Streaming The Last of Us (HBO)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Unsure if there is a thread for this, but it's coming early next year, those familiar with the game will know what potential this has. Possibly the greatest console game to be released. For those unfamiliar with the game it's an infection type scenario, infected, gangs, abandoned cities etc... As far as I'm aware it's based off the first game. Could easily have a 2nd season and if it succeeds I'd say it's likley. Have high hopes. Hopefully it's a ripper

300280361_2178837282295641_3627931817250739613_n.jpg

Couple screen grabs from the game

the-last-of-us-2-the-last-of-us-the-last-of-us-part-ii-ellie-play-station-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

PREVIEW_SCREENSHOT6_426879.jpg

This may sound weird but I watch clips from the game on YouTube all the time, something about it that smooths my mind. I played both games and my wife sat next to me the entire time just to watch the story line. She hates games but loved this...

Also Pedro Pascal as Joel is a great choice.

Ill watch because i will be too curious not to, but I hold the games and performances in them in such high regard I dont think they can do it justice. Troy and Ashley were just about perfect in the roles. Pascal isnt a bad actor but he hasnt impressed me greatly in anything either. My main concern is they will get too political with the show and become a commentary on itself through the lens of current political issues rather than focusing on the characters and exploration of human nature that the game was about.

And that's why the hiring of a guy like Pascal for this role might mean that your concerns about it getting too political might have some validity.
Im worried that characters in the show will start discussing the morality of what Joel does, like you see fans discuss it on the net do and make it the focus of the show. The characters need to be first and foremost, just like the game.

As for Pascal, well I realise im being like the books were better crowd but I dont think he can match Bakers performance, he killed it and will always be the real Joel to me, unless they somehow got Christian Bale to do it. Brolin definitely could have pulled it off as well.

Last edited:
Seeing a lot of doubts and negativity on social media about how the show will deliver. Think people need to lower there expectations on how this wont be as perfect as the game.

Will be interesting. Being HBO I'm guessing this is probably the most expensive attempt at a TV product based on a video game, certainly the most prestigious.

Feels like it might be a few years too late on the zombie theme (yes yes, I know, they're not zombies they're clickers/infected lol). As long as it more "The Road" and less "Walking Dead" it should be at least watchable I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting. Being HBO I'm guessing this is probably the most expensive attempt at a TV product based on a video game, certainly the most prestigious.

Feels like it might be a few years too late on the zombie theme (yes yes, I know, they're not zombies they're clickers/infected lol). As long as it more "The Road" and less "Walking Dead" it should be at least watchable I reckon.
If it can have short seasons, no filler episodes it may do ok.

While most people are "exhausted" from the walking dead, The Last of Us, from what I can remember will be showing the early stages of infection. I enjoyed the first season or so of Fear The Walking Dead.

If it can have short seasons, no filler episodes it may do ok.

While most people are "exhausted" from the walking dead, The Last of Us, from what I can remember will be showing the early stages of infection. I enjoyed the first season or so of Fear The Walking Dead.
Only if they deviate quite a bit from the game. The game opened with the infection kicking off but it was literally only the first 10 minutes, then it jumps to 20 odd years later for the rest.

My guess is we'll get a flashback or 2 for the show but that'll be it.

Clicker sounds on point.
Yep. Pretty awesome actually how much imagery and aesthetic they've lifted straight from the game, I thought they'd change it up a bit for tv.

One thing I'm struggling with a bit from that trailer is Bella Ramsey, can't really see her as Ellie at all (whereas Pedro Pascal looks pretty on point as Joel). Sure it'll be fine though, she's a cracking little actor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back