PS4 The Last of Us Part II - PS5 Remaster coming Jan 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Great little video of how one of the level gets made and how long it takes (2 years!) and all the thought process, iteration and design that goes into it.

Great little video of how one of the level gets made and how long it takes (2 years!) and all the thought process, iteration and design that goes into it.

I love watching this stuff. I've been having fun with Quixel Bridge in Unreal but it still takes me a full weekend to get a single 'scene' (roughly 506x506 area) just looking half decent, that's before I even start touching things like lighting, colouring and post processing. Off topic so I'll spoiler it, but I was watching how some of this stuff is done so I spent the weekend just building up my own custom and reusable auto material and alpha brushes, and next going to backwards engineer a running water spline I pilfered with my own parameters that I can tweak that should hopefully speed up the process as I find it hard to believe that these studios build absolutely everything from scratch for every new game.

Is the game any good and if I buy the disc version for PS4 will it work on the ps5? My PS4 is stuffed and I'm thinking of just waiting for the 5th but buying the game soon on the 4?

Finally finished the game.

Quite enjoyed the journey and the only spoiler that I found out was playing as Abbey so that softened the blow a bit. Like others i grew to like her more than Ellie by the end of the game. I just wish there was some more definitive closure on the 2 story lines. Either Ellie dies or Abby dies.
As far as pacing goes the only annoying part for me was running around the aquarium reading signs about dinosaurs and other boring crap. Felt like that really dragged on an added nothing.
Does anyone else play too conservatively with their ammo? I was scared to waste the explosive arrows, or the flame thrower or the silenced machine gun in case i needed them for a big encounter. Turns out I saved them mostly for nothing. So im keen to go back and play the game to get my moneys worth blowing s**t up.
Now that ive had more time to think about it, i really didnt like Ellie by the end. I would have been ok with Abby killing her. Maybe shes just young and immature. But she was all self-righteous with Joel about not letting her die so her life could mean something, and she treated him like a dick despite him saving her life. Then Abby spares her life twice and Ellie still cant let it go. Then Ellie selfishly chooses to go after Abby despite Dina wanting her to stay at the farm.
Anyway its a solid 9/10 game and just falls short of the original which was never going to be surpassed. If that is the final installment for TLOU series it was a pretty good way to end it.

Have been really slow on this one due to work schedule, social life ect ect.

Half-way through Day 1 with Abby, the game has been good so far.

As was the case with the first one, I like the peaceful atmospheric parts more than the grungy dark parts.

The museum and Aquarium sections were beautiful.

Have been really slow on this one due to work schedule, social life ect ect.

Half-way through Day 1 with Abby, the game has been good so far.

As was the case with the first one, I like the peaceful atmospheric parts more than the grungy dark parts.

The museum and Aquarium sections were beautiful.
Social life?

Oh what it must be like to not live in Melbourne......

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Naughty Dog said they are going to announce new info on Sunday about Tlou ii, hopefully it's a remaster upgrade for the Ps5 or new MP factions

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like a lot of parts of this game are a chore, from what I've been reading of people's experiences

Feels like a lot of parts of this game are a chore, from what I've been reading of people's experiences

It's not a chore, The game play is extremely fun and a vast improvment on the first game in that regard. It's very story and character buliding orientated through so don't expect it to be lets just huntdown zombies type game. You need to soak in the entire atmosphere of the environment around you to truly enjoy it!

I grabbed this in the recent PS Store sale without thinking twice to save for my Christmas holidays or whenever I get a chance in the future.

On a scale of one to TLOU1 hotel basement, how spooky is this?

Some creepy moments for sure. They introduce a new zombie that is pretty terrifying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back