PS4 The Last of Us Part II - PS5 Remaster coming Jan 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty unusual for Naughty Dog to "milk" a franchise; they tend to move on when they feel the story has been told.

Not really.

Jak_X_-_Combat_Racing_Coverart.png

They've milked Uncharted for an age too. Not that there is anything wrong with that, people gotta work, as long as they commit to making quality.

Last edited:

Not really.

They've milked Uncharted for an age too. Not that there is anything wrong with that, people gotta work, as long as they commit to making quality.

Its not like the sports games or shooters that are milked every year.

There will be like 5 years between the games, and if you watched the panel Neil talked about the game and they thought about new characters, but it didnt feel right without Ellie and Joel.

Uncharted 4 wasnt milked, it was a conclusion to the series and a farewell to Nathan Drake.

Not really.

Will have to agree to disagree on this. Jak X is secondary to the conversation as Ellie becoming the protagonist (or Joel remaining so) has no bearing on spin-offs, which is what Combat Racing was. Can't agree Uncharted has been milked either.

Dat realistic guitar picking the likes of which has never seen the likes of which

Listening to the hype build as the trailer rolls on is pretty sweet. Live trailers should be a thing.

The year that Sony dropped FFVII:ReMake, TLG & Shenmue 3 trailers the crowd noises were ridiculous.

Certainly adds to the initial reveals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The year that Sony dropped FFVII:ReMake, TLG & Shenmue 3 trailers the crowd noises were ridiculous.

Certainly adds to the initial reveals.

Someone on NeoGaf filmed this, you see Neil hug Ashley and Troy after the trailer ends. Its potato quality of the trailer but nice to see and hear the crowd reactions.

When she first started picking a couple strings her fingers weren't in any particular shape and I was like naaaaahh and then when it started properly and she was positioned for a d minor I was like yyeeeeeaahhhhh

Do you mean B Minor? D minor isn't played as a barre chord where she has her fingers, you only need 3 fingers.

From Gamespot

Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann has asked fans to put their faith in the studio as it returns to the story of Joel and Ellie for The Last of Us: Part 2.

Speaking during a panel held at PlayStation Experience, Druckmann started by confirming that the sequel takes place a few years after the events of the first game, when Ellie is aged 19. He went on to acknowledge worries among fans that creating a sequel diminishes the poignancy of the first game's ending and the journey its main characters went through.

tenor.gif

The first game was all done without mo-cap.

Say wot :huh:

ND are just incredible

Someone on reddit was speculating that

she's about to go nuclear on whatever's left of the Firelies for trying to kill her for the 'cure'

Doubt it. That was a few years ago, her pain in the trailer seems 'fresher' or something. Plus she was willing die if it meant finding a cure IIRC.

Edited for accuracy.

It'll be boss nonetheless.

The title including 'part 2' rather than just '2' makes me think this might be all they're going to do with it. Or at least thats what naughty dog are thinking - pressure will obviously be there to do another one once this sells 10 million copies and averages a review score of 11/10 :D

Not sure why the people in the audience were cheering at every new scene though lol.

Cheered every time something was confirmed - the firefly symbol on the street sign confirming it was TLOU, Elie in the game then again for Joel in the game.

that's just brilliant, forgot about this scene. Naughty dog is elite.

I just don't get how they're so far ahead of everyone else, it ain't even close.

Say wot :huh:

ND are just incredible

Yeah the first game and the first 3 uncharted games were all hand animated for every facial expression. Uncharted 4 was the first time they used mo-cap for facial animation. This time they have taken another huge step and are doing as much as they can with mo-cap and then just cleaning it up with hand animation it should make the production quicker as long as they have no big issues. But the first game was mostly animated by one girl IIRC.

I dont think they did too much facial capture other then Nate for Uncharted 4. this time they seem to be doing all the main cast in mo-cap.

It sounds like ND have some big things planned with game mechanics also, Im expecting an expanded crafting system with it staying as a real time backpack menu. and will have sections with hunters and infected to avoid or use as distractions and set the infected on the hunters

If we managed to get Last of Us 2 and Red Dead 2 next year, then I would flip out.

This trailer gave me chills.
I doubt this will come out next year. And RDR2 will prob get delayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back