Remove this Banner Ad

bigman

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2004
All Parts
AFL Club
Adelaide
The season is on the downhill slope.

it’s time to set our sights on next year and make appropriate changes where required

i think we need a tagger. On another thread I suggested Ned to be that person. He can run all day. He is a serial
Pest and works well in close. He could take guys like Walsh butters parish Neale etc Let’s try this for the next 5 weeks

our backline is starting to come together lets get Murray back and play billy at chb to see if he can play there This is his last chance saloon. Murray butts brown smith Milera Parnell hamill and possibly hinge are going to form a strong defence in 2022 and beyond.

I would let kelly leave for team balance and I worry about talias injury. He must be treated with respect however

I would bring in Strauchnie and let him partner rob. He has been our best player in the SANFL and deserves his chance. They can change him off the bench and give Rob a rest which he needs. Lets see if the two ruck policy can work.

I cannot see cook gollant and Mcasey making the team for the rest of the yearnat this stage. Their SANFL form does not yet demand it but I like the way they are developing cook especially but they would be in my team Next year if form Continues its upward curve

I would ensure that at every centre square bounce one of Harry and berry are present as well as Ned if tagging Sloane and keays can spend a little
More time up forward. My only concern is that berrys form has begun to taper.

with the imminent return of crouch Mackay must be omitted. He has been in the side for his experience but with crouches and lunches return this is no longer required

I would prefer our stopper to be attack minded as well - which is why I was impressed with Schoeys output.

Give Harry the next 5 games as stopper and see how that works while learning how to find spots for when he becomes an attacking mid himself

Instead of partnering Strauchan I would play him for 1-2 games on his own. A rest for RoB and a reminder of who is waiting if he slows down

I agree Mackays days must be numbered - Crouch in Sloane to take Mackays spot - we CANNOT run Sloane, Laird , Keays and Crouch in the midfield at 80%

Well, we do have a critical game in round 23 ... no way we drop the Mackster for that :grimacing:

Actually, on some tv show with a woman and a coupla blokes last night, they mentioned if the season went to pot due to covid, a possibility might be set the P-table according to results of each club playing every other club once, where we would finish with pick 3.

I would prefer our stopper to be attack minded as well - which is why I was impressed with Schoeys output.

Give Harry the next 5 games as stopper and see how that works while learning how to find spots for when he becomes an attacking mid himself

Instead of partnering Strauchan I would play him for 1-2 games on his own. A rest for RoB and a reminder of who is waiting if he slows down

I agree Mackays days must be numbered - Crouch in Sloane to take Mackays spot - we CANNOT run Sloane, Laird , Keays and Crouch in the midfield at 80%
I think Keays has the best set of tools to be a stopper / tagger going forward. He is physically big enough, gut runs all day and is hard in the tackle and can hurt players on the scoreboard.

Surely McAsey is in the mix if a defensive role becomes free? What are we doing here?

The season is on the downhill slope.

our backline is starting to come together lets get Murray back and play billy at chb to see if he can play there This is his last chance saloon. Murray butts brown smith Milera Parnell hamill and possibly hinge are going to form a strong defence in 2022 and beyond.
QUOTE]

Doedee?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we roll with our oldest possible side. Crouch in for Berry - see you next year Sam.

How deflating would it be if next week it's Mackay and Crouch in for Berry and Sholl/Hamill/McPherson. We know Matt is a given, I just hope Dmac doesn't return and it would be great if Sloane went for surgery, or if not, he plays forward in place of Murphy. Obviously Murray and Thilthorpe for Billy and Berg.

Must get midfield minutes into our next generation midfield....

Trial playing Billy down back, more games into Worrell

Lets also see how Sloane plays HF, he can take a good overhead mark, he is not a bad set shot and he can add some aggression up forward

I wouldn't mind seeing Hamill on the wing, and Ben Davis get a couple more games across HB

I would also stop playing Hately at all levels, he has played injured all year with sore hips and groins

Get him on a progra. To strengthen his core ro get him ready for pre-season

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What we really need to do is to win these games at all costs. Forget planning for the future. If we finish 12th, anything can happen from there, so it is an absolute must.
We are finally starting to get the band back together, and it's just a matter of time before we hit peak form now.

With M Crouch back in the midfield and Mackay back on the wing, we finally have our preferred midfield rotations with ROB, Laird, Keays, Crouch, Sloane, Seedsman and Mackay. Beautiful stuff. Add in Lynch and Tex forward and we are almost back to the perfect team. If they all hit form at the right time, we should be good to go!! Brilliant. Disappointingly, the AFL turned down our request to re-activate Gibbs on our list.

I think Keays has the best set of tools to be a stopper / tagger going forward. He is physically big enough, gut runs all day and is hard in the tackle and can hurt players on the scoreboard.
I agree with you that Keays would be a good tagger. But is his ability to extract the ball in tight too valuable to lose at this stage? Once we have more constructive mids, he might be a great shutdown player.
Ned would be a good tagger as well and might help him develop by playing on a gun each week. Thoughts?

Play Frampton, Davis and bring back Thilthorpe. Rest Sloane for at least 1 game.
Benny Davis, and I'm sure he's a great bloke, but he hasn't demanded a position in the AFL team and he's 24.

Unfortunately, it's time to move on. We need to move past our nice guy list management decisions of the past with players like CEY, Shaw, Brodie Martin.

What we really need to do is to win these games at all costs. Forget planning for the future. If we finish 12th, anything can happen from there, so it is an absolute must.
We are finally starting to get the band back together, and it's just a matter of time before we hit peak form now.

With M Crouch back in the midfield and Mackay back on the wing, we finally have our preferred midfield rotations with ROB, Laird, Keays, Crouch, Sloane, Seedsman and Mackay. Beautiful stuff. Add in Lynch and Tex forward and we are almost back to the perfect team. If they all hit form at the right time, we should be good to go!! Brilliant. Disappointingly, the AFL turned down our request to re-activate Gibbs on our list.
Talia might be back soon too. As long as we are a mathematical chance of making finals, we should be pushing for it at all costs. We know our best is good enough, we just need to play it for longer. We could do some serious damage in the finals if we can just get there.

I agree with you that Keays would be a good tagger. But is his ability to extract the ball in tight too valuable to lose at this stage? Once we have more constructive mids, he might be a great shutdown player.
Ned would be a good tagger as well and might help him develop by playing on a gun each week. Thoughts?
aye..thats what i was meaning exactly. Once we have our midfield set with the likes of Pedlar, Shoenberg and the top end mid we take this year fingers crossed + berry and one or 2 others, Keays then settles into the role of lockdown mid

w-pinterest-com-pin-355080751845810476-jpg.1178907

nun-caning-gif.1189543

Remove this Banner Ad

Back