PS4 The Last of Us Part II - PS5 Remaster coming Jan 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only just started playing the first game, can't believe how brutal it is (losing my daughter in the first scene lol)

I've only just started playing the first game, can't believe how brutal it is (losing my daughter in the first scene lol)

That’s not funny I hated that beginning to the point I haven’t played the game from the start again!

Other than that the game is a masterpiece! Not sure about others but the game gave me these emotional vibes throughout the environment. The developers did a fabulous job in creating a world where you can feel and sense the panic that went on when the outbreak happened as you travel through. As well as creating a truly dystopian world. The clickers are just a side product to the real story which to me was more about humanities struggles and how it survives.

Anyway enjoy!

The clickers are just a side product to the real story which to me was more about humanities struggles and how it survives.

Very much this.

Kinda like Walking Dead but with good writing. :)

Very much this.

Kinda like Walking Dead but with good writing. :)

Never watched or read any walking dead but I'll take your word on it.

If anyone is wanting or expected a shooting up zombie game than walk away The Last Of Us isn't the game for you, It's very much story and character driven with some powerful human moments that will make you literally tear up.. Well I did anyway and am not ashamed of it, it's still the only game that has done so to me. The game gave me such an emotional connection to the characters and the environment more so than any movie or TV show has given me I can't really explain it in words you've played the game you'll know what I mean.

above all through take all that away, its also very much fun to play too :)

That scene with the giraffe.. boy did that hit me

Last edited:
I dont have a ps4 but would have been bloody tempted to buy one for this only luckily the ps5 is confirmed now so I will just wait for the end of the year. Gonna be a long wait though becauae I am keen as for this.

Has the game been announced on the PS5?

[Edit] just read the Sony press release the console will have backward compatibility, Finally!! A great addition that was lacking in the previous two.

Last edited:
Has the game been announced on the PS5?

[Edit] just read the Sony press release the console will have backward compatibility, Finally!! A great addition that was lacking in the previous two.

Im sure they will prob do a remaster for the ps5 like they did for the last one and gta v when the ps4 came out.

I wonder if red dead 2 will get a remaster as well.

Either way I can play em so not fussed

Last edited:
Im sure they will prob do a remaster for the ps5 like they did for the last one and gta v when the ps4 came out.

I wonder if red dead 2 will get a remaster as well.

Either way I can play em so not fussed

I'll be surprised if the PS5 "remaster" isn't out within 12 months of the console launching. The PS4 remaster of the first game came out 12 months after the PS3 release, this could even sneak it's way as a launch title given the gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to be an edgelord and say I don't even get the hype for what is imo just an interactive drama :cool:

Nah, I kinda get it. Currently replaying the first one thanks to PS Plus and 6 years on it did kinda hit me hard how little 'game' is there for what I still consider a masterpiece. Even less than Uncharted I'd say.

Nah, I kinda get it. Currently replaying the first one thanks to PS Plus and 6 years on it did kinda hit me hard how little 'game' is there for what I still consider a masterpiece. Even less than Uncharted I'd say.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first one the first time. It looked amazing for the hardware of the time and it was a really good ride. It wasn't until I tried to replay it when it was released again on PS4 did I start to struggle to keep motivated with the lack of actual game when I knew everything that would happen story wise. Then I got really pumped for Uncharted 4, and while it was a stunning game I never really got the hype. I just felt like a passenger to a story where I occasionally got to control some walking, shooting and climbing. This killed my anticipation for TLOU 2. I know it's a pretty uncommon opinion though as everyone else seems pretty keen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back