May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Brisbane Lions welcome the Lamberts

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-09-07/lions-welcome-lamberts

Craig Lambert will return to the Brisbane Lions as Strategy and Retention Manager
, alongside wife Melissa who will work as Player Welfare Manager.

Lambert played 96 of his 219 senior games for Brisbane and was a Club Champion winner at both the Lions and Richmond.

The 46-year-old served as an assistant coach under Leigh Matthews during the Premiership years, when he was highly regarded for his work and development and welfare areas.

He has been working at Greater Western Sydney as Player Welfare Manager, with Melissa also employed in the welfare department.

They have been credited with playing a major role embedding a strong culture at the fledgling club.

Brisbane Lions CEO Greg Swann welcomed the Lamberts.

“Craig and Melissa have a reputation for being the best at what they do in the welfare space,” said Swann.

“It’s an area we have identified as needing to improve and we believe the work done by the Lamberts here in Brisbane, and then in recent years at GWS, shows they are a perfect fit for our Club right now.”

The Lamberts will start at the Brisbane Lions later this week.

Last edited:
tumblr_mbdotpm7N91r079cq.gif

Thank god.... really is massive for our club. Will he try and move Redden back to the Lions, or will he start to build a raport with the younger blokes straight away. Interesting times ahead.

leo-relief-gif.gif

A pair we have missed and needed for a long time now. Very, very happy to have them back with the Lions.

The sad thing is (and I don't want to spoil the celebratory mood of the thread)... if we just had the vision to offer Mel Lambert a role to begin with, they probably would have been here all along. Wonder how much collateral damage could have been avoided.

Ah well, back to the party.

For those in the "wanting to keep Reddo" camp - this news changes the situation a lot. Reddo and Lambert were very close when Craig was previously at the club. Don't be surprised if Jack backflips

Fantastic news. Surely we can all agree on this one! lol.

I would suggest Jack would have been aware of the Lamberts return whilst tossing up his decision, I dare say Rocky would have used that in an effort to keep him, making it official may increase the chances though!?.

I really think Redden backflipping, which I really feel is possible, would be the first feather in his retention cap!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I love about this is how quick things are happening. Lets hope more positive things keep coming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sad thing is (and I don't want to spoil the celebratory mood of the thread)... if we just had the vision to offer Mel Lambert a role to begin with, they probably would have been here all along. Wonder how much collateral damage could have been avoided.

I guess we'll never know. I'd be confident it would have been managed a hell of a lot better had the Lamberts been there but we'll drive ourselves nuts if we dwell on the things the Lions should have done in the past. The list is simply too long.

If there's any positive to take from the whole mess at least any admin the Lions have will have learned player welfare and retention is an area where we simply can't go cheap or cut corners. Getting them back is a huge win for the club.

Another thing to hang on the previous administration(s).

Worst kept secret haha - but fantastic news in what surely must but one of the most crucial areas for the club moving forward.

Great win on the weekend.

I passed the bar practice course, pre-course exams,

and the Lamberts are back.

It's all coming up Millhouse.
Well done surely. Is that the equivalent of our readers' course (Vic bar).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back