PS5 The Last of Us Part 1 - rebuilt from the ground up for PS5 and PC - 2 September

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought they were doing it to release same time as the show, but the show is not coming out until next year now but that maybe that was the original plan. Would not be surprised if the show trailer drops around the same time.

I also thought they would do a proper remaster for part 2 and release them together I guess they will just stick with the 60fps upgrade for that.

I thought they were doing it to release same time as the show, but the show is not coming out until next year now but that maybe that was the original plan. Would not be surprised if the show trailer drops around the same time.

I also thought they would do a proper remaster for part 2 and release them together I guess they will just stick with the 60fps upgrade for that.

This remake will be on PC, can imagine they'll bundle both up for PC when that's ready.

This way they can sell both as full full price games rather than one discounted bundle. Gaming is becoming one big scam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think one of the keys to this is expanding on how much they've re-built from the ground up and whether they're going to actually alter any situations and encounters to either match what happened in TLoU 2 or as Neil said to match more of the vision that they initially had.

One of the big things that came out when TLoU first released was that they couldn't do clickers and human interactions based on the hardware at the time. That was something that they managed to get into the Left Behind DLC (if I remember correctly) and then obviously had in spades in TLoU 2. So does this give them the chance to change up some situations slightly to add that in, or will this be a direct shot-for-shot remake.

Remake can be different to remaster. We've seen this with the RE games, and some other games built from the ground up vs just making things look prettier with upscalers, new renderers and whatnot. A remake should give them the ability to adjust and change things up, rather than just giving us another look at the same thing again.

New ai, new game play mechanics, new sound design, redesigned levels, redesigned graphics..............

This isn't a simple port, people need to learn what a cash grab is.

Why not just develop a new game though?

Why not just develop a new game though?

Entertainment is lacking originality in general across the board. If it's not a remake or remastered game that nobody asked for it's another ******* marvel/DC movie or TV show. I'm usually content to let others just enjoy what they want but my biggest peeve with this particular remake is that there is a playable remastered version on the PS5 already. It's not like Demon Souls for example which unless you still have a PS3 then it's unplayable. I care about a story driven game being recreated or given a new coat of paint as much as I care about a new and reimagined Batman. This year has been a total slog. Everyone is different and after different things but I'm almost entirely after new experiences these days. After Destiny I think UE5 has my second most hours in anything gaming related this year. Especially after I bit the bullet and accepted using blueprints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back