite sets in. It'll be last man standing stuff.

Back