PS4 The Last Guardian

Remove this Banner Ad

The Last Guardian is going to be coming out later this year (Q4), and I for one cant wait. From developer SCE and the ICO team, whos previous titles are ICO and Shadow of the Colossus (which is the best games I have ever played, and my personal favourite), im hoping it follows the trend of those two games and is not only beautifully made, and has a great story, but is a game that you can get very much into emotionally. Judging by the trailer that was released at E3, it looks like it will.

Details of the story are very vague so far, so im only going off what I have read in some previews, and a few videos.

You are in control of a little boy, who brings along an eagle like creature on whatever he is doing . In game, you can always interact with the eagle. There is a level of care involved in it as well. Helping it when it gets injured, and feeding it.
The game itself has stage puzzles as a major aspect of it, as well as the growth and development of the relationship between the boy and the eagle.
Contrary to what you would expect in a game that involves two companions on a journey, you are not in direct control of the eagle. While you can tell it to do things, it acts as a living creature, making its own decisions. For example, if you want it to stay in one spot so you can scale a wall, it may move around.

While this sort of game might not be for everyone, it is probably the game I am most looking forward to this year.

[YOUTUBE]Fov34AbNOZY[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]EHzHoMT5eRg[/YOUTUBE]

I really don't expect it to come out this year. With all the other titles Sony have currently coming out or already out this year I can see this one being pushed to the first 3 months of 2012.

Very much looking forward to it still. Really looking forward to the HD remakes of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus as well, which I am maybe looking forward to more considering it's 2 full games on 1 disc, 2 of the best games of all time at that too.

Roger Ebert can get ****ed if he doesn't think these games are art!

Thats what I am dreading as well. When it was first announced it was pegged for a late 2010 release. Then it got put back a whole year.
If it is in the first few months of 2012 I will be fine with that. Once it gets later on in the year is when it starts to get annoying.

In regard to ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, I am with you completely. Its going to be so good going back to them in HD.

I really don't expect it to come out this year. With all the other titles Sony have currently coming out or already out this year I can see this one being pushed to the first 3 months of 2012.
Looking like at the very least it'll be 2012 now.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ian-and-icoshadow-of-the-colossus-collection/
Here are a few words from The Last Guardian Director/Game Designer, Fumito Ueda:

I announced at last year’s Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011.

However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfill First Party Studio’s obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing.

All the members of my production team are working together at a fast pace to develop and release the game in First Party Studio quality.

I sincerely apologize to all the customers who have been waiting for “The Last Guardian” for so long, but I beg for your patience. I will also announce the new release timing at a later time.

For some reason i reckon we will see something at E3.

There a re a lot of people hanging for this so i hope we do hear or see something soon.

For some reason i reckon we will see something at E3.

There a re a lot of people hanging for this so i hope we do hear or see something soon.
There will definitely be something as Sony will want to start pumping it up about 6+ months out from release. But I still fully expect a 2012 release (otherwise it'll just hurt this and the other PS3 exclusive titles).

Yeah, that's pretty much sealed it to be a 2012 release. I guess we will have to be patient :(. But I suppose its alright, im sure no one wants the game to be released without it being as good as it can be.

Yeah, that's pretty much sealed it to be a 2012 release. I guess we will have to be patient :(. But I suppose its alright, im sure no one wants the game to be released without it being as good as it can be.
GT5 anyone, it's sounding more and more like it will be a 2013-2014 release.

Doesn't sound like good news :(

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/08/09/report-the-last-guardian-trademark-abandoned

Listings suggest that the trademark for Sony’s long-in-development The Last Guardianhas become “abandoned.” According to a status update on Trademarkia, “On Monday, August 6, 2012, status on the The Last Guardian trademark changed to Abandoned - No Statement of Use Filed.”

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/08/09/report-the-last-guardian-trademark-abandoned

I thought it was made.
So did I. Or at least close to completion. Once Fumito Ueda left I was worried about it though. Sucks big time if it really is abandoned.

So did I. Or at least close to completion. Once Fumito Ueda left I was worried about it though. Sucks big time if it really is abandoned.

Sure does.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were never going to ditch it.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Trademark (and thus name) dropping is because there were thoughts that The Last Guardian and The Last of Us were too similar (or would've brought too many 'is this a sequel to that?' questions) and now The Last Guardian has had a name change.

Tokyo Game Show is next month, maybe we will get a better update then.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/sony-loves-that-people-are-still-interested-in-the-last-guardian?utm_campaign=ign main twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The Last Guardian – the PlayStation-exclusive title from Team ICO which has now been in development for some eight years – is still “absolutely in the mix” at Sony, according to Scott Rohde, one of the men in charge of Sony’s roster of fully-owned studios.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/sony-loves-that-people-are-still-interested-in-the-last-guardian?utm_campaign=ign main twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

frnXxyM.gif

For all those complaining about Don Bradman not having a release date, you will never feel pain like this wait :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back