" The Last Dance "

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparison posts and discussion regarding Michael Jordan vs Lebron/Lebrone James are now contained here

WELCOME TO THE LAST DANCE

last-dance.jpg

Last edited:
One question: I had just always assumed Jordan's baseball career flopped and fizzled out but they framed it here that after a rough patch in the middle he finished the 1994 season pretty strongly and was a good chance to play in the majors, only to walk away from it because of the MLB strike and him not wanting to be used as a filthy scab player. Which is closer to the truth?

My opinion is that what he did was amazing for a guy who didn't play baseball for 15 (?) years, but was probably never going to make it to the big leagues.

One question: I had just always assumed Jordan's baseball career flopped and fizzled out but they framed it here that after a rough patch in the middle he finished the 1994 season pretty strongly and was a good chance to play in the majors, only to walk away from it because of the MLB strike and him not wanting to be used as a filthy scab player. Which is closer to the truth?
Plenty of those in the know over there, reckon that with more time, he would have made it to the MLB.

I don't think Jordan was very convincing in telling the pizza story, he seemed to freeze up and was speaking very carefully trying to make sure he got the story right.

The series proved he made up some of the drama to give him extra motivation and maybe it was just a case of the body breaking down with the fatigue of playing a full season plus the alcohol and smoking he did that night.

Saying it was food poisoning instead of the flu makes it seem like he was superman.

Understandable. Everyone knows Kerr because he is the Warriors coach, but he played 10 years in Chicago/San Antonio (one year in Portland in there) and started one game. In 3 playoff runs with the Spurs he averaged about 8 minutes and 3 points a game. I reckon a few people watching The Last Dance learned for the first time that he is an ex player.

The show was great entertainment, but Jordan, Jackson and Kerr are the only ones to come out of it without a slight against their name.

Jordan was able to have the last word on everything.

And without Pippen, they're lucky to win 1 championship let alone 6. One was less effective without the other. I don't think this is really communicated well to the viewer. I suppose we shouldn't expect it too considering it was a show about MJ.

Anyway, looking forward to the Tom Brady docoseries. I don't think we'll get the footage that the Last Dance provided, but I've got more interest in the Brady series considering he's an athlete still plying his craft

Just finished watching it. No way I could do two episodes a week so I didnt watch it until all episodes were out and then I binged the fu** out of it.

Incredible documentary.

GOAT.

What do you make of claims that Pippen is unhappy with the way he’s portrayed? Storm meets teacup?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you make of claims that Pippen is unhappy with the way he’s portrayed? Storm meets teacup?
I dont know, Pippen has been very silent since it came out and if I'm honest, he didnt get portrayed super well in the series. They focused on his mistakes and short comings in some moments rather than his immense contribution to winning 6 championships. I felt for him.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show but what is going on with Jordan's yellow, bloodshot eyes?
Does he have some sort of sickness?

I'm sure if you asked him he'd say it's the result of being extremely competitive.

The logic in me says he must be in poor health. Liver / alcohol.

Conspiracy theorist may suggest the timing of him agreeing to sit down and do this series may have had a specific related trigger.

For all the negativity around Pippen, I could listen to him talk about anything.

He's montone yet engaging at the same time

I don't think Jordan was very convincing in telling the pizza story, he seemed to freeze up and was speaking very carefully trying to make sure he got the story right.

The series proved he made up some of the drama to give him extra motivation and maybe it was just a case of the body breaking down with the fatigue of playing a full season plus the alcohol and smoking he did that night.

Saying it was food poisoning instead of the flu makes it seem like he was superman.

Yeah nothing about that story really made sense

5 guys delivering a pizza? Unless the trainer specifically said - "One pizza for Michael Jordan please" there would be no need for 5 guys to come

And without Pippen, they're lucky to win 1 championship let alone 6. One was less effective without the other. I don't think this is really communicated well to the viewer. I suppose we shouldn't expect it too considering it was a show about MJ.

Just my opinion but I think they still win 2-3 in the 90's without Pippen.

I think Jordan did say in one episode that Pippen was his best team mate and he doesn't achieve what he did without him.

I'm sure if you asked him he'd say it's the result of being extremely competitive.

The logic in me says he must be in poor health. Liver / alcohol.

Conspiracy theorist may suggest the timing of him agreeing to sit down and do this series may have had a specific related trigger.

The trigger was LeBron winning a championship in Cleveland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back